• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is there a race double standard in the media?

Sasholon

Gringo is essentially to whites as Beaner is to Mexican/hispanics. It's quite hilarious at my school. The Hispanics can say gringo, white trash, and white boy ect. and no one bats an eye. But as soon as one kid says wetback or beaner, it's "omg! He's ignorant and evil!"

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Incase you live under a rock Gringo is the white version of N*gger for people from the Spanish speaking world.

Seriously man. That's like saying, "What's so offensive about N*gger? Isn't that slang for a person from Nigeria?"

The point was, they would never say N*gger on NPR (National Public Radio), but they had no problem saying and quoting people saying Gringo. It's a double standard.
[img139]http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac290/mattj_pokemon/justwhitepeople.jpg[/img139]
I think the problem is they take themselves to seriously. As a security guard at a armored car company one of our minority (FYI I actually was in the minority in the building ) employees, called me a "Honkie white as* Mother Fu*ker"... I tilted my head and said "Yeah, my wife and I have a child... Now get your as* back in line and wait your turn like everyone else!"

I still am a MF cause I still have sex with my wife, and she IS a mother!>:D

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
I think the problem is they take themselves to seriously. As a security guard at a armored car company one of our minority (FYI I actually was in the minority in the building ) employees, called me a "Honkie white as* Mother Fu*ker"... I tilted my head and said "Yeah, my wife and I have a child... Now get your as* back in line and wait your turn like everyone else!"

I still am a MF cause I still have sex with my wife, and she IS a mother!>:D
I would tell that guy, "Yeah, your mother." If he attacked, I would arrest him.

Skydra

Society has somehow decided that since women, blacks and otherwise were being prejudiced before, they can be assholes to other people and expect no backlash. It's a very strange decision, but not one that wasn't to be expected.

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
i knew as soon as i clicked on this thread that it would be white people whining about all the racism we apparently face.

So, according to you, 'white' people don't face any racism?

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Racism is a two-way phenomenon. Once upon a time, the crude categories of 'black people' and 'white people' was each acknowledged to be a group of different races that even have unfortunate rivalries against each other. In racism, sometimes there is a clear historical oppressor that wronged a minority, but the social strata doesn't reflect this. Not every 'white person' is to blame for the oppression of 'black people'. The need to retaliate fosters race wars at a social level, putting both sides at fault.

Society likes to find someone to blame, so typically the conflict is portrayed not in an accurate fashion, but in a just fashion, where the 'white people' become a cohesive enemy that is appropriately loathesome, and the minority of the day gets a hero's pass to break them down by any means necessary. Hence you get these comedians on TV who can say pretty much anything, and it's in response to this strawman 'white person' that is the personification of all the suffering and evil that plagues minorities everywhere, but it's heard by the actual people who know that they're considered 'white', making them go 'WTF, what did I do to deserve that?'

sanjay120

?(???)?
So, according to you, 'white' people don't face any racism?

by its dictionary definition, sure. by the sociological definition, the one used by people who study these things for a living, no.

i prefer to say that white people can be victims of racial prejudice, and that's different than racism. they're really not comparable.

manaphy72

I find it very Crude for comedians to say that stuff about people.

But there is a point to the word COMEDian. COMEDY. comedy is suppose to make you laugh. So Comedians should be able to say certain things such as a "gay person walked into a bar.." but not say "That Gay fagat that *** ****** that dude" ( I didnt actually use words just stars) Thats disrespectful to the people who fall in the Homosexuality level.

But bringing races into Comedy shouldnt be allowed unless you are talking about your race and your race only. Now when African americans call Caucasians a "wigger" or "Cracker" we usually dont get offended.
But when a Caucasian Calls an african american a "ni****" they get offended. That is what confuses me. But when an African American Calls another African American a "ni****" they think its funny and cool.

So If there are any African Americans reading this I didnt actually spell the "N" word out I Used stars.

by its dictionary definition, sure. by the sociological definition, the one used by people who study these things for a living, no.

cant trust those social studies either. because in the past they also said minorities werent fully human and they backed it up with "facts". now they are saying some injustices dont apply to whites.

i think its up to common sense to dictate these things instead of what so called experts say that is in vogue for the era

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Hm.. I guess I can start my road to recovery here.

Skydra said:
Society has somehow decided that since women, blacks and otherwise were being prejudiced before, they can be assholes to other people and expect no backlash. It's a very strange decision, but not one that wasn't to be expected.
You might want to replace "society" with something. I really doubt "society" thinks that. Minorities? Sure. The entire society? No.

Tisub Lord of Kummi said:
now they are saying some injustices dont apply to whites.
Oh really? Mind sharing what this exactly is..?

Sure you can trust studies. If you can't trust studies, "common sense" can literally mean anything. Studies today are nowhere near as inaccurate as they were centuries ago. Don't be silly.