• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is there evidence of Jesus' ressurection?

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
Duplication and mutation allows new genetic information to be created (For the 8th time) Yeah I am stuborn, that is a good quality.

Hello? MUTATIONS DO NOT ADD INFORMATION! And being stubborn can be bad, too. Think of criminals who keep doing crime. Bad example. Here's a better one. Read some history.

Megaton666

Swampert Trainer
Hello? MUTATIONS DO NOT ADD INFORMATION!

Common creationist misconseption. Mutations are simply errors in DNA duplication. Sometimes the error is excessive duplicatin, which adds information.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
In less than one day this thread has gone to hell. There are stupid quotes like, "Incest is okay when it's with cousins." I went on Wikipedia and found out that Seth married his sister Azura. I guess that destroys the theory that Seth married his niece.

Oh, by the way, people don't live to be 130.

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
Hello? MUTATIONS DO NOT ADD INFORMATION! And being stubborn can be bad, too. Think of criminals who keep doing crime. Bad example. Here's a better one. Read some history.

Again (9th) DNA IS copyed twice. aaccatatg (Protien 17) is copyed and mutated aaggatatg (Protien 21) see new information has just been made. Being stuborn means to not give up, and there is nothing wrong with that... To bad your teachers were not more stuborn

I would like to agree but then why does it say that it was 130 years did adam live when Seth was born... (Also people don't live that long anyway) Its sad how far you have to stretch your bible to make it work.
Human DNA fades with time. At most we can live to be 200 (In the future, with science) The reason I disagree is b/c you have made the assumption first and then made facts fit what you want.
In less than one day this thread has gone to hell. There are stupid quotes like, "Incest is okay when it's with cousins." I went on Wikipedia and found out that Seth married his sister Azura. I guess that destroys the theory that Seth married his niece.

Oh, by the way, people don't live to be 130.
You know, this is all very hilarious. I'm glad you noticed it marioguy; none of you are furthering the topic of the thread. You guys are derailing the topic of the thread and not addressing the actual topic.

There is nothing inherently illogical about people living long spans of time, especially given that many modern scientists think aging itself can be cured. While I remain a bit skeptical, you haven't shown any actual source for your claims that humans can't live that long. Not that it matters. You guys keep changing the subject away from the actual evidence for Jesus' resurrection whenever you don't have an answer. Stop hastily throwing out criticisms of the Old Testament, because it wasn't written by the same people who wrote the gospels or who saw Jesus alive.

That reminds me, SINCE YOU'RE BACK ebilly99, I'd like to point out that your previous subject-changing involving Muslims who think the Bible says the earth is flat argument was horribly biased. Try a YouTube search for "Flat Earth Muslims."

Still, everyone is ignoring what I said about Jesus' supernatural deeds being supported by the Talmud, a hostile source. (The only people who addressed it misrepresented what I said.) Further, nobody addressed what I said in my previous post here. The fact remains that the report of Jesus alive comes from people of various backgrounds. The women were believers, sure, but they didn't expect Jesus to come back to life since they were planning to bring spices for His burial. And considering the fact that neither Paul nor James followed Jesus in His lifetime, they were not biased. To say they wanted to see Jesus alive is pure nonsense. Paul even persecuted Jesus' followers!

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
You know, this is all very hilarious. I'm glad you noticed it marioguy; none of you are furthering the topic of the thread. You guys are derailing the topic of the thread and not addressing the actual topic.

There is nothing inherently illogical about people living long spans of time, especially given that many modern scientists think aging itself can be cured. While I remain a bit skeptical, you haven't shown any actual source for your claims that humans can't live that long. Not that it matters. You guys keep changing the subject away from the actual evidence for Jesus' resurrection whenever you don't have an answer. Stop hastily throwing out criticisms of the Old Testament, because it wasn't written by the same people who wrote the gospels or who saw Jesus alive.

That reminds me, SINCE YOU'RE BACK ebilly99, I'd like to point out that your previous subject-changing involving Muslims who think the Bible says the earth is flat argument was horribly biased. Try a YouTube search for "Flat Earth Muslims."

Still, everyone is ignoring what I said about Jesus' supernatural deeds being supported by the Talmud, a hostile source. (The only people who addressed it misrepresented what I said.) Further, nobody addressed what I said in my previous post here. The fact remains that the report of Jesus alive comes from people of various backgrounds. The women were believers, sure, but they didn't expect Jesus to come back to life since they were planning to bring spices for His burial. And considering the fact that neither Paul nor James followed Jesus in His lifetime, they were not biased. To say they wanted to see Jesus alive is pure nonsense. Paul even persecuted Jesus' followers!

