• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Islam and Christianity (Seriously I could only find one difference)

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
"

No thats not true. Christians believe in the trinity with 3 distinct person but they CANNOT be separated. So, If you do not believe in one either the Father, Son, or Holy Spirit, you do not believe in the Christian God which is not close to the Muslim's.

I thought that the Christians, Jews and Muslims are believe in the same God. Just the pride that "we were the first" made that there are three main religions, it is my opinion.

The Lost Dream

P R E D A T O R
well .. this topic has attracted me since I'm a muslim , and my name is Mohammed , I'm from Dubai (UAE) so I'm an arab also
I agree with you 100% .. we're close to each other but only one little point of view makes the difference .. Islam didn't allow muslims to even say bad things about christians like 'curse you' for example .. this is not even allowed .. especially when it comes to christians .. Islam respects them so much .. but some of clueless muslim people think that islam orders us to fight and terrorize , like Osama .. that's completely wrong and we beleive that they will be punished .. Bloodshed is not allowed in islam

well .. speaking of myself as a muslim I really like christians and that's one reason for me to be here in this forum , most of my teachers in my university are christians also .. and I'd like to have christian friends in real life but unfortunately I don't find much of them here in my country around me

we people of these two relegions are meant to be friends and close to each other in this life .. but I still wonder why some of them are enemies .. perhaps they've understood everything wrongly

thanks for your nice topic bro =)

IMPERIAL DRAGON

Enemy Of Reality
To be quite honest and to say this in the cruellest possible fashion, both faiths are like a cancer, only difference is, one is benign and the other, malignant, with roles shifting between the two constantly. Christianity has an unnameable sum of past sins and atrocities, all in the name of spreading the word and expanding the empire, but at least it has generally been reduced to a society of reasonable citizens with the occasional harmless fanatic.

Christianity continues to thrive, but as a viable threat to society, it’s pretty limp, usually the scapegoat of governments with erectile dysfunctions striving to make their decisions seem slightly more solid in the face of public scrutiny. It may seep into politics, but whether or not these men of power genuinely believe the ‘in the name of God’ sentiment as in the crusades and such, is questionable, but at least individual Christians are no longer taking it upon themselves to cleanse the world of whoever they deem unfit for their utopia.
Unlike fundamentalist Muslims, who quite literally ruin the entire religion for the vast majority of Muslims who just wish to live in a peaceful co-existence with the rest of humanity, despite terrorism tarnishing that dream.

Truth be told, Islam and Christianity do share cornerstones of faith, the belief systems are very similar in some aspects, albeit by no means the same. Problem is, according to our natures, we seek to colonise and compete, so despite similarities with other empires; it’s the differences that separate Islam and Christianity which inspire conflict and nurture the desire to expand at the cost of the other; to convert or destroy. And unfortunately, the radicalised fundamentalist Muslims are fighting a losing battle against the Western world, which is literally much of their intention as recent anti British solider propaganda highlighted when fundamentalists labelled dead troops returning home as ‘murders, rapists, baby killers’ at a small town ceremony paying tribute to local soldiers. Protesting such with banners stating Islam will take over, which is also a point of the religion itself, I’ve been lead to believe, that domination is encouraged? Telltale signs of a disease in need of cauterising to protect peace if you ask me.

My point is while similarities exist, it’s the differences that pit one against the other, creating warring factions competing for ground and influence. My post is probably off point slightly, but I’m approaching this from more of a socially relevant angle than say, biblically or the origins of both faiths.

Last edited:

The Director

Ancient Trainer
"

No thats not true. Christians believe in the trinity with 3 distinct person but they CANNOT be separated. So, If you do not believe in one either the Father, Son, or Holy Spirit, you do not believe in the Christian God which is not close to the Muslim's.

if I remember correctly, the trinity believes that it is still one God, the jewish God, but it can be in 3 different forms but it still is one God. As I said a different interpretation of the same thing, if it exists. Although I don't know as much about the Muslim faith as either christianity or jewish.

miles0624

Wrath of Fire
But it is true that Muslims, Christians, and Jews believe in the same god, theres no arguing that.

That is not completely true. I'm not talking about the trinity as the others have been, what I am saying is about God. In Judaism and Christianity, it known that the God they worship is called Yaweh (spelled something like that.) In Muslim culture, they worship Allah, which is the Pagan moon Good. Different Gods people. It is true that the Muslim faith comes off Christianity, and therefore off Judaism, but those God worshiping differences are what really different. Sorry for misspellings if any.

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
No. They don't. Pay attention to the difference you just pointed out. In one faith God is made up of the trinity, and in the other God is a completely single being. In one faith, they say that Jesus is God, and the other they say Jesus is a prophet and Allah alone is God. Using simple logic, there can't be more than one version of the same person. If people claim to follow me for example, then they claim to follow me.

