• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is this generation your favorite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charmanderz

yeah. out of all the games this is my favorite. i just hope when they remake it they don't ruin it for me..i'm looking forward to being able to play it on my DS instead of my old gameboy advance. haha.

Tyranitar96

Yeah, I think this was the last series until the new pokemon became to weird and started to look like doodles. Well actually Hoenn wasn't THAT bad but, it had some weird looking ones. D/P/Pt look REEAAALLYY weird but, still cool I guess.

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
G/S/C was the greatest generation of all time. Sure, Hoenn wasn't bad, but Kanto was so... boring. And the Shinoh Pokemon didn't even look like Pokemon.

Zalman

Master of Puppets
No. Basically, GSC is overrated. The only reason why people like it so much is because it is the most nostalgic genertion. :/ I agree that they are very good games, with 16 badges and all, but by far not the best.

My favorite generation is the 4th, but I also enjoy the 1st. Why? ... Because it's the first. Nostalgia. But it's not the best.

Just my opinion. ^^

Zetta Awesome

This is probably my 3rd favorite generation. I liked each generation slightly better because I guess with the games I grew as a trainer and got more into the games. Out of the regions its probably last
Hoenn=>Johto+Kanto>Kanto>Sinnoh>Johto

And just because it's second to last on my list of gens it doesn't mean I didn't like it, it's like ranking your favorite pokemon or foods or whatever, there are some that you enjoy more than others.

I agree that nostalgia has a lot to do with people's favorites. If I let it overcome me GSC might be first as it was when I was first really introduced to the games.

charigod

charizard tamer
this is without a doubt my favorite gen

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
2nd gen is always my favorite generation.
It is the first generation which starts out these features:
Pokemon gender, breeding, visible day and night, clock... (the list is going on).

the soul of silver

The Hero of Johto
definitely!

I grew up playing this generation! for me it holds nothing but great memories of my childhood! its the main reason i was so overjoyed when they announced HeartGold and SoulSilver! this generation introduced many features of pokemon that are still a huge part of the franchise today! breeding, shiny pokemon, pokemon genders, and choosing a female player character, just to name a few. this generation was the true successor to the first generation of games.

I think the 4th gen gamplay is better because of the sheer range of options and battles and the fact you can actually catch them all lol.

BUT

The second gen is by far my absolute favourite and if you think about it some of the second gen pokemon tie in with the first gen Ho-oh being a prime example aswell as togepi, marill and snubbull but obviously they could not be fitted into the 1st gen games. As much as the first gen pokemon will always have a special nostalgic place in my heart (esp the first hand drawn and shaded pictured of the starters and their evolutions) the 2nd gen i feel is my favourite because it had the different ways of catching pokemon eg the headbutting and it had the two new types which made it more interesting. The better pokemon sprites definatley excited me as i remember getting terrified of exeggutor's original sprite and it was more colourful. And of course the wonderful nostalgia at the time (being 12 years old and first playing R/B when i was between 8 and 10 (not sure on that, i was young and carefree)) of being able to back to kanto and then fighting Red at the end yeah!! That if you think about it was like fighting your old self from yellow or something as you were that character!!
Then there was the thing that made me really want the games which was the first illustration i saw of Lugia in a magazine waaaaayyyyy before the games were due for release, i didn't kow those were wings untill i got told it was a bird.
And i guess this really is an aesthetic thing with me but in my guide i noticed that the 1st gen pokemon were done in their anime esque style with block cartoon colouration but the 2nd gen because it was new was done in the beautiful hand drawn pencil/watercolour shaded style which has only recently started to be removed from stock immages all over the place due to the new games imminent release.

And the most understandable reason is that the majority of my faves are in the second gen and there aren't any that i really dislike in it either! Not something i share with 3rd gen with it's spindas and volbeats... <_<

I know this is a long post but hey i like to talk about pokemon.

Last edited:

Elrade

Snarky snark snark.
Eh, no. While it did give us some awesome Starters, Legendaries, new evos, Steel Types, Dark Types, Qwilfish (poor, neglected Qwilfish) and Heracross, most of the one hundred Pokémon weren't that good. Like Hoppip for example. Or Smeargle. Or Wooper. Or... The list goes on and on. I think the First, Third and Fourth Gen's new Pokémon were better, even though the Fourth Gen is the second worst because it introduced too many unnecessary evos like Magmortar and Rhyperior, although some, like Weavile, Electivire, Gallade and Togekiss are pretty good. And, Johto was pretty linear so that a shrunken down Kanto could fit, along with horrendously weak Gym Leaders/E4... Yeah, I'm looking forward to HeartGold/SoulSilver so they can get it right this time.

Red Globe

Si Vis Amor, ama
2nd gen. Nostalgia mostly, as stated in above posts. XD

TheFarmboy

It's one of my favorites, I likes it that you get to go to another Region once you beaten the Champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.