• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is this a good battle tower team?

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
I was thinking of taking on the battle tower in Emerald/Ruby or Sapphire, and I was wondering what you guys think of my prospective team.

Zapdos
Timid nature
96 HP; 96 Def; 152 Spd; 164 SAtk
Thunderbolt
Substitute
Agility
Baton pass

Aerodactyl
Adamant nature
252 att; 144 hp; 112 speed
Rock-slide
Double-edge
Earthquake
Aerial ace

Milotic
Bold nature
212 def; 252 HP; 44 SAtk
Surf
Ice beam
Rest
Sleep talk

or Starmie instead of Milotic

Starmie
Timid nature
252 sp att; 176 def; 80 spe
Psychic/Recover
Surf
Ice beam
Thunderbolt

Is this any good? Zapdos IS allowed in to the battle tower, isn't it? I couldn't remember.

Any ideas what items I should give them; maybe a choice band for Aerodactyl, and leftovers for Milotic?

M3T4GR055

.%.PwNaGe.%.
I´d suggest a RegIce.

Regice (Calm Nature) + Sp.Def -Atk

@Lefties or Chesto

-Tbolt
-Twave
-IceBeam
-Rest

minimoose10

Im pretty sure Zapdos is allowed, and i'd say you have a good team moveset wise, and i'd say go with milotic if you want more stay power and go with starmie if you want to dominate people....i'd say go with starmie

Timmy73

Zapdos should get "PINCH" Berry. It's a Baton Passer isn't it? And since you will expect to use Substitute, your HP will also drop so that the Berry activates (So you can Baton Pass Sub + Agility + PINCH). You might want to give it Liechi to pass to Aero or Apicot to pass to Milotic.

Certainly Aero should get Choice Band

And Milotic with Leftovers.

Milotic > Starmie in this team because you need a wall.

Dar1818

BF CHAMP!!
Ur team is not electric friendly, and t bolts are common. You might want to replace aerodactyl. Flygon would be a good alternative.

Flygon w/choice band
Adamant nature
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Fire Blast/Flamethrower
Aerial Ace
ev's 252 atk/252 spd/4 SAtk

Zapdos is allowed to go to the tower, but keep in mind that it's type combination sucks, and you might have some problems with it.

Ev's for zapdos stink. 252 SAtk/168 spd/88 hp

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Regice works better than Milotic in this case since you do want some form of special resistance. Aerodactyl's EVs are just the same old configuration of 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 hp.

And for the record, Zapdos does NOT suck. Its secondary flying type negates its ground type weakness, and is one of the better special sweepers out there.