If another group of people claim to follow me, but they all believe I have a beard, blue hair, and purple eyes, they cannot truthfully say they follow me. You can either believe what's real or truthful, or you believe what's fabricated and a lie. Truth =/= lie. I'm not playing a game of "Which religion is true?" but strictly and logically speaking, the truth is the truth is the truth. Period.

Same could be said between Methodist and Baptist. The only thing they have in common is that they're branched off of the same religion. Judisum branches off to many faith, yet another religion of a different name raised from that. Same could be said to Christanity and Islam. They do have the same origins, but their views and beliefs differs drastically.

Long story short, Judisum, Christanity, and Islam have only one thing in common: they branch out in a way that their views differs from one another.

Dragoon952

The Winter Moth
well .. this topic has attracted me since I'm a muslim , and my name is Mohammed , I'm from Dubai (UAE) so I'm an arab also
I agree with you 100% .. we're close to each other but only one little point of view makes the difference .. Islam didn't allow muslims to even say bad things about christians like 'curse you' for example .. this is not even allowed .. especially when it comes to christians .. Islam respects them so much .. but some of clueless muslim people think that islam orders us to fight and terrorize , like Osama .. that's completely wrong and we beleive that they will be punished .. Bloodshed is not allowed in islam

well .. speaking of myself as a muslim I really like christians and that's one reason for me to be here in this forum , most of my teachers in my university are christians also .. and I'd like to have christian friends in real life but unfortunately I don't find much of them here in my country around me

we people of these two relegions are meant to be friends and close to each other in this life .. but I still wonder why some of them are enemies .. perhaps they've understood everything wrongly

thanks for your nice topic bro =)

You can correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm certainly no Muslim scholar, but does Islam encompass all facets of life? Does it have a political component, a religious component, a lifestyle component, etc.?

I think that is a major difference. There is no question that some in the past, particularly during the medieval period, used Christianity to back their rule, but there is nothing specific in the Bible regarding mixing government with religion.

I think non-Muslims struggle with that theocratic component. The trouble ALWAYS is that humanity is not perfect, and that corruption will flood into any person holding power to some degree. In non-theocratic countries, those individuals may hold governmental power, but they are still held accountable by the people. In a theocracy, they have a governmental AND religious power, and it is much harder to hold such people accountable. Corruption has a greater potential of running more free and rampant when an individual can claim multiple sources of authority.

The Lost Dream

P R E D A T O R
You can correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm certainly no Muslim scholar, but does Islam encompass all facets of life? Does it have a political component, a religious component, a lifestyle component, etc.?

I think that is a major difference. There is no question that some in the past, particularly during the medieval period, used Christianity to back their rule, but there is nothing specific in the Bible regarding mixing government with religion.

I think non-Muslims struggle with that theocratic component. The trouble ALWAYS is that humanity is not perfect, and that corruption will flood into any person holding power to some degree. In non-theocratic countries, those individuals may hold governmental power, but they are still held accountable by the people. In a theocracy, they have a governmental AND religious power, and it is much harder to hold such people accountable. Corruption has a greater potential of running more free and rampant when an individual can claim multiple sources of authority.

Quran and Hadeeth in Islam covers nearly everything in life if it wasn't completely everything

Dragoon952

The Winter Moth
Quran and Hadeeth in Islam covers nearly everything in life if it wasn't completely everything

That's what I thought, and I think that is a major diverging point.

Along those same lines, what are the teachings surrounding the Dar al-Islam? Are their teachings involving bringing the whole world into the Dar al-Islam or is it just a term describing what already exists right now?

Icup

That's what I thought, and I think that is a major diverging point.

Along those same lines, what are the teachings surrounding the Dar al-Islam? Are their teachings involving bringing the whole world into the Dar al-Islam or is it just a term describing what already exists right now?

Dar al-Islam..is a place where people can freely practice their religion, so basically most countries that you see around today.

Anyways Islam and Christianity are VERY VERY VERY similar no matter how you look at it. The major difference is the beliefs surrounding Jesus...but the thing is what we hear about nowadays about the radical Muslims and what not, and portraying Islam based on that is EXTREMELY hypocritical by the Western society. If look back in history it was Christians ( and other branches of it) that enslaved the Africans with their ideology of the "White mans burden", it was the same people that cause and had the World Wars. Lets not forget the robbery that has occurred to the native americans, and the Chinese people that were used to build the railroad tracks in the US and Canada. If you look back at all those events those people called themselves Christians or Catholics or whatever other branch of Christianity...would be fair for every other non Christian person to judge Christianity upon what was done? Or even worse every person that is not white to judge white people on what has occurred? Well..that is exactly what is happening about Islam nowadays...a few retards are causing some problems and now Islam is the image of disaster and terrorism and everything horrible. Very hypocritical don't you think?

