• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is this Leaf Green game real? Either it's real, or the best fake I have ever seen..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSBroich

Okay I know this question has been asked a million times, but I felt it was necessary to ask again because I've never heard of anyone else with a cart of this exact description. Google wasn't helpful with this, so hopefully this thread will help anyone else with this!

I have a Pokemon Leaf Green game that looks completely real, except for one small little detail: There are no imprinted numbers on the label on the right side above the Nintendo Seal stamp. Everything else looks legit, and works fine. I've taken pictures of the front and back of the cart, as well as the board itself (I'm new, so the pictures are in my signature). Any information would be great!

Also, there are NO messages upon booting the game in my DS Lite. Starts up fine with no messages regarding save files or batteries.

I'm a new member, so the three pictures are in my signature. Sorry for the inconvenience!

IMG_0174_zps068bb7a6.jpg

IMG_0176_zpsacfa1ec5.jpg

IMG_0175_zps0d4082ea.jpg

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Sorry.. There is NOTHING in your signature. I was required by the rules to remove it! Every image was too big. However the reason why you can't post images in posts is because you're a brand new user, Make good posts until you get the Brock user bar. I'd have actually allowed the post with images in after I had checked it. I've put the images in your post.

It looks Genuine to me.

By booting it in your Lite, I assume you had a 4th gen game in the DS slot? If started up in a DS with a 4th gen game in the top slot, a fake will usually delete it's save file because of it trying to connect with the GBA game in case you want to transfer pokemon over, and bootlegged copies can't do that.

RegalCharmander

Lv 100 Charmander
Seems fake,if you bought it off the internet,it's almost NEVER 100% legit.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Sorry man, but that cart is 100% FAKE.

Seems fake,if you bought it off the internet,it's almost NEVER 100% legit.

Ok, Why do you think that? Was there something I missed?

I think it's genuine based on the Photo links in the spoiler. The Nintendo text on the Board and the chips are in the right places and right type. The plastic part of the Cart itself has the correct Text on the back. The "diviot" from making the Injection process is correctly placed. I believe the Label looks as Genuine as I don't own a USA Version of Leaf Green.

I may shut this thread soon, the Thread creator hasn't been on since he posted this thread.

intoadaze

I Am The Master
Looks real to me.

hawkmbl

Curious
Seems like the legit version. But put Diamond, pearl or any other Gen 4 game on the top slot of the DS lite to make sure.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Seems like almost everyone is just saying the same thing over and over again, so I'll go ahead and close this. Hope you found the answer you were looking for!

Status
Not open for further replies.