• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is there any reason for Serena to comeback aside from Shipping?

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
Serena was well loved character because of one reason. SHIPPING. The hero is now finally has a love interest. Fans especially Amourshippers we're so disappointed that Serena didn't have a single appearance during SM while Misty and Brock returned. Now that Ash and Go will surely traveling to Kalos. That ship with Serena is obviously part of character, but is there more reasons for her to come back? What would be her purpose?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
There is a reason. Some people like her character and want to see her again. Speacially to see whether she got a new outfit or how she'd look like in the current artstyle.

Really, shipping aside Serena's reasoning for a comeback is as good as anyone else's, including the kanto pandering characters.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I think it's bold of you to assume that everyone who liked Serena only did so because of her crush. I personally liked Serena's design and her team, and I hardly cared about her feelings towards Satoshi. While I don't think she has to return again, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing how much she's progressed as a performer since she left the cast.

Zacianmo

I mean the thing is if she were to appear again it probably would be mostly for her interactions with Ash. She's not going to come back just to promote showcases or contests.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Well, I would like to see how far she progressed while she was traveling alone and having her Pokemons interacting with the current cast ones more. But I'm not interested about the shipping at all, especially when it distracts her own professional goals/skills and give Ash more spotlights than he already had.

Last edited:

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
She deserves to come back for the same reasons that Misty, May and Dawn did which is to appease her fans and throw them a bone.

Not everyone who liked Serena saw her as shipping bait and I think it's messed up to imply that Serena was only viewed that way by everyone who supported her.
This is my case. I don't like her shipping but I like her character so much. I want to see her again in the show one day.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I don't mind the shipping - though I kind support it - but I wouldn't mind having a Serena comeback had its story being about things other than her love for Ash. If you ask me, the final XYZ episode already did everything that needed to be done with that part since all the remains is the logical follow up which would require the show to go to places it wouldn't - and my opinion shouldn't - go.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I feel Serena is the closest the anime has had to a character straight outta the 60s. Her early hairstyle feels like it could have been from the 60s. That's another reason I like the character (besides her only owning mammalian Pokemon).

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I think Lillie will probably have the best chance of returning over anyone else since her va is still currently working for the anime.

I dont think we'll see Serena returning because of the way her departure was handled.

Epicocity

I think Lillie will probably have the best chance of returning over anyone else since her va is still currently working for the anime.

I dont think we'll see Serena returning because of the way her departure was handled.
Considering how much they botched Lillie and never even concluded her story like they should have (and added insult by making sure she remains a child with mom and big brother), yeah, she's probably the one that needs to come back in order to get a decent fix on her character.

Serena doesn't need a return. They wrote her character to a point she doesn't need to and bringing her back would probably just devalue her entire arc.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I feel Serena is the closest the anime has had to a character straight outta the 60s. Her early hairstyle feels like it could have been from the 60s. That's another reason I like the character (besides her only owning mammalian Pokemon).
I thought she looked like one of those female models from the L'Oreal Paris hair dye covers.
This just seems like a thread to start a flame war lol
With other Pokegirls to be brought into the equation, it is bound to happen. :/