• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Wonder Gaurd an Unfair Ability?

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Having leveled one to level 100, I can safely say that it is NOT unfair in any way. In fact, it's the only thing that prevents Sheddy from being the single worst Pokemon in the entire game. At least Magikarp has Tackle and Flail.

I will say this much though. Leveling it to 100 was a pain in the rear. I had to exploit the Psychic trainer just outside the Fight Area in the Battle Zone in Pokemon Platinum. He carries a Slowbro and a Slowking. Thankfully, between Shadow Sneak and Shadow Claw, I was able to defeat them in succession.

Not unfair by any means.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
Nope, not at all since Shedinja only has 1 hp and it's really weak with lots of weaknesses

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
yeah having a shedninja isnt worth it being on a team, stats suck and the hp is awful

Indragon

Back in the USSR
yeah having a shedninja isnt worth it being on a team, stats suck and the hp is awful

It isn't as bad as you think. It needs a good bit of support, but it can be unstoppable if played right. But yeah, if you don't want to put in a lot of effort for an "iffy" reward, it's probably not worth it.

Skwog

PurpleHaze
If there were not a plethora of ways to defeat Shedinja, then Wonder Guard would be completely unfair. However, with Stealth Rocks, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Sandstorm, and Hail, not to mention most teams carrying a Fire-type move, Shedinja is easily taken care of.

Frog Of Steel

Quirky Nature
Wouldn't this be more like a poll?
Anyway, in my opinion, it's unfair, but to Shedinja. With its typing, shedinja doesn't resist any damaging status effect or weather damage, besides all the weaknesses it has due to its typing. It can be used, but only with a lot of preparation and support, something the average trainer isn't willing to do just for another pokemon on the team.
Perhaps if there were some sort of hold item that prtects against a certain weather effect, Shedinja would have a better chance of being used.

swalot=yes

<-Get in ma bella!
no, its not unfair. Shedinja has one hp; its completely destroyed by any entry hazard. On another pokemon, yes, wondergaurd would probably be unfair, but not shedinja.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I think Wonder Guard is pretty fair. Only one Pokemon in existence has it (Shedinja) and even with that immunity going for it, it's probably one of the weakest Pokemon out there. It has only one HP and it's stats have never impressed me. It's only "unfair" to people when they rush into a battle without thinking and they encounter a Shedinja with no way of defeating it. I always come into battle prepared for such a Pokemon, most recently, in the Battle Hall.

No. 1 Machop Fan

Wonder Guard's effectiveness on Shedinja is heavily overshadowed by the fact that it blocks NO forms of indirect damage.

Aside from that, I did Scouts for 12 years, and taught me one very important saying: "Be prepared".

PS. Shedinja is awesome

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Heh, I can see I wasn't the only one to get surprised seeing Shedinja appear in the Battle Hall. I'll bet they put that there on purpose.

Wonder Guard is Shedinja's thing. It makes trainign a Shedinja unlike training anything else--even if it's got a severe level advantage, it can still lose. Inversely, it can still win at a severe level disadvantage. (I'm talking about in-game, of course.)

Kind of like how Ditto is incredibly fun to use in-game because you need to figure out a different game plan for everything it Transforms into.

Andy787

Like lot's of people have already mentioned, because it's only gotten 1 HP and can die of stupid things like Sandstorm / Hail, I believe it's not unfair for Shedinja to have the Wonder Guard ability.

Kotone

The idiots that don't have a single move that can damage poor little Shedinja.

this "idiot" in batte towr with a snorlax , suicune and meganium with not any damging move to shedinja still won by stalling it's pp

No. 1 Machop Fan

this "idiot" in batte towr with a snorlax , suicune and meganium with not any damging move to shedinja still won by stalling it's pp

True. That happened to me in Sapphire once (an it was my Shedinja :p). If Shedinja is forced to use Struggle, it will faint from Struggle's recoil.