• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is there evidence of Jesus' ressurection?

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
pro creation has more evidence that refutes evolution, mant of the evolutionist theories have been disproven. more than once in fact. dont sondescend to me about being condescending. and it funny yo say hat when all i said was that creation has more evidence

If there really was enough evidence to refute evolution, it would no longer be a theory. I'd really like to see published "evidence" that refutes the theory of evolution. As someone who has struggled with the whole creationism vs. evolution thing in the past, I've read a lot of books on creationist trying to disprove evolution. You know what I found? A lot of long-winded guys with crackpot ideas about a theory they clearly don't understand.

Last edited:

legendarypokemonmaster

What implies that?

foodmetaphors

11DBHK, the fact that we can see stars which are billions of light years away is but one implication we can take wrt the age of the universe.

11DBHK

Banned
If there really was enough evidence to refute evolution, it would no longer be a theory. I'd really like to see published "evidence" that refutes the theory of evolution. As someone who has struggled with the whole creationism vs. evolution thing in the past, I've read a lot of books on creationist trying to disprove evolution. You know what I found? A lot of long-winded guys with crackpot ideas about a theory they clearly don't understand.

what it boils down to is either you beleive, or you dont. simple

legendarypokemonmaster

^Yes
sarcasm? Honestly can't tell. I'd like to think so though.
You'll never know muahahahahaha

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
Yes, there is evidence, it's called the Bible.

All right, I'm going to play devil's advocate here since, as a Christian, I DO believe that Jesus rose from the dead, but...

The Bible was written centuries after Christ's death and is a compilation of books, letters, etc. that were written by many different men. Not to mention the fact that there are dozens of books that aren't even in versions of the Bible printed for the public so those outside of the Vatican archives don't really have the "full" story of the Bible. Now, looking at this from a non-faith-based standpoint, the Bible really isn't very good evidence.

legendarypokemonmaster

^Maybe we just can't understand it...yet.

legendarypokemonmaster

Yeah...idk, lost my my train of thought. Can you understand something that isn't scientifically possible? Infinity?

Sabonea_Masukippa

If you want to use the Bible as evidence you need to explain why it is a trustworthy source? (Hint: It can't be because the Bible says it's trustworthy). Especially since the authors of the New Testament had an undeniable vested interest in making people believe what they were writing true.

I'm not saying Jesus didn't resurrect Himself after 'sacrificing' Himself and spending 36 hours in Heaven but, just like an otherwise trustworthy friend claiming they have a 6 foot, 4000 pound dragon that shoots rainbows in their garage, I'm not going to believe it happened until I have more evidence than a black and white photocopy of a photo of footprints allegedly made by the dragon.

Last edited:

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
last i checked this was a bebate forum, not a spellin be,

Yes, but if you're going to type like this no one will take your argument seriously. You are basically making a fool of yourself.

lol, im a fool because my thoughts oppose yours? or because you cant stand that a valid point was made that punchesa hole in you theory?

No as a Writing tutor I can't stand your atrocious spelling, grammatical errors, your huge logical fallacies, the disorganization and nonsense in your posts and the fact you don't back any of your claims up. Anyone can spout out nonsense like you. Until you back your claims up you're just a troll.

i dont know how to do links so you'l just have to manage on your own

Then don't bother coming to the debate thread and making these claims.

Oh and according to this Black Hills website you're wrong in your belief the Black Hills are not 1.8 billion years old.
Until you can find a source that disproves this, you will only continue to make a fool of yourself.

About as accurately as the bible I would say.

I don't know... At least you can say the Bible was well written and that many passages were beautifully written. His posts, on the other hand, are not well written.

^Maybe we just can't understand it...yet.

I could agree with this. There are still many mysteries to be solved and questions to be answered.

