• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Islam and Christianity (Seriously I could only find one difference)

I have been doing a fair bit of googling tonight, and I looked at Muslim views on Christ.

They believe everything Christians do I was very surprised.

The common misconception is that Muslims put Christ in the same category as other prophets which couldn't be farther from the truth.

Christ is called the Messiah in a passage in Qu'ran, they believe in the virgin birth, and they believe in everything except that he died for our sins.

That might sound like a big difference, but once I learned that Muslims didn't believe in original sin I realized thats the only difference, up to that point before Allah spoke to Muhhamadh, essentially they were the same religion.

So why do these two view each others as rivals, I mean when you take the most christian region in the world (American South) v.s the most Muslim region in the world (Middle east) you start to notice these two are less then fond of each other.

Why is this, I mean in the Koran it states that you as a muslim are only allowed to marry a Muslim or a Christian, as those are the two people going to heaven first.

So why is it? I honestly don't understand.

Ethan

Banned
There are bigger differences than what you elude to. In Islam Jesus is a prophet and in Christianity he's the Son of God. Which is a big difference, because in the new testament Christ claims that the only way to get into heaven, is through him. So while what may seem like a small difference, certianly makes all the difference (Going to heaven or hell.) There are also other minor differences such as the order of stories in the old testament and such.

I believe in religious unity and peace, but this cumbaya "We all worship the same God." nonsense just isn't necessary.

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
Sharia barbarism, dhimmi law, suppresion of women and polygamy are what separates Radical muslims from others. But your right, Jews, Christians and Muslims are called 'Abrahamic religions' as they have their origins in Judaism (Jewish faith).

Conservative Muslims will typically have more social doctrines than Christianity like muslim couples don't express their emotions publically, dress so that little skin is revealed (men and women) and can't eat pork or drink alcohol and the obligatory pilgramge to Mecca etc.

Last edited:
There are bigger differences than what you elude to. In Islam Jesus is a prophet and in Christianity he's the Son of God. Which is a big difference, because in the new testament Christ claims that the only way to get into heaven, is through him. So while what may seem like a small difference, certianly makes all the difference (Going to heaven or hell.) There are also other minor differences such as the order of stories in the old testament and such.

I believe in religious unity and peace, but this cumbaya "We all worship the same God." nonsense just isn't necessary.

But it is true that Muslims, Christians, and Jews believe in the same god, theres no arguing that.

I may be wrong, and I'm sure you'll correct me if I am, but without original sin there was no reason for God to sacrifice his son right?

And in Islam I found another difference they don't believe in the trinity, they're very big on the whole god is one and whole. Which is why they believe having a son would ruin the wholeness of God.

Ethan

Banned
But it is true that Muslims, Christians, and Jews believe in the same god, theres no arguing that.

I may be wrong, and I'm sure you'll correct me if I am, but without original sin there was no reason for God to sacrifice his son right?

And in Islam I found another difference they don't believe in the trinity, they're very big on the whole god is one and whole. Which is why they believe having a son would ruin the wholeness of God.

No. They don't. Pay attention to the difference you just pointed out. In one faith God is made up of the trinity, and in the other God is a completely single being. In one faith, they say that Jesus is God, and the other they say Jesus is a prophet and Allah alone is God. Using simple logic, there can't be more than one version of the same person. If people claim to follow me for example, then they claim to follow me.

If another group of people claim to follow me, but they all believe I have a beard, blue hair, and purple eyes, they cannot truthfully say they follow me. You can either believe what's real or truthful, or you believe what's fabricated and a lie. Truth =/= lie. I'm not playing a game of "Which religion is true?" but strictly and logically speaking, the truth is the truth is the truth. Period.

No. They don't. Pay attention to the difference you just pointed out. In one faith God is made up of the trinity, and in the other God is a completely single being. In one faith, they say that Jesus is God, and the other they say Jesus is a prophet and Allah alone is God. Using simple logic, there can't be more than one version of the same person. If people claim to follow me for example, then they claim to follow me.

If another group of people claim to follow me, but they all believe I have a beard, blue hair, and purple eyes, they cannot truthfully say they follow me. You can either believe what's real or truthful, or you believe what's fabricated and a lie. Truth =/= lie. I'm not playing a game of "Which religion is true?" but strictly and logically speaking, the truth is the truth is the truth. Period.

Fair enough

RichRI322

me and rleigion dont get along too well lol

Ethan

Banned
I don't care as does no one else in this forum, honestly. Please actually contribute to the discussion next time.

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
And the fact that Muslims and Christians have always fought each other dosen't deter Kazekage in believeing that because Christianity and Islam are Abrahamic, that therefore they are clone faiths.

Oh, and that Muslims have far more doctrines on social behaviour than Christians also dosn't matter.

7 tyranitars

the origin of the islam is christianity, some radical muslims have added some extra rules which aren't actualy in the koran

GaZsTiC

Alternating

That was actually quite good for two short paragraphs.

the origin of the islam is christianity, some radical muslims have added some extra rules which aren't actualy in the koran

Technically speaking, both Christianity and Islam originate form Judaism. And similar to radical Muslims, there are branches of Christianity that add extra rules not in the Bible. The only differnce is the radical Muslims tend to be...you know - radical.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Technically speaking, both Christianity and Islam originate form Judaism. And similar to radical Muslims, there are branches of Christianity that add extra rules not in the Bible. The only differnce is the radical Muslims tend to be...you know - radical.

