• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is this game worth getting?

Is this game and colleseum 2 (techniccaly 3) worth getting? And will it work on the wii?

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
Is this game and colleseum 2 (techniccaly 3) worth getting? And will it work on the wii?

Like diamondpearl876 said, both collesseum and XD will work on the wii as long as you have the correct version. All you need is a gamecube controller, gamecube memory card, and of course the games themselves. If you want to eventually trade from Collesseum and XD to your GBA games or even battle, make sure to have a link cable. Keep in mind that on Colosseum you can only trade/battle from Ruby and Sapphire, and the pokemon you can recieve via trading is limited because there are no wild pokemon. However, Collossuem's sequel, Pokemon XD, does have a small amount of wild pokemon available, so trading is easy, and you can now trade and battle from Firered to Emerald. For both games you must beat the main storyline before you can trade. Battling is just fine.

Story line wise, both Collosseum and XD are awesome games to get if you're tired of the standard collecting of gym badges on the handhelds. I don't want to spoil all the details of the games, but they are challenging and take longer to complete than the handhelds. Also, both games show a darker side of pokemon as whole.

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
Aura Of Twilight said:
Keep in mind that on Colosseum you can only trade/battle from Ruby and Sapphire, and the pokemon you can recieve via trading is limited because there are no wild pokemon.

I actually have Pokemon Colosseum, and I can say that the first half of this statement is false. You CAN trade/battle with FireRed and LeafGreen, but you need to have found the Ruby and Sapphire in order to be able to trade/battle between the two games.

The second half of the statement is somewhat true. While the Pokedex is limited, I have traded Pokemon exclusive to FR/LG to and from Pokemon Colosseum with no problem.

Either way, both Colosseum and XD are good games (especially because of Miror B. I love his hairdo and themes in both games).

Maetch

The first thing to know is that both games aren't full Pokemon games, so you're not going to get nearly as much gameplay out of them as you would from the main games. The limit on what Pokemon can be obtained means that you can't pick and choose your team freely. Rather, you have to work with what the game gives you. Also, almost every in-game fight is going to be a Double Battle, so expect greater focus on tag-team strategies.

Second, both games are more of traditional story-focused RPGs as opposed to the "endless quest" style of the main games. There are a few side-quests, mostly in the post-game after clearing the main storyline, but you pretty much follow the plot from beginning to end with minimal deviation. As far as the storyline itself goes, it's more involved than the usual "Eight Gyms-Evil Team-Elite Four" format, but it's got its fair share of cliches and uninspired moments that drag it down at times. I personally favor the plot of Colosseum for feeling more like a noir story, one where you're not sure who's going to appear or what's going to happen. With XD, the plot is more straightforward and most of the major twists are explained within the first hour or two of play.

Finally, there are the Shadow Pokemon. You obtain them by literally stealing them from enemy Trainers when they appear (you can't steal any normal Pokemon, so don't bother trying), then you have to work on purifying them to turn them back to normal. This must be done if you want any Pokemon that can level up, evolve, and be traded. In Colosseum, this is a tedious process, but XD offers some quicker alternatives. The Shadow attacks they can use may sound good on paper, being able to hit any type, but they get more and more useless as the game goes on, so purification is a must if you want to keep up with the level curve.

All in all, they're not for everybody, mainly due to the lack of available Pokemon and the somewhat-iffy plot. Still, both games are a decent way to blow 20 or so hours on a Pokemon quest that doesn't require much thought.

PokemonTrainerKaden

They're definitely worth getting and unlike what previous posters have said you CAN trade with Emerald on both games. I just did it last week.

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
Yes they are worth getting.
And they will work on your Wii as long as your Wii plays Gamecube games (the newer Wii models don't), but you'll need a controller and memory card.

Shadow Jirachi

Although I've never played XD, Colosseum is certainly quirky and original. The player character Wes is badass and I actually wish he wasn't a Heroic Mime so he could talk and have more of a personality outside of the little established and fanon.
The story is original, darker and edgier than Pokémon's norm, and pretty fun to play, so I do recommend it.

Chronicler

Spriter at Soul
The game is definitely worth getting since it brings a bigger focus to plot than a lot of the normal Pokemon games do, which is what a lot of people prefer in video games.

A lot of people in the past got the games because they provided legitamate ways to get a bunch of Johto Pokemon, including Ho-oh and Lugia, but that's not much of a factor now. The games are still great in any case, however, and Johto Pokemon are always fun to use! ^_^

Seth pkmn

The game is definitely worth getting since it brings a bigger focus to plot than a lot of the normal Pokemon games do, which is what a lot of people prefer in video games.

A lot of people in the past got the games because they provided legitamate ways to get a bunch of Johto Pokemon, including Ho-oh and Lugia, but that's not much of a factor now. The games are still great in any case, however, and Johto Pokemon are always fun to use! ^_^

yea.....thats why I bought it. But NOOO you have to beat the game first....
*sigh*

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Well its getting them worth it? Yes! I enjoy playing Pokemon XD a lot because it has a great plot and the Pokemon sometimes have I believe Exclusive moves to them. I like it and I think you should really get ^_^

my brother got Colosseum for the pre-order Bonus Disc, and I got XD later because I liked the animation and graphics. I later fell in love with the storylines, they are really fantastic, and nothing you've ever seen before. IMO, I'd get them for the story lines, and if you have a 3rd Gen game, thats even better because you can transfer a lugia to it! :D

StarlightPegasus

Live out Loud
YES. They are really fun and have an interesting storyline. :D

Mudkipzroks

I like being nice!
Yes you should they have very interesting story lines and have alot of things you can do with the fun of snatching other pokmeon trainers pokemon so yes i would recommend both of them but get colliseum first than xd trust me with that

Mitzi

L'Etat c'est moi
Sorry, I'm a tad late.
Both games are definitely worth. Regardless of not taking the full concept of your typical Pokemon game, they do a great job. I thought that Gale of Darkness did a fairly better job than Colosseum, but that's just my opinion. I can almost guarantee you'll enjoy your experience while playing both games. They both revolve around the same concept, but Gale of Darkness has more depth than Colosseum. Both games have a multiplayer option, which is very enjoyable. They will function by using your Wii console, no worries, and I highly recommend you get both games, but start with Colosseum.

shinymankey

Crobat Master
I would get them, they are great games. I've beaten XD like 6 times. I've never managed to beat Colleseum though. It's very hard, but really fun.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
They're worth it. I had hours of fun on Coloseum.
It'll work on the Wii

I strongly suggest getting them, especially Colosseum! They are pretty different, but once you get used to the differences, these games can be a ton of fun. I myself have logged in over 100 hours on my Colosseum. XD is very fun too as well. If you can find them cheaply, I'm sure you wouldn't regret getting them.