• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is this generation your favorite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misdreavus

used Perish Song!
To this day, G/S/C is without a doubt my favorite generation (with my 2nd favorite being R/S/E). Just a few weeks ago, I ran across a printout from pokemon.com back in the R/B/Y days that detailed the new features of G/S/C and remembered how excited I was for the new games. The G/S/C era was also when I first got involved in the online Pokémon communities and eventually started to get involved in competitive battling. I'd really love to play through them again sometime. If they do remake them, I'd be ecstatic, but would really hope they were done differently than FR/LG's take on R/B (a bit of a disappointment in my opinion).

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
RSE would have been my favourite the sprites weren't so damn ugly. GSC's sprites are classical, and had such great poses, even with new Pokemon *I always find when a new region is brought out, the new Pokemon have such boring poses*. I enjoyed the addition of the shiny Pokemon, because it just gave awesome variation to your teams, if you had the patience to breed for more.

I loved the music, and I'm so disappointed that the beta GSC remade music for RSE weren't ever used, not even on Leaf Green *they actually HAD a legendary beast battle theme, and they never used it!!* I enjoyed the simple yet cute graphics, and even now I love to create maps with the GSC tiles.

I loved the storyline, and the game isn't as difficult as newer games, because EVs and all that crap weren't a big deal, because they didn't have them. You could choose your team without having to worry so much about what natures they had to have, and how to train them right, etc. It was FUN.

Put simply; Crystal especially, was, and still is to this day, my favourite Pokemon game to play.

First comes 2nd Gen. Then 4th. Then 1st. Then 3rd.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
it's okay but the thirth gen remains my favorite, it had better pokemon plus the technical stuff was improved.

Protoman EXE

Aegis Shield Up!!!
I would say it is hands down this is my favorite!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Dannytoge

信じる!
By far, gold/silver.crystal were my favorite generation.
I've just started replaying crystal a week ago, i didnt think i'd be able to get back into it but i have, i'm already in kanto ^^
In order (Least favorite = 4, fave = 1) :~

4- Hoenn (Rby/Sphire/Emrld)
3- Kanto (Rd/bl/yl)
2- Sinnoh (D/P/Pt)
1- Johto (Gld/Silver/Cryst)

moleman

Quite unfortunate for the 3rd and 4th gen, because quite frankly, they sucked. I only consider the original 25(1) pokemon. The rest are just Nintendo's attempts to make a quick buck on a classic game. Let's face it, Gold and Silver still are popular today for most people. Personally I was devestated when my gold save file with 500+ hours was corrupted. But I replaced the battery and am kicking butt again. I love this game and will continue to play it. NOTE: I have played ALL pokemon handheld games, for those of you saying HOW DARE HE SAYS DIAMOND AND PEARL SUCKED. Just tacky sidequests... Although I will probably buy Platinum, Gold and Silver will remain a memory in many a Pokemon fans' mind. THE BEST OF THE BEST.

Solid

2nd Gen is definetly my favourite. It's just so amazing generation. I actually started Silver again. This is my first time with Totodile. So freaking awesome.

Drako

Darkness Eternal
I started out playing r/b/y and I loved those games. However, when gold, silver and crystal came out, they were like cocaine for kids. I remember being obsessed with the games, and it wasn't just me, it was everyone that I knew. It took me like three months after g/s/c came out to get my own copy, but boy wasn't I in heaven. Those were the days. I stayed home from school once, just to play my gold and later crystal. Jesus, i must've beaten them like 500 times. >.> They were awesome, the events, days of the week, evee's two other awesome evolutions and scizor had captured my heart.

Yeah, G/s/c is my fav gen. Honen just let me down with it's mediocrity. Dp however is awesome!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Favourite by far, they have the most replay value for me. If Gamefreak could replicate that with all the Pokemon games, I would be very happy indeed. They just haven't been able to.

I played G/S/C before all the other ones, that might have something to do with it, it will always have a special place in my heart.

InfamousMrJ

Serebii'sGhostbuster
By far. It gaves us all the great things that make up the later gens.
Breeding, Night/Day, new moves, new pokes, new places, animations, new items, and much more. It set in motion what Pokemon is today. I know the later games improved upon all that, but it was the first. To be honest, it has the best replay value, too. I still play this gen more than any other.

Sapphiredragon929

A r t i f i c e.
It was fun, it's tied with the third gen. for me. The Fourth was not as good, and the first had so many glitches my first pokemon turned into a lamp.

.TraX.

Bad and Nationwide
Second and First are my favorites, Third and Fourth are awful to play competitively.

Janovy

Banned
Yes definitely, 2nd generation is my favorite. First appearance of shiny Pokemon, day and night..........I still enjoy playing it!!!!!!!

Not really, sure Espeon is a johto pokemon, but it has to be the third because it's only one of my games that haven't glitched up.

Status
Not open for further replies.