• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Islamophobia and McCarthyism

Raymond - king of ducks

How about this actually. We go back to your original post and you show me the evidence supporting each of your claims.

If you stopped ignoring reality, you'd know that the evidence for Obama's betrayal of America is everywhere. Head over to google and you'll find countless articles about the Obama administration's deplorable acts. Terrorists have been released, hate crimes perpetrated by muslims have been ignored and downplayed, and jihad has been named as a legitimate practice by the administration. Go on, educate yourself.

Ah, just like how all the Zionists are working together through networks of lawyers, doctors and bankers and using their diabolical Jewery to control and manipulate the world to their doing.

You're not comparing the proven existence of the islamic jihad to the myth of the jewish conspiracy, are you?

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
If you stopped ignoring reality, you'd know that the evidence for Obama's betrayal of America is everywhere. Head over to google and you'll find countless articles about the Obama administration's deplorable acts. Terrorists have been released, hate crimes perpetrated by muslims have been ignored and downplayed, and jihad has been named as a legitimate practice by the administration. Go on, educate yourself.

There's this persuasive tactic called 'providing supporting evidence' and often the person with the claim provides it, because typically people don't go out of their way to 'educate' themselves about something they disagree with already, or they wouldn't disagree with it.

Oh and I thought I share this, country singer Hank Williams Jr. said Obama is a Muslim who hates America, cowboys, cowgirls, fishing, hates farming, and loves gays.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/03/hank-williams-jr-obama-gays_n_1852739.html

Funny thing is, PoltiFact ruled his claim Pants On Fire.

Michelle Obama claimed that her and Barack Obama spent their early married years in relative poverty, and the audience cheered.

One man made unintelligent claims (which were mainly opinions) to a concert in Texas. Michelle Obama actively misled (perhaps I'd even go as far as to say she lied) millions of watching viewers.

Which is worse?

Your slavish deference to the Huffington Post does little for you.

Both parties deceive and mislead, both the Obamas and the Romneys have lied about things and it is all deplorable. Both have their fair share of being the 'worst' when it comes to honesty and intention. Both actively mislead, Anne Romney went on stage and told people that her and Mitt know the struggles of unemployment because they had been unemployed in the past for a decent amount of time. This is the same thing as Michelle because it is total bs, the Romneys were unemployed because they were friggn rich and didn't need a job, which is actively misleading people (I'd even go as far as to say that she lied to millions of viewers).

Last edited:

Silver Soul

Michelle Obama claimed that her and Barack Obama spent their early married years in relative poverty, and the audience cheered.

One man made unintelligent claims (which were mainly opinions) to a concert in Texas. Michelle Obama actively misled (perhaps I'd even go as far as to say she lied) millions of watching viewers.

Which is worse?

Your slavish deference to the Huffington Post does little for you.

I can tell you what's worse, LYING about how Romney wanted Obama to succeed in front of millions.

BigLutz

Banned
I can tell you what's worse, LYING about how Romney wanted Obama to succeed in front of millions.

A: What does this have to do with the now discredited topic of Michelle Bachmann and Islamophobia/McCarthyism

B: Do you have proof that Romney did not want Obama to succeed?

Silver Soul

A: What does this have to do with the now discredited topic of Michelle Bachmann and Islamophobia/McCarthyism

I was replying to the guy who made the post, not you. And I was trying to point out the prejudice still going on.

B: Do you have proof that Romney did not want Obama to succeed?

It was on the episode of the Daily Show last Friday when they showed a clip of Romney interviewed about Rush Limbaugh's comments of wanting Obama to fail. Also his interview with Larry King in 3/19/2009 when he said this.

http://upwithchrishayes.msnbc.com/_news/2012/08/31/13595949-video-in-convention-speech-romney-said-he-wanted-obama-to-succeed-but-thats-not-how-he-felt-in-2009

I want liberal policies to fail. I want him to fail in trying to put in place a health care plan that takes away the private sector from health care. I want him to fail in this cap and trade program as long as China and Brazil and Indonesia are not going to play in it. But I want him to succeed as a president, meaning, I want him to succeed in strengthening our economy, keeping us free, bringing our troops home in success from Iraq and Afghanistan. But I don't want his liberal policies to succeed.

It is contradicting because VP pick Paul Ryan was with Mitch McConnell conspiring to make Obama one-term President.

