• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is this normal?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
What game are you playing? This is in the wrong section and I can move it to the correct one.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Why is that something you're afraid of? I've gotten a legendary before at full health in an Ultra Ball in the past. It's not impossible, just not likely to get it in even a normal pokeball on the first try.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Why is that something you're afraid of? I've gotten a legendary before at full health in an Ultra Ball in the past. It's not impossible, just not likely to get it in even a normal pokeball on the first try.

Exactly. I got an Entei in a Pokeball in Silver version. I just did it for a laugh. Didn't expect it to stay in the ball.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I remember catching Raikou at full health in Crystal in just one Fast Ball (which is as good for catching Raikou in that generation as a regular Poke Ball due to a glitch).

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I don't think such a thread is needed, but for reference, I crunched the numbers in and the probabily of catching a Zapdos in the aforementioned conditions are over 1 out of 125. To take a similarly lucky instance, I caught a shiny Registeel in Alpha Sapphire in roughly 30 resets. Setting a binomial stat calculator to 40 resets, the probabilty of this occuring is 1 out of 100. Though that is not quite as low, the point is that sometimes, you get lucky.

Missingno.Fan

I caught a Necrozma in a Beast Ball on my first play through of Moon. I thought that’s what you were supposed to do but I later found out it wasn’t.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It's something rare, but it's not out of the ordinary.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I caught a Necrozma in a Beast Ball on my first play through of Moon. I thought that’s what you were supposed to do but I later found out it wasn’t.
I think Necrozma has a above average capture rate as a form of accomplishment for defeating the game.