• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is there evidence of Jesus' ressurection?

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
The past 4 pages are trolltastic. I particularly like the bit about Cro-Magnums, it really brings through the posters taste in ice cream, alongside their near omniscient knowledge of the subject at hand.

Charmander#4

Dating Rosie Palms?
The past 4 pages are trolltastic. I particularly like the bit about Cro-Magnums, it really brings through the posters taste in ice cream, alongside their near omniscient knowledge of the subject at hand.

I'm afraid that he's being serious. Trolls tend to either spell alright or overdo it.

He was probably home-schooled. Yo.

annabel lee

alesana freeeeak.
to be honest, i've never believed in religion. in my old primary school, all they went on about was jesus, which just really put me off of religion.

i can see why people would believe in god. i mean, the stigma thing people get where their hands won't stop bleeding, i can see why people would think that's from jesus.
actually, apart from that, i don't there is any evidence.

you have yet to see me troll
and no, i dont particularly care to know about evolution, but i know enough to
that it goes against alot of evidence
look it up yourself -_-
you keep asking for proof about divinity, watch the history channel sometime
dead sea scrolls found, peices of th wall around jericho and the fact that though many different ppl wrote parts of the bible, the stories all fit together

I really hope you're a troll, I really do. I mean, come on? Here we go...

and no, i dont particularly care to know about evolution, but i know enough to
that it goes against alot of evidence

If you don't care to know about evolution, how do you know there is hard proof that it doesn't exist? Besides, there a mountain of evidence has already been provided in this thread already. Just look at fossils, or the similarities between species. What's stopping that from being evolution? I'm sure your God wouldn't of bothered in making every little detail different to make completely new species that are relatively the same.

What evidence is there? Please show me because I'd honestly like to know. Don't give me "Creationism" excuse, either. As I mentioned above in a completely separate post, there is no reason for a God to exist with evolution. He (or she, to be honest.) could of created the founding blocks of life, and they evolved themselves.

But, I digress. SHOW ME FREAKIN' EVIDENCE THAT EVOLUTION GOES AGAINST.

look it up yourself -_-

Isn't the whole point of your arguement to show us the "evidence that evolution is wrong"? Just for the sake of it, I googled it.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I bring you to Jesus-Is-Savior.com, Where, in case you were wondering, gays are evil, women should be kept in the home baking and wearing long skirts (what else?), Obama is a communist (and knowing that site, probably the Anti-Christ) and any other non-Christian religion is evil (Now including Catholics!). Getting to the point, This is their argument. That because the bible specifically states otherwise towards evolution, it is automatically wrong. That argument is my personal favourite on my list of things that make no-sense. Read it if you want to fry your braincells. This argument is more creationism, but is sort of sane. I'll throw in another one too.

I have, however, found an argument that isn't justified by religion just to argue for the other side here. Here it is. Though, most of these things can still be proven by evidence for evolution.

you keep asking for proof about divinity, watch the history channel sometime
dead sea scrolls found, peices of th wall around jericho
What the fudge-sticks on toast does the History channel have to do with proof of divinity. Just because there are major coincidences that could be proof for divinity doesn't mean jack. Scientists still don't know why cockroaches always die lying on their backs. Does that mean a divine being decided cockroaches worthy of dying on their backs? I think that made a lot more sense in my head, but still maybe I'll clarify a little.

Since I'm not the world's best expect on what the fudge-balls you were talking about I decided to look on wikipedia (definitely not the world's best source, but hey!) for the scroll-thingys and the wall around Jericho.

Ah, first off, the Wall of Jericho. I'm just going to put it out there and say, I thought Jericho was a show. But maybe that's just me. Regardless, yes, the fall of Jericho Wall was in the bible. Yes, it happened. So what? The bible recorded it. The bible also recorded that a talking snake convinced a butt-naked women to eat an apple. Many things could of made it fall, including whatever it said in the bible. But how does that make proof of divinity?

The Dead Sea Scrolls can be seen in the same light as the bible. JUST BECAUSE IT WAS WRITTEN, DOESN'T MAKE IT TRUE. I'm sorry, but seriously? Just because it's uber old and biblical, does not make it true. Even if they were written by a significant amount of people, that still doesn't make it true. All those people could of been bat-crap crazy, which brings me to my next argument. Lovely.

and the fact that though many different ppl wrote parts of the bible, the stories all fit togethe
First of all, your spelling of 'people' really pissed me off. You're not on facespace or mybook anymore. You're on a debate section in a pokemon forum. People aren't going to take you seriously if you spell 'people' as if you are.

