• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is there any indication that Ash would've caught Latias?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zach8920

I recall seeing something about the possibility of catching M05's Latias at the end of the movie, though 'scrapped' so that Ash wasn't made too powerful.

Could've sworn it was on bulbapedia but i've yet to find it.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I recall seeing something about the possibility of catching M05's Latias at the end of the movie, though 'scrapped' so that Ash wasn't made too powerful.

......no there is no hint of that in the movie!

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

I wouldn't listen to the site that refuses to put episodes in the correct order due to them airing out of order for correct information.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I wouldn't listen to the site that refuses to put episodes in the correct order due to them airing out of order for correct information.
Yeah that and their own forums reboot two time and deleted most users blog

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Yeah, I'm not sure if bulbapedia is considered a trusted source either although I'm guilty of using it myself regarding episode information. I think just about anyone can edit the pages though and add whatever they feel like.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I wouldn't put much stock into what any wiki-type website claims. Satoshi catching the fifth movie's Latias wouldn't have been realistic anyway, because characters don't capture Pokemon in movies since it would confuse people who don't watch the movies in the first place. Satoshi didn't deserve a Legendary Pokemon back then, regardless.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I wouldn't put much stock into what any wiki-type website claims. Satoshi catching the fifth movie's Latias wouldn't have been realistic anyway, because characters don't capture Pokemon in movies since it would confuse people who don't watch the movies in the first place. Satoshi didn't deserve a Legendary Pokemon back then, regardless.
The Pokemon movies are like the Dragon Ball Z movies, that they aren't canon to their respective shows. The movies can borrow elements from the show but it can't be done in reverse, unless the director from the show confirm the existence of the movie elements, like Akira Toriyama about the Dragon Ball Super movies.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
A better example would be One Piece. Dragon Ball has no rules when it comes to movie/TV canon. The Cooler movies are canon to each other but nothing else. Dead Zone is canon to the series and visa versa, Minus is canon to everything but contradicts everything...

Pokemon has a simpler, more consistent relationship between the movies. All movies are canon to the series and they can reference each other, but the you do not need to see the movies to follow the series. They are strictly optional, so what references there are between the movies and series cannot be too obtrusive or contradictory.

This changed with M20, introducing a new canon for the movies, and SM itself which contradicted Magearna's origins in M19.

Last edited:

JC317

Something like Doraemon or Detective Conan would make for an even better comparison. Those two plus Pokemon have annual movies since their inception; movie plots from all three series doesn't contradict with anime canon, and there are moments in the main anime and movies that cross-reference each other.

D

Deleted member 384931

Yeah, I'm not sure if bulbapedia is considered a trusted source either although I'm guilty of using it myself regarding episode information. I think just about anyone can edit the pages though and add whatever they feel like.
I feel like there are made too much threads there and they won't comfirm things because they aren't stated in the episode, but are pretty obvious. I like Serebii better.

Leonhart

Imagineer
AznKei said:
The Pokemon movies are like the Dragon Ball Z movies, that they aren't canon to their respective shows. The movies can borrow elements from the show but it can't be done in reverse, unless the director from the show confirm the existence of the movie elements, like Akira Toriyama about the Dragon Ball Super movies.

Some of the Pokemon movies are canon though since we've seen certain elements from the movies appear in the main anime, such as Satoshi's ability to use aura, Satoshi and Kojirou recognizing Lugia in Jouto, Hikari's Lunar Wing appearing in Mio City, and tons of other little story elements.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
@Doppelgänger Well, at least Magearna are buildable. Mohn could've found its blueprints somewhere or seen the real thing and tried to build a new one.

As for the other movies, they're all meant to be canon (I guess the Victini one is take your pick as to which one), but they can't be referenced directly. OS' movies except for Heroes are all more clearly meant to be special episodes within the anime, and have more connection to the characters. Heroes is where they start branching off into the "Legendary of the Year + generic villain" plot that most of the movies follow.

MockingJ

Banned
Ash wouldn't have caught Latias regardless of what Bulbapedia said. I know that Latias kissed Ash at the end of the movie (no it wasn't really Bianca so don't even try that excuse), but that wouldn't have been reason enough for Ash to get Latias.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I find this rumor as absurd as the "Oshawott was supposed to evolve in TR vs TP" rumor
Also, they never should do a movie capture. Especially considering the rest of the world gets the movie far later than Japan does, it'd confuse the heck out of them and make them go "Where the heck did Ash get this Pokemon?"

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
I find this rumor as absurd as the "Oshawott was supposed to evolve in TR vs TP" rumor

I never heard that rumor: did the rumor mean that Mijumaru was planned to evolve there before the writers actually finished the episodes, or that he did originally evolve there but we never saw it because the episodes were banned and any appearance of Satoshi's Futachimaru had to be edited in future episodes?

MockingJ said:
Ash wouldn't have caught Latias regardless of what Bulbapedia said. I know that Latias kissed Ash at the end of the movie (no it wasn't really Bianca so don't even try that excuse), but that wouldn't have been reason enough for Ash to get Latias.

The Latias kiss scene still causes a lot of arguments even these days, although I agree that Latias was the one who kissed Satoshi in that scene. Not that it should've led to anything big like a capture of Latias occurring, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.