It's most likely true.
the Islam comes from Judaism.
The Christians believe in Jesus, who was born in Israel and was Jews.

Spirit of Darkness

What I know is that Muslims believe that Jesus is just a prophet who brought Christianity. They believe about all of his miracles except that he is the son of the God. Although this seems to be the main difference, yet honestly, the social behavior is what determines the major differences. I mean that they don't drink alcohol, eat pork, have sex until they are married and so on...

And the fact that Muslims and Christians have always fought each other dosen't deter Kazekage in believeing that because Christianity and Islam are Abrahamic, that therefore they are clone faiths.

Oh, and that Muslims have far more doctrines on social behaviour than Christians also dosn't matter.

If you had paid any attention to the FIRST post in this thread you realize the entire purpose for it was I was wondering why they fight in the first place.

And Christians have doctrines on Social behavior to, ever heard of Jehovah's witness? Mormon? Hell even Catholicism is pretty strict socially.

How about instead of giving me a some condescending sarcastic ******** you actually give me reasons on why you think I'm wrong.

The Director

Ancient Trainer

Same God, different ways of interpreting that God. Like looking at something from different angles, the same thing even if you don't see it as the same thing. So there can be more than one version of the same thing if it depends upon others to interpret it. And as everything, is interpretation of something then everything has different versions of the same thing. Its all very well saying there is one "truth", doesn't mean they can't interpret the same thing differently but still be truthful, to both themselves and partly to the "truth".

They follow what they perceive as "you", doesn't mean they see the same thing as anyone else. And they may be truthful even if they don't see what you do, as their opinion is as valid as yours. So it could be that everything is partly true doesn't make it any less true or false. Everything is opinional, therefore we can't prove something is completely true, but we can't prove its definitely false either.

7 tyranitars

Technically speaking, both Christianity and Islam originate form Judaism. And similar to radical Muslims, there are branches of Christianity that add extra rules not in the Bible. The only differnce is the radical Muslims tend to be...you know - radical

yes I know I was just giving the example closest to mind and also since this thread is about
christian and islam I didn't use judism

ccangelopearl1362

Differences between Islam and Christianity? If we’re thinking of philosophical arrangements, then I can readily accept Christianity’s doctrines about the Trinity, namely the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, as opposed to Islam’s oneness through Allah and the designation of Muhammad as the Prophet of Islam. That said, a focus on spheres of authority may be most appropriate as the basis for my favorite difference(s) between these two belief systems. Jesus was the one who recognized those two separate areas of consequence for humans, one in this world, the other in the next. However, Muhammad fused these spheres of authority under submission to Allah, with the effect of extending Islam’s reach into every conceivable area of life, even – or especially – through military methods. Perhaps no other group embodies this all-encompassing vision as visibly, if not explicitly militarily, as the Organization of the Islamic Conference, which at least professes to represent Muslims all across the planet in order to integrate them into a single global community to be recognized. There is no Christian equivalent to the OIC, and its member countries tend to want criticism of Islam, whether from outside observers or their own people, restricted or even outlawed, undemocratic though that might be. At a distinctly national level, I would have to consider the Islamic Revolutionary Guards to be most expressive of Sharia interventionism, between their race to acquire nuclear bombs to use against Israel, their crackdowns on those Iranian protesters, and their influence over Iran’s major companies. Such direct authority over matters of the human life, unlike the human soul, wouldn’t work with, say, Pope Benedict XVI. Consequently, I would argue, at least for now, that if Christianity is more focused on enriching the individual soul, then Islam is more focused on expanding the group through any means necessary, among other notable differences between both belief systems.

Last edited:

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
Kazekage said:
How about instead of giving me a some condescending sarcastic ******** you actually give me reasons on why you think I'm wrong.

Don't recall trying to sound sarcastic.

You said that Christianity and Islam are basically the same thing. I'm saying that while they have the same roots and have similar doctrines, they are still different enough in their own right. Most here seem to think so.

Yes, some Christians denominations have many social doctrines, but Catholicsim? I was raised Catholic and I tell you there is nowhere near as much as what Islam has in this regard. I studied the Big Five religions, including Islam and Christianity. And traditonal Islam has far more social doctrines than Roman Catholicism.

Last edited:

Drake99

Same God, different ways of interpreting that God. Like looking at something from different angles, the same thing even if you don't see it as the same thing. So there can be more than one version of the same thing if it depends upon others to interpret it. And as everything, is interpretation of something then everything has different versions of the same thing. Its all very well saying there is one "truth", doesn't mean they can't interpret the same thing differently but still be truthful, to both themselves and partly to the "truth
"

No thats not true. Christians believe in the trinity with 3 distinct person but they CANNOT be separated. So, If you do not believe in one either the Father, Son, or Holy Spirit, you do not believe in the Christian God which is not close to the Muslim's.