Last edited:

K1B2

Forecaster
I'm terrible at arguments, so I won't try to make a point here one way or another, but if they haven't been mentioned already, there are other, non-biblical, pieces of historical literature that talk about Jesus' resurrection, confirming much of what the Bible writes. A google search would probably help you find the titles. There was also a movie, "A Case for Christ" that made some very excellent points in confirming Jesus' resurrection. I can't remember them well enough to write out the exact script here, but once again you may be able to find the arguments on google.

Again, I can't argue well. This is just something to look into for you debaters out there. Good luck!

EDIT: Arrrg, yep, I'm bad at arguing. Reading through these post I just want to jump up and shout "No! That's wrong!", but I have no good evidence (that I can explain well) to back it up. I've had events happen in my life that put the existence of God and Jesus/the Resurrection beyond a shadow of a doubt in my mind, but does that argument hold up in a debate? Nope. If only there was an easy way to make everyone accept as truth what I treat as fact. :p

Last edited:

11DBHK

Banned
Yes, but if you're going to type like this no one will take your argument seriously. You are basically making a fool of yourself.

No as a Writing tutor I can't stand your atrocious spelling, grammatical errors, your huge logical fallacies, the disorganization and nonsense in your posts and the fact you don't back any of your claims up. Anyone can spout out nonsense like you. Until you back your claims up you're just a troll.

Then don't bother coming to the debate thread and making these claims.

Oh and according to this Black Hills website you're wrong in your belief the Black Hills are not 1.8 billion years old.
Until you can find a source that disproves this, you will only continue to make a fool of yourself.

I don't know... At least you can say the Bible was well written and that many passages were beautifully written. His posts, on the other hand, are not well written.

I could agree with this. There are still many mysteries to be solved and questions to be answered.

kinda fail to see ho im the troll here since all i saidwas there are no missings links found and that i really that i think pro creation has fewer flaws. and that i dont think that the earth is billions of years old
futhermore i dont give two shits about your grammatical bs
you got the point. if you dont like the way i veiw things you can just deal with it ..l.. -_- ..l..

btw you say i avnt backed up my claims? where is your proof in the evolutionary chain?
you cant admit that i might have had a valid point

yeah thats really good now cite a refereence that isnt completely
where is YOUR proof?

Last edited:

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
kinda fail to see ho im the troll here since all i saidwas there are no missings links found and that i really that i think pro creation has fewer flaws. and that i dont think that the earth is billions of years old

You sure were acting like a troll because you were attacking people and making claims without backing them up.

futhermore i dont give two shits about your grammatical bs

Okay. That is fine with me. I hope that mentality serves you well in the educational system.

btw you say i avnt backed up my claims? where is your proof in the evolutionary chain?

I have not made any claims in this thread regarding evolution. The spotlight is on you, bub.

you cant admit that i might have had a valid point

You're right; I can't admit you have a valid point.

if you dont like the way i veiw things you can just deal with it ..l.. -_- ..l..

It's not a matter of how you view things. I can respect TFPikachu even if we have completely different views because of his politeness and the way he expresses his views. You just spout out crap. There is a big difference.

yeah thats really good now cite a refereence that isnt completel
All you do is hit more info. I can post more sources if you really want.

Last edited:

Byzantine

The fact of the matter is it is easy to appear dead without actually being dead, 9 hours or so on a cross probably wasn't good for Jesus's health, but it is entirely possible that he didn't die, he simply had very soft and shallow breathing and heartbeat, remember that more than one person was buried alive in the 1800s because the doctor couldn't tell that had a very very slight heartbeat and breathing (in most of those cases it was a disease that caused it, but trauma could as well). The most likely explanation, based on known science, is that he had a 3 day long coma where everyone thought he was dead and so when he woke up they believed he rose from the dead (it is entirely possible he sincerely believed he was dead, all it would have taken was a dream).

@11DBHK

You aren't being polite, you are giving the same repetitive argument and have no evidence to back it up, that is not a debate, that is just trolling.

Sporetox

Soul Keeper
History is %100 sure that Jesus existed, they have official records of his execution as proof, since you can't execute someone who doesn't exist he was real.