Yes, the stories fit together and many wrote and believed, but didn't people write and believe not to many centuries ago about how the world was round? The myths of ancient Greece and Rome were written *roughly* around the same time but most differ in only names and small details, especially about the Gods. Other religions fit together and many people believe, but you don't believe in them?

My arguments probably don't make that much sense, but hey, in my mind they do. I don't even know why I'm arguing with somebody who isn't going to listen nor why we are arguing the existence of divinity and evolution on a topic about evidence for Jesus's resurrection.

K1B2

Forecaster
I'm afraid that he's being serious. Trolls tend to either spell alright or overdo it.

He was probably home-schooled. Yo.

Ok, I`m offended by this as I`m homeschooled. What`s to say that he`s not only ten years old or something?

Charmander#4

Dating Rosie Palms?
Ok, I`m offended by this as I`m homeschooled. What`s to say that he`s not only ten years old or something?

I was referring to how ignorant he is of the world. In any normal school, he would at least have learned some of these things. I concluce that he is home-schooled since he seems to be so sheltered.

Trust me, I can definitely attest to the school system being utterly useless. If your parents are actually capable of teaching you, I believe home-schooling is better. His case, however, does not seem to be one of those.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Stigmata, and I guess the Shroud of Torah, even though that's arguable.

Jesus' grave was empty, now someone would say grave robbers. What was in there to steal? He died on the cross, which was a humiliating death. It's not like He had much to his name possesion-wise or anything.

but I guess we'll never know.

ChedWick

Jesus' grave was empty, now someone would say grave robbers. What was in there to steal? He died on the cross, which was a humiliating death. It's not like He had much to his name possesion-wise or anything.

For the lulz I suppose. But seriously, people are bastards, even back in that era. I would see it very possible that there were those who disliked Jesus and one upped spitting on his grave. That is to say if anything is true about the whole thing.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
For the lulz I suppose. But seriously, people are bastards, even back in that era. I would see it very possible that there were those who disliked Jesus and one upped spitting on his grave. That is to say if anything is true about the whole thing.

I could see that happening, but picking up the dead body of a revered man like Jesus and just walking away... That's pretty horrifying.

Also, I don't mean to go off topic again, but evolution doesn't contradict religion. That's probably been said before, however, even though I don't know much about evolution compared to most posters in this forum, I know that evolution has yet to be discredited. But then again, so does religion.

Faith is illuminative, not operative. It does not force obedience. People believe what they want to believe, and perhaps just believing in God makes Him exist. Religion provides peace of mind.

Charmander#4

Dating Rosie Palms?
I could see that happening, but picking up the dead body of a revered man like Jesus and just walking away... That's pretty horrifying.

It's happened before. Heck, I'm sure his body parts were worth a bit of money. He was quite famous, after all.

K1B2

Forecaster
I was referring to how ignorant he is of the world. In any normal school, he would at least have learned some of these things. I concluce that he is home-schooled since he seems to be so sheltered.

Trust me, I can definitely attest to the school system being utterly useless. If your parents are actually capable of teaching you, I believe home-schooling is better. His case, however, does not seem to be one of those.

Alright, I can accept that. I do agree that homeschooling is more sheltered, and a lot of religous beliefs are passed on from your parents, but that doesn`t have to mean that we`re all ignorant of the rest of the world.

Honestly though, this kid sounds like my little brother in his writing style and arguments, further more we`re debating this on a pokemon website. He could very-well be young, and if he is, part of me is glad that he is already so rooted in his faith, even if he sounds like an idiot trying to prove that it`s real. :p

foodmetaphors

I think you mean the Shroud of Turin which is now known to be a forgery made sometime around the 13th Century.

Charmander#4

Dating Rosie Palms?
yes, charizard, imignorant because, i spoke a against your beleifs in evolution
read back you attacked ME not the other way around
now, lets punch a few more holes in that theory shall we?
where to begin...

Good question. Where would you begin? You haven't come up with any solid arguments so far.

7 tyranitars

yes, charizard, imignorant because, i spoke a against your beleifs in evolution
read back you attacked ME not the other way around
now, lets punch a few more holes in that theory shall we?
where to begin...

sure begin I've been waiting for it atleast a day..

also imignorant isn't a word, it is against not a against, believes* not beliefs also talking in CAPS DOESN'T MAKE YOU SUPER AWESOME!!!!

legendarypokemonmaster

WHAT HOLES!?!?!? You have not provided any evidence or logical reasonig for the last 4+ pages! I'm sorry, but I just can't take this anymore.

Do not say religion disproves it, because that is in no way true, as they do not conflict with each other, at all.

Charmander#4

Dating Rosie Palms?
Show us your sources. Don't ask us to Google it, just show them. Please.

legendarypokemonmaster

Prove it. Now.