The Talmud makes refferences to sorcerers being hung and stoned, being boiled in piss ect. Not exactly affirming Jesus. (Considering it is 4th century it is nul and void) The women also didn't recognize Jesus at first either. Can you say imposter. I believe Paul wanted the peace that those he killed had and beleived hard enough to create Sycosomatic Blindness.
Also I do not doubt jesus died. I Doubt that he came back.
Also Why would the pharisis bury Jesus in a new tomb when they hated him. Either it was a multi tomb, (Along with anyone else to die before the Passover) or the Pharisis knew Jesus was God. If the later don't you think they know they cant stop YHWH

I can understand how you can look at the evidence presented and come to those conclusions. I disagree with your conclusions for various reasons. But I see how you can come to them. However, I can look at the same evidence and come to the opposite conclusion.

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
Again (9th) DNA IS copyed twice. aaccatatg (Protien 17) is copyed and mutated aaggatatg (Protien 21) see new information has just been made. Being stuborn means to not give up, and there is nothing wrong with that... To bad your teachers were not more stuborn

You are right about mutations being helpful sometimes. But you are NOT right about mutations adding information.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
I studied this in biology. Sometimes RNA is replicated incorrectly and adds something else. For example : GCACCAG would turn into GCACGCAG because a C got in there.

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
Not that I'm frightened than I'm wrong or anything, but we are kinda swaying off topic. I don't want a mod waving my head around on a stake.

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
Why did Jesus get put into that tomb. He was a criminal and a blasphemer. The Religious Temple Hated him so why put him into a tomb by himself.

Why did Jesus get put into that tomb. He was a criminal and a blasphemer. The Religious Temple Hated him so why put him into a tomb by himself.

Wow dude, that is incredibly offensive. You were shouting at people for being 'ignorant' in other threads yesterday. Jesus is God, so how can he be a blasphemer. His 'criminal action' was to clean up the freaking temple in Jerusalem because it had basically become a market and not a place of worship.

The Religious Temple was the criminal and the blasphemers. They outright rejected God's Son and routinely screwed poor Jews out of their money.

Back on topic; plenty of people witnessed Jesus after his resurrection. Are you calling hundreds of people liers?

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
Wow dude, that is incredibly offensive. You were shouting at people for being 'ignorant' in other threads yesterday. Jesus is God, so how can he be a blasphemer. His 'criminal action' was to clean up the freaking temple in Jerusalem because it had basically become a market and not a place of worship.

The Religious Temple was the criminal and the blasphemers. They outright rejected God's Son and routinely screwed poor Jews out of their money.

Back on topic; plenty of people witnessed Jesus after his resurrection. Are you calling hundreds of people liers?

I am sorry if you missunderstod but the Pharisis tried him for blasphmey. that was his charge. I am sorry if you disagree.

And while the temple was in the wrong it does not make a difference b/c that is what jesus was tried for, (and leading the people to revolt against rome which again he did not do)

As for the witnesses, They never signed a paper confirming it so it is as likly as all the "Scientest" that signed that paper that was against evolution.

I am sorry if you missunderstod but the Pharisis tried him for blasphmey. that was his charge. I am sorry if you disagree.

We can agree with thing here; The Pharisees were the biggest blasphmers ever. They used the Jewish religion to further their agenda, they used the religion to place themselves in positions of power. Their version of the Jewish faith was incredibly perverted. They hated the Jews, so they hated Jesus as was the King of the Jews. The Pharisees were in league with the Romans to kill Jesus and remove the Jews from their homeland. The word Palestinian comes from the word Pharisee. Interestingly the Pharisees lived in Gaza, so to the Palestinians. When the Jews were expelled in AD 70, the Pharisees took over Israel, the Romans renamed Israel, Palestine and the Pharisees became the Palestinians and eventually converted to Islam back in and around AD 700

And while the temple was in the wrong it does not make a difference b/c that is what jesus was tried for, (and leading the people to revolt against rome which again he did not do)

The charge was to kill Jesus. The Romans and the Pharisees wanted Jesus dead. Satan used the Romans and Pharisees to kill Jesus. But the death of Jesus was to wash away the sins of mankind. God sacrificed his only Son for salvation for Mankind

As for the witnesses, They never signed a paper confirming it so it is as likly as all the "Scientest" that signed that paper that was against evolution.

They did, its called the Bible

Replies in bold

Remorph

Alone With Everybody

Look at mormonism, and the 11 witnesses. They signed papers, and all 11 witnesses recanted as they got older. NONE of the apostles (11, remember?) recanted when they saw Jesus again.

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
Replies in bold

Dude, the Romans weren't out to get Jesus. The only reason the Romans were involved, was because the hypocritical Pharisees wanted Jesus dead. And according to Roman rules there, Romans had to get involved with capital offences.

The Romans in general were fine with Christianity. Then, the Romans started attacking Christians around Nero's time. And it went back and forth, depending on the ruler, with attacks becoming more infrequent.

Also, Pontius Pillate saw nothing wrong with Jesus. He KNEW he was innocent, but being the cowardly sponge he is, he went ahead with it anyway, because he didn't want to be blamed for an uprising by the Jews. And even if Pilate let Jesus go, Jesus STILL would have died, because it was part of God's plan.