• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is there anyway to prevent unwelcome add-ons from getting into my firefox browser?

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Alright, I have uninstalled ProOShopper many times, as I really hate that annoying add-on.

But no matter how many times I do it, it, or another annoying add-on keeps crawling back.

I wanna get rid of unwelcome add-ons on my firefox for good. All they do is place ads on the most uncomfortable places, like blocking a YouTube video I'm trying to watch.

Yami Ron

Elite Member
I would recommend getting the Adblock Plus plug-in for Firefox. That should help prevent accidental ad-clicking.

Other than that, a program like that has probably installed itself on your computer and there is probably something in the Startup or Task Scheduler that is causing the program to keep existing. I would check those places to see anything out of the ordinary is starting up on your computer. Running a virus scan or use Windows Defender may help get rid of it.

A tool that I use is called CCleaner which cleans invalid registry entries and has quick access to look at programs running at startup and running from Task Scheduler (depending on your version of Windows). You can disable the tasks accordingly and pinpoint you to the hard drive location where the files are executing from for manual deletion.

Hope this helps.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Alright I will try getting adblock plus plugin. I desperately need it as I'm sick and tired of these annoying ads preventing me from using FireFox right.

If it costs money I'd be willing to pay for it.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I will say the issue appears to be already the system, so adblock won't remove it. CC Cleaner should. Just remember to leave alot of time before you do it.

Alright, tell me quick. Is that program free? Because I am not willing to spend over 15 dollars to get rid of add-ons that I never installed in the first place, I'm really not.