• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is volkner e4 level

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
He is literally best friends with one. Why wouldn't he be.

Pokemonfan5

Probably close to but not same level, Volkner was same level with flint before Flint started his journey, Flint get stronger, beat Sinnoh league and become E4 while Volkner stay at sunnyshore city, we haven't seen his partner Raichu in battle as well.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
For volkner's return, i am questioning how strong he is i think he is around the e4 level i am not 100% sure if he is
Volkner was said to be bored of Gym Battles because apparently it was too easy and predictable for him, and he was planning to face the Elite Four before you the player gave him a battle he would never forget.

At least that's in the game.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
If he’s anything like his game counterpart (as the anime has only added to his & Flint’s backstory), then yes he is. In the games, he says that he declined his invitation to the Sinnoh League because he couldn’t renovate the building like he could his Gym and Sunnyshore as a whole

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't think Denzi was as powerful as a member of the Four Heavenly Kings when Satoshi faced him, although it's hard to know for sure given that Denzi's Raichu wasn't used during the rematch at the Nagisa Gym, and since it was Denzi's first Pokemon it was probably his most powerful. Denzi's Thunders, Elekible, and Rentorar put up a good fight, but I didn't get the impression that the anime's version of Denzi was as strong as Oba for instance. But I suppose that when he returns, he'll be much stronger than he was before, so it's a safe bet that he'll be at the same level as the Four Heavenly Kings if the writers are as consistent with his progression as they were with Iris's.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I think that he is a strong battler but he is one step below E4 level of strength. He seems to be slightly missing the edge to reach that point. Volkner sort of is like Raihan where both are incredibly strong and could have an intense battle with their region’s respective Champions but are still lacking the spark for them to actually win.

gym master47

I think that he is a strong battler but he is one step below E4 level of strength. He seems to be slightly missing the edge to reach that point. Volkner sort of is like Raihan where both are incredibly strong and could have an intense battle with their region’s respective Champions but are still lacking the spark for them to actually win.
agreed

nickdt

Depends what E4 though. Sinnoh E4, then yes. But if we look at Galar standards, then no (Piers, Kabu and Raihan are Champion level) and Opal was E4 level and considering many people see in Gordie the next Galar champion, he isn't a pushover either apparently.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Depends what E4 though. Sinnoh E4, then yes. But if we look at Galar standards, then no (Piers, Kabu and Raihan are Champion level) and Opal was E4 level and considering many people see in Gordie the next Galar champion, he isn't a pushover either apparently.
Melony is pretty strong too with her Lapras and Galarian Darmanitan. That Darmanitan can easily destroy any strategy you may have come up with if you aren’t careful.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Allegedly.

Though Platinum will always have Flint farther ahead of him, and Volkner pales in comparison to Maylene and Fantina, who have higher levels than him. It's more of an informed attribute.

Not unlike how ORAS did have Wallace literally use his Champion team set up in the Delta Episode.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Allegedly.

Though Platinum will always have Flint farther ahead of him, and Volkner pales in comparison to Maylene and Fantina, who have higher levels than him. It's more of an informed attribute.

Not unlike how ORAS did have Wallace literally use his Champion team set up in the Delta Episode.
I really want to know what the hell happened with Wallace in the anime