1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Is there evidence of Jesus' ressurection?

Discussion in 'Debate Forum' started by GhostAnime, Apr 11, 2011.

1. mattj

mattj .

As I've said before, the evidence that John really was the person who wrote the gospel of John is more than enough for me, and the arguments against it seem downright foolish imo.

2. ebilly99

ebilly99 Americanreigon champ

What evidence is there that John Wrote John? Also why wait till he was 70 or older to do it?

3. mattj

mattj .

That's a completely legitimate question to ask. There are a lot of people that believe the Gospel of John was written definitely before he was 70. Some think it was as early as 50 AD, and for legitimate reasons.

The evidence that John wrote John is in the final chapter where he describes the Disciple whom Jesus loved and says "Yeah, that was me, I was the guy who wrote this book. The End." He names every other disciple of Christ throughout his book, except himself. Probably out of humility. So it's pretty easy to tell which one he was. Beyond that, there is plenty of AD 100ish early church writing where they say, "Yeah, duh that was John who wrote that." on and on.

4. mattj

mattj .

Idunno, Christianity, The Bible, Faith, Religion are subjects that kinda matter to a couple people around the world and throughout history. I know. It's weird or something.