• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

is there any way to trade mythical pokemon in gen 8 or pokemon home

Emperorj

i want to complete the national dex in home, but i'm starting to suspect it cant be done since you cant trade mythical pokemon in the gts. does link trade also block mythical trades?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Link trading doesn't as far as I know.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Link trading only works locally, not over longer distances. If you want to trade mythicals with people further away trade them through Sword and Shield, and for the pokémon that can't go in there, trade them through Alola games. If your mythical pokémon are already in Home, tough luck, they're stuck.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Link trading only works locally, not over longer distances. If you want to trade mythicals with people further away trade them through Sword and Shield, and for the pokémon that can't go in there, trade them through Alola games. If your mythical pokémon are already in Home, tough luck, they're stuck.
That honestly sucks for anyone who only has one Switch and/or doesn't have friends nerby to help them, meaning the local trading baloney for Sword and Shield. But at least there's the Alola option.

Emperorj

ooh, that sucks. i transfered all my pokemon to home. this is going to be complicated. thanks guys

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
That honestly sucks for anyone who only has one Switch and/or doesn't have friends nerby to help them, meaning the local trading baloney for Sword and Shield. But at least there's the Alola option.
It does. I never got Sword and Shield or a Switch because of all these stupid issues they never had on the 3DS. Personally I never trade event pokémon any way because the vast majority that's being traded is hacked and there's no way I'd offer up my legit events for that, so I know I'll probably never get pokémon like Shaymin, but the issues do stem beyond mythicals. In between Sword and Shield being inaccessible to over half the pokémon, Home trading mostly being local only (GTS is not a reliable way to trade with someone else of your choosing), and the trip from Bank to Home being one-way only they have made this ordeal incredibly complicated and constrained. Plenty of people transferred their pokémon up to Home and inadvertently ended up getting their pokémon stuck with nowhere to go, no game for them to travel to, and GameFreak actively encourages that practice by rewarding them with a useless Magearna that also can't go anywhere and statements like "maybe there will be a future game where you could take those pokémon to", without any kind of guarantee or timeline. It's all just a mess and a huge step back from Alola where you just pressed a trade button and could trade with anyone you wanted, from anywhere in the world, and any pokémon.

Calanthe

While I agree that the lack of trading back to Bank is irksome, and there should be much larger and clearer warning about the repercussions of transferring to Home, globally I like Home a lot better.

It's a well designed, easily accessed storage service that I feel a lot safer about than I ever did with Bank. The number of times I nearly lost my living dex in Bank because I forgot to pay for another year... That was stressful.
Plus, being able to check IVs, organize my boxes easily (the Bank interface was horrible) and keep track on my phone is wonderful.

If there are no plans to make the ENTIRE National Dex available to trade in Sw/Sh anytime soon, it would be nice if they'd at least loosen the GTS restrictions so we can trade event Pokemon. It would be a nice stop-gap solution while they finish animating and importing the rest of the Dex to Gen VIII.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
While I agree that the lack of trading back to Bank is irksome, and there should be much larger and clearer warning about the repercussions of transferring to Home, globally I like Home a lot better.

It's a well designed, easily accessed storage service that I feel a lot safer about than I ever did with Bank. The number of times I nearly lost my living dex in Bank because I forgot to pay for another year... That was stressful.
Plus, being able to check IVs, organize my boxes easily (the Bank interface was horrible) and keep track on my phone is wonderful.

If there are no plans to make the ENTIRE National Dex available to trade in Sw/Sh anytime soon, it would be nice if they'd at least loosen the GTS restrictions so we can trade event Pokemon. It would be a nice stop-gap solution while they finish animating and importing the rest of the Dex to Gen VIII.

I know what you mean. I had almost 1.5 pk bank apps worth of stored mons. I have 2 active DS systems and remembering the yearly thing is stressful to say the least. It's cheaper than HOME but you lose it all if you forget. I don't want to lose them all so I got 1 extra game files from gen6 to store some needed mons. It's still insufficient but I have recently sent a fair amount to HOME and been busy organizing the remaining ones to fit on 1 pm bank app. I still need to send a fair amount to HOME for storage but I will keep 1 pk bank app active and let the other expire. It's not an issue ATM but trying to remember that 4-5years in the future to keep 1 active is a bit stressing.

I will be locked out of HOME in 2 months ie 3 month paid but at least they won't be lost.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I really only bring a few Pokémon over from Bank to HOME at a time, the ones I'm sure I want to use in a Galar game. Usually, though, this entails going back to a previous-generation game, catching or breeding the Pokémon itself, and moving it forward through the generations. (I'm currently stuck with Skill Link Minccino/Cinccino though. The only pre-Galar game I have where it's available is Black 2, and it's male so I'd have to permanently remove it.)

Most of the Pokémon I have in Bank and HOME are Pokémon obtained through Wonder Trade and Surprise Trade though, who just sit there gaining BP for me over time. I'd say that of all the Pokémon I've put into Box, Ranch, Bank and HOME, less than 5% of them ever actually leave storage, and of those, nearly all of them are put back in storage after a few days.