• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is TV really as bad as people say they are?

• Thread starter Deleted member 318910
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 318910

Okay, i been on youtube a lot, and iv'e noticed a considerable amount of hate on Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, etc. But, a lot of the stuff they focus on only applies to the bad stuff. (Like Live action on CN for ex.)
Here's a list of "good time, no alcohol required" shows that come on. (IMO)

Doctor Who
Pokemon(IMO, IMO)
Adventure Time
Regular Show
Green Lantern: The Animated Series
Young Justice
The new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (depends on if you like flash animation and magical stuff. .__.)

Jb

Tsun in the streets

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
I don't care for TV no more not even Pokemon anymore. They kinda just ruined the Pokemon anime as a whole when they got rid of Brock and Misty and went downhill for the worst. If you pay for cable you get a lot of paid programming channels and about 20 regular channels. Most programs are ruining they're reputation imo. I don't watch TV at all really because of it. All you see is bs reality TV, dumb stuff on the History channel that relates to nothing about History and other Programs that added more reality TV after MTV. I have lost all mutual respect for the television program industries. Same with music industries.

kochoupink

butts lol
Is subject-verb agreement really important as they says it are?

D

Deleted member 318910

Fantastic thread, by the way.

You're quite welcome.

I don't care for TV no more not even Pokemon anymore. They kinda just ruined the Pokemon anime as a whole when they got rid of Brock and Misty and went downhill for the worst. If you pay for cable you get a lot of paid programming channels and about 20 regular channels. Most programs are ruining they're reputation imo. I don't watch TV at all really because of it. All you see is bs reality TV, dumb stuff on the History channel that relates to nothing about History and other Programs that added more reality TV after MTV. I have lost all mutual respect for the television program industries. Same with music industries.

I pretty much agree, expect for the part about Pokemon. I know it's your opinion, but it really didn't go downhill until season 10.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Anyone who still complains about either CN, Nickelodeon, or Disney, has shown that they have yet to grow up.
It's no longer 2008 people.

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
I pretty much agree, expect for the part about Pokemon. I know it's your opinion, but it really didn't go downhill until season 10.

Which one is season 10? I think it started going downhill after the Advanced or whatever it's called I'm not too familiar with the seasons. But the first seasons were really good like Kanto, Orange Islands, and Johto, some Hoenn was ok but not as good as the other 3. After that it started getting like, "Uh, ya I'm not gonna watch it anymore."

Anyone who still complains about either CN, Nickelodeon, or Disney, has shown that they have yet to grow up.

It's pretty much the same crap as it was in 2008 dressed up in a different 2012 package with just a few goodies here and there. Cartoons these days do not cater to the adults forced to watch them because of their kids. The only ones that try anymore are Regular Show, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and Adventure Time. Back in the 90s there were loads of shows that catered to the adult audience. To name a few: Looney Tunes, Powerpuff Girls, Animaniacs, Dragonball Z, Johnny Bravo, Tom & Jerry... The list goes on, really. Cartoons nowadays are an insult to peoples' intelligence.

TV in general has been in decline ever since shows like Survivor and Big Brother came on. (Not saying Survivor is terrible, just bear with me) Network programming has been reduced to reality TV shows and crime shows since then.

Mister_SGG

I'm sorry but the fact that there is My Little Pony in your signature makes your television opinions mean zero to me.

Disney, for one, used to have all kinds of good cartoons that were great, like Kim Possible and Recess, now it's all sh*tty sitcoms that are boring as hell and not funny whatsoever.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I'm sorry but the fact that there is My Little Pony in your signature makes your television opinions mean zero to me.

Disney, for one, used to have all kinds of good cartoons that were great, like Kim Possible and Recess, now it's all sh*tty sitcoms that are boring as hell and not funny whatsoever.
They're aren't funny because you're not the demographic audience, that and this is a completely different generation.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
But TV has adjusted to today's Generation.

And today's generation sucks.

I rarely watch TV anymore mainly because there is nothing on I want to watch, good and bad, and I just don't like a lot of the shows anyway. I just hate how the standards have gotten rather low and crude. I foresee a day where regular television will be trash, and thus I won't have the television anymore outside of watching movies or playing video games. And even then, online streaming has gotten popular to the point TV ratings have been dropping steadily. The Internet will replace the TV if that keeps up.

Yeah, my reasons are "lame", but I have been distancing myself from the television since high school if only because, again, shows suck these days. I'm sure it'd be better to be a couch potato than sitting at my desk surfing the web aimlessly all day (since my parents would be seeing me constantly), but I don't know, and I don't care at this point.

Thanks for reminding me about sitcoms. I forgot to go after them too. Sitcoms these days are generally trying to force-feed Hollywood's morals on the rest of the world. Rarely will something be funny.

White_Roar~

Mother Monster
And today's generation sucks.

I rarely watch TV anymore mainly because there is nothing on I want to watch, good and bad, and I just don't like a lot of the shows anyway. I just hate how the standards have gotten rather low and crude. I foresee a day where regular television will be trash, and thus I won't have the television anymore outside of watching movies or playing video games. And even then, online streaming has gotten popular to the point TV ratings have been dropping steadily. The Internet will replace the TV if that keeps up.

Yeah, my reasons are "lame", but I have been distancing myself from the television since high school if only because, again, shows suck these days. I'm sure it'd be better to be a couch potato than sitting at my desk surfing the web aimlessly all day (since my parents would be seeing me constantly), but I don't know, and I don't care at this point.

I do TOTALLY agree with this! :D

TV now just doesn't have that kind of "feeling" anymore...