• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is this season boring or what?

BlueDragonfangirl

I remember Kanto being more exciting than this sheesh.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Yes

Kabuto

little punks!
Such a disappointment. This was such an opportunity to show off Ash's old Pokemon and go on really unique adventures. But so far, this is nothing but generic filler.

Only the Squirtle episode that just aired tickles that nostalgia bone. But it's not enough.

Why not have Quilava evolve into Hisuian Typhlosion? Bring back Butterfree and Pidgeot? Primeape return and evolve into Annihilape? Yes, there's theoretically still time for this, but the episode count is waning.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Yes, boring and repetitive.

They are going for the Ash befriends pokemon so that makes him a master narrative, the thing is, it gets old even before the first episode because it’s been done so many times in the past. Nothing new.

They are just randomly throwing reserves and nostalgia bait with soundtracks and the OS companions, but that doesn’t make up for a proper conclusion that should’ve tied loose ends.

DatsRight

I feel like it's okay as this "buzz" of Ash while a new series without him is on, but people had bigger expectations for what a full on finale of the "classic" series and universe would be. This is more just "the adventure goes on".

As I mentioned in another thread, this would likely be more palpable as an ongoing thing. Like, maybe not a full series, but every year or so we got another small helping of these OS styled episodes in between the normal series as a nice little treat for retro fans. Fans get a fresh new direction while also a full callback to the original that doesn't overstay its welcome.

RafaSceptile

Boring is an understatement
I don’t even bother watching the episodes since it feels so pointless and generic
You should have been missing like half of all Pokemon episodes since OS then.

As for OP, the series is basically as boring as any other series in terms of filler, it just has bigger missed potential

Master Pikachu 11

Yes, boring and repetitive.

They are going for the Ash befriends pokemon so that makes him a master narrative, the thing is, it gets old even before the first episode because it’s been done so many times in the past. Nothing new.

They are just randomly throwing reserves and nostalgia bait with soundtracks and the OS companions, but that doesn’t make up for a proper conclusion that should’ve tied loose ends.
Plus he doesn’t use all his reserves like we thought that he would before this series aired, we get one episode where he doesn’t use reserves at all. I think that this series could have been better instead of the filler that we are getting. Another Pikachu is separated from Ash episode and he doesn’t have Lycanroc show up to help with the search or even Noctowl or Staraptor as none of them are in the preview. Not doing those simple things is why I always question the writers line of thinking.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
The episodes are not boring, but they’re in the wrong place at the wrong time. These light-hearted comfy episodes should have been integrated into Journeys. Imagine if Ash rotated his reserves and former companions during the actual series.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It's been disappointing. A lot of the episodes so far have almost seemed as if they were rejected episode concepts from previous sagas that were simply polished and rewritten slightly. I liked the Udeppou [Clauncher] episode well enough, but none of the others have been quite as good as that one was.

Guy100

I find this season so far to be surprising underwhelming, with the staff only baiting fans attention to watch more episodes due to Latias.

If the purpose of this mini-series was going to focus on being a fun-filled adventure then it could have circled back on previous scrapped plots or introduced episodic stories that were a homage to some of the video game sub plots.

Episodes I can think of they could have done are the following:

1) Revisiting Bill's Lighthouse and seeing the Giant Dragonite
2) Meeting Kurt and getting closure to the Mystery of the G.S ball
3) Visit to the Isle of Armor Episode where we reunite with Ash's Primeape Getting Special Training and Meeting Master Mustard and Kubfu
4) Safari Zone Episode
5) Hisuian Time Travel Episode
6) Mirage Island or Southern Island Episode - Introduction of Latias
7) A Very Slapstick Episode, introducing Missingo
8) Mt. Silver Episode
9) Mewtwo Battle Episode
10) Ho-Oh and Tin Tower Episode
11) Open-ended Conclusion Episode to Wrap up Ash's Goal

Would have loved if any of these could have been done.

Espeonite

I actually liked the 1st episode that was AU ash with the ghost kid, I wouldn't have minded if they followed that Ash's journey instead.