IMPERIAL DRAGON

Enemy Of Reality
It does border on hypocrisy but it is an entirely fair reaction. I also highlighted this in my previous post, that Christianity’s history is penned with a bloody past with many injustices and inhuman acts carried out in the name of god, to expand the Christian empire.

At the heart of the issue is always an eternal power struggle, and since the dark ages the westernised world has capitalised, granted civilised society with moderate peace while consumerism and wealth captures the attention of the masses. The disagreement between the individual faiths still wage, but ultimately, the west and Christianity by extension, has a bigger stick than Islam; the stick representing wealth, power, authority, opportunity and technology. I understand the comparison between Islamic Fundamentalism and Christianity’s brutal history, but in these modern times, tyrants are being laid to rest all the time, from Hitler to Saddam, all out war and tyranny is no longer tolerated in it’s most direct form today, so any attack on current perceptions of peace by Islam will be regarded as a new evil to dethrone. Prejudice and xenophobia are always the opium of any age.

Such a shame for the vast majority of normal Muslim’s who are blighted by the extremists, at least Christian’s can’t rightfully be held account for past atrocities; the crusades and such are just a matter of centuries old fact.

Dragoon952

The Winter Moth
Dar al-Islam..is a place where people can freely practice their religion, so basically most countries that you see around today.

Isn't freedom to practice Islam what defines the Dar al-Islam, and not just freedom of religion in general? And hasn't some of the problems of the past come up from the political, governmental portion of Islam dictating that the Dar al-Islam be expaned by the point of the sword? Not saying that's how it should be or that Islam teaches that (because I seriously don't know), but that can happen when religion dictates governmental affairs.

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
Isn't it funny that everyone dosn't let Christians forget what happended a few hundred years ago, but we ignore all the atrocities commited by Islam both today and in the past.

Both religions are soaked in blood. But Christians have moved beyond the concept of trying to bring extreme religious rules and laws into every country they inhabit as a majorty or minority. You also don't hear of Chrisitian's calling for crusades nearly as much as you hear Muslims calling for a Jihad.

Isn't it funny that everyone dosn't let Christians forget what happended a few hundred years ago, but we ignore all the atrocities commited by Islam both today and in the past.

Both religions are soaked in blood. But Christians have moved beyond the concept of trying to bring extreme religious rules and laws into every country they inhabit as a majorty or minority. You also don't hear of Chrisitian's calling for crusades nearly as much as you hear Muslims calling for a Jihad.

The difference is that, almost no Muslims want a Jihad, yet one is happening.

There are thousands of christians who would love a Holy war, yet one isn't happening.

Xx Flare xX

Alot of muslims don't want to cause any problems (well, the ones I've talked to don't atleast;)) It's the radical extremists and hate preachers causing them problems.

randomspot555

I believe in religious unity and peace, but this cumbaya "We all worship the same God." nonsense just isn't necessary.

Maybe not across the board, but from an outside point of view, they're called the Abrahamic religions for a reason: They trace their ancestry through Moses and purport to worship the God that he did. Thus they all worship the same God. Now, later additions to religion such as the Trinity is one and the same throws it a bit off, but the Trinity is a CATHOLIC belief, not a Christian belief. And I don't think anyone would argue that Catholics worship a different God than say, the Anglicans.

Now, saying they worship the same God does not negate that they are still drastically different religions, and even more so when you get down and dirty into the sects. Orthodox Jews think that the Catholic act of veneration of the saints is a form of worship and makes them polytheists. The Nation of Islam, as probably most famously described in Malcom X's autobiography The Autobiography of Malcolm X during his pilgrimage to Mecca, has much different standards for praying than orthodox sects of Islam. Even Mormons, who are certainly sects of Christians by any objective standard, don't even see themselves as a Christian sect but an entirely separate religion.

Last edited:

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
Kazekage said:
There are thousands of christians who would love a Holy war, yet one isn't happening.

That is a very bold statement, I assume you have several polls/sources for this?

IMPERIAL DRAGON

Enemy Of Reality
It’s just a general consensus, war mongering Christians would be in the minority same as fundamentalist Muslims. Anyone with such hardcore beliefs isn’t exactly going to commit their name to public files or polls; it’s just an underlying section of society we all know exists, the religious extremists of various faiths. Some of those involved in the military fighting in the Middle East view their actions as ethnic cleansing, stemming from a belief in holy war.

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
Imperial Dragon. I agree with you, comrade. But Kazekage implies that all Christians are Evil Baby Eating Rapist War Mongering Fanatics and that all Muslims are peace loving people who would never hurt anyone and that they are the personification of tolerance and love.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Alot of muslims don't want to cause any problems (well, the ones I've talked to don't atleast;)) It's the radical extremists and hate preachers causing them problems.

I think the problem is that the muslims don't want that their relifion will be considered as the second or the third. unlike the others but I think they are more loyal to their religion.