• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is there something I should be aware of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurelai

On occasion, I am hit up by a random person wanting to trade. This is fine with me, I do a lot of pokemon breeding, so frequently have a team full of level 1 pokes that have nice egg abilities and good natures. I'm happy to share the wealth!

However, every now and a gain, I trip over someone who offers, cancels, changes pokes, offers again, cancels, changes pokes, offers AGAIN, cancels etc.

Is this just trolling or something more sinister that requires me to be linked to them for a certain amount of time? After the 3rd cancel, I have just quit the trade with some irritation because my time is being wasted.

So- trolling or more?

Artnerd

Insane Artist
Trolling, showing off their pretties and they may be seeking other things. Maybe lv 1 pokemon seem like a bad trade to them. I often try to give away 5V lv 1 pokemon, but they never want them, since you can't see they're 5V or have rare abilities/ egg moves in the trade screen. I miss the smilies you could use in the GTS on B/W/B2/W2.

1Zekrom

#1 fan & collector
Yeah I'll do this sometimes when i'm trying to get a certain Pokemon. If I offer a good poke and they offer a Pokemon that's not of par I switch my poke in and out to let them know to keep giving me other offers.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
They get on my nerves too!

They just Troll, and then if you don't offer them a Shiny Legendary, they just turn off!

MDS777

The name's Riley
They could be trolling and/or showing off their Pokemon, but I imagine they simply don't want the Pokemon you're offering, so they cancel the trade, and offer again. Like Artnerd said, I miss the smilies that were in generation 5 and don't know why Game Freak decided to remove those...maybe as they were a bit of an annoyance for some? Who knows...

fitzy909

Just another guy
They get on my nerves too!

They just Troll, and then if you don't offer them a Shiny Legendary, they just turn off!

yeah they expect ridiculously good/rare pokemon for pokemon that aren't all too uncommon. It really annoys me.

fuuma

They are probably using that instachecker to see the ivs and shiny value of eggs.

Zephraxe

It might not be trolling, but sometimes it is. Just last night, I got a trade request and I accepted. We actually traded about 15 to 20 Pokemon, I think. I offered some Pokemon that were common and the other person would take back the Pokemon to show that they weren't interested. I realized that they wanted Pokemon that they had not yet gotten on their Pokedex. They were dex trading, if you take my meaning. I actually ended up trading them my Articuno... I don't know why, I just did. I got a Rufflet in return. I actually have the three birds in W2, so I am just going to transfer them when the time comes.

leafgreen5050

grass type Prince
I don't have X or Y, but to be honest I think they are just trying to annoy you or just being way to picky and don't really deserve to trade with you. A regular person would just trade :)

PanikY

It could be anything really, without a proper way to communicate no one can really tell.
Like a previous poster already said "I imagine they simply don't want the Pokemon you're offering, so they cancel the trade" and they are hoping that through their actions you'll understand that.
Also remember a random trader may just not be as experienced as you are, perhaps they just bought the game and trying out trading for the first time.
Maybe they are afraid that you are ripping them off with Your offers?

I once thought of naming a few pokemon with common phrases for situations like these XD
If they offer something I don't like I'd show them a pokemon with the name "No thanks" or "Already have that"

Anyway I believe they are not trying to be trolls for one reason: Trolls want to be fed and this doesn't really feed them

Au Au

A lil bit ditzy
Of all the Passerby trades I had, most of them show first legends (Zygarde and Mewtwo on some occassions). There was even someone offering a Charizard holding a Mewtwonite X! But when I showed them a 3IV Axew with good nature that I got off from Wonder Trade, they proceed to cancel and show me a lvl 3 Bunnelby that was obviously caught somewhere in Route 2 or somewhere. Guess it's better to trade with Friends for that matter.

Artnerd

Insane Artist
I considered naming the 5IV pokemon I have '5IV' or 'SuperStrong', but honestly, I wouldn't want to train a pokémon with such a lame name. XD;
I also actually miss Pokémails!

Status
Not open for further replies.