• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is there any good fanfiction about Korrina fighting?

Bahmo

I mean it; I'd like to read this. I feel Korrina deserves more fan attention than she gets; paired with a Riou and trained to fight from a young age in order to be Successor, and this makes her a great potential action/adventure protagonists. So do fanfictions exist where she lays the smack down?

Psychic

Really and truly
Hi there, just letting you know I've moved your thread from the general Fan Fiction section to The Authors' Café where it belongs! The general 'Fic area is only for posting actual fan fiction, whereas the Café is for asking questions, getting help or advice or otherwise chatting about writing. In the future, please be sure to check the stickied rules thread of a forum before posting in it!

I don't know of any Korrina fics myself, but hopefully someone else here will! :>

~Psychic

Edmund Daltonic

So you are looking for a "Korrina Begins" story? Mmh... not that I could recall but hey, you could write the first one!

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
Unfortunately I've never read any stories featuring Korrina as a major character, and there definitely aren't any around here. I imagine you've already tried looking on FFN, but if not, these are all the English-language stories listing Korrina as a character. Unfortunately I don't see any real adventure stories there, but perhaps you'll be able to find something you like.

This might be one of those situations where if you want to read about it you'll have to write it yourself, unfortunately. Good luck, though, I hope you manage to find a fanfic to enjoy.

Bahmo

I wasn't necessarily requesting "Korrina Begins", but it could be good. As to writing this myself, unfortunately I've neither played X/Y, nor seen the anime episodes with her, nor read the manga with her. All I have to go on are Bulbapedia and photos online. Also, I have a lot to get done right now; some of it for money.

Still, last time I wrote a Pokemon fanfiction, it was very well received, so who knows?

Psychic

Really and truly
I wasn't necessarily requesting "Korrina Begins", but it could be good. As to writing this myself, unfortunately I've neither played X/Y, nor seen the anime episodes with her, nor read the manga with her. All I have to go on are Bulbapedia and photos online. Also, I have a lot to get done right now; some of it for money.

Still, last time I wrote a Pokemon fanfiction, it was very well received, so who knows?
Just popping in to say that while it's great to see your enthusiasm, I think some of what you said came out a little differently from how you intended it. In particular, your comment about having a lot to do right now can really be read the wrong way. It's perfectly normal and reasonable that you have other things on your plate right now that you have to prioritize, but the addendum of "some of it for money" kinda implies that you don't think other people here also have lives and jobs they have to prioritize. Just something you might want to be more sensitive to in the future. :>

Otherwise, you should definitely give writing Poké-fic a shot! You'll definitely want to do more research on the characters in advance, though - it would be pretty tough to write about a character if you've only read about them secondhand, haha. Once you've seen Korrina in the games/animé/manga, reading how other writers represent her in fan fiction will also be really helpful.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them! Good luck!

~Psychic

Bahmo

I'm updating this to share Wanderer, by Renaerys. Not totally about Korrina, but she does some awesome stuff. Really R-rated AU, but not gratuitously edgy.