BigLutz

Banned
It was on the episode of the Daily Show last Friday when they showed a clip of Romney interviewed about Rush Limbaugh's comments of wanting Obama to fail. Also his interview with Larry King in 3/19/2009 when he said this.

http://upwithchrishayes.msnbc.com/_news/2012/08/31/13595949-video-in-convention-speech-romney-said-he-wanted-obama-to-succeed-but-thats-not-how-he-felt-in-2009

I knew you would be using that clip, the reality is that the Daily Show deceptively edited it.

"The clip, however, seems to entirely mischaracterize what Romney was saying, and at the very least takes him completely out of context in the short clip.

In the seconds immediately before the clip Stewart aired Romney said — discussing comments by Christina Romer, the Obama Chairperson of the Council of Economic Advisors — that he wanted President Obama to succeed.

"Republicans want to do what's right for America, and want to get this economy going again. We want the president succeed," Romney said."

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/daily-show-mischaracterizes-romneys-2008-remarks

It is contradicting because VP pick Paul Ryan was with Mitch McConnell conspiring to make Obama one-term President.

The only one conspiring to make Obama a one-termer is himself and his administration honestly, I would point to the new book released by Bob Woodward to show how badly he and his White House bungled this term.

Silver Soul

I knew you would be using that clip, the reality is that the Daily Show deceptively edited it.

"The clip, however, seems to entirely mischaracterize what Romney was saying, and at the very least takes him completely out of context in the short clip.

In the seconds immediately before the clip Stewart aired Romney said — discussing comments by Christina Romer, the Obama Chairperson of the Council of Economic Advisors — that he wanted President Obama to succeed.

"Republicans want to do what's right for America, and want to get this economy going again. We want the president succeed," Romney said."

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/daily-show-mischaracterizes-romneys-2008-remarks

He is saying this in speaking from the Republican's viewpoint at the RNC which is a lie. If that was true, then we wouldn't have gone through things such as the debt ceiling fiasco and all them filibusters. Also, the Daily Show makes fun of Democrats too.

The only one conspiring to make Obama a one-termer is himself and his administration honestly, I would point to the new book released by Bob Woodward to show how badly he and his White House bungled this term.

Are you talking about the Obama at the White House or the invisible Obama Clint Eastwood was speaking to? Don't deny this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A09a_gHJc

I imagine what Romney means is that he doesn't want to have seen unemployment above 8 percent for the best part of four years, the debt ceiling being raised to 16 trillion had shown some tangible benefits etc. I doubt he was lying.

So, ignoring your attempts to avoid the question. What are your opinions on Michelle Obama misleading (or lying) to millions of watching viewers about her and her husband's ability to relate to those who have lived on the "breadline". I remember when Anne Romney said something similar she was slaughtered in the press. Why is the same not happening with the female Obamessiah?

BigLutz

Banned
He is saying this in speaking from the Republican's viewpoint at the RNC which is a lie. If that was true, then we wouldn't have gone through things such as the debt ceiling fiasco and all them filibusters. Also, the Daily Show makes fun of Democrats too.

Umm no, you said and I quote "LYING about how Romney wanted Obama to succeed in front of millions."

You were speaking of Romney directly saying he did not want Obama to succeed.

By the way wanting Obama to succeed, and wanting to pass bad policies are two entirely different things. Also on the debt deal fiasco, the blame for that lays squarely at Obama's feet.

Are you talking about the Obama at the White House or the invisible Obama Clint Eastwood was speaking to? Don't deny this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A09a_gHJc

I am speaking of the Obama at the White House that torpedoed the debt ceiling deal, and nearly had us default. I am speaking of the Obama White House that at the time of the Stimulus said "F*** them, we have the votes" in terms of being bi partisan with Republicans. This is a White House that is determined to be a One-Termer.

I think it should also be pointed out that the talking point of the so called "Muslim backlash" after 9/11 being peddled time and time again here... has mostly been a myth.

According to the latest hate crime statistics available, there were 1,606 hate crime offenses motivated by religious bias in 2008. A closer look: 65.7 percent of them were committed against Jews. Against Muslims? 7.7 percent. [...]

Another interesting data point: 4.7 percent of hate crimes in 2008 were motivated by anti-Catholic bias. Another 3.7 percent were anti-Protestant. So from a raw numbers perspective, there were more hate crimes against Christians in America in 2008 than there were against Muslims. Given our large Christian population, it's true that each Christian is far less likely to be victimized, but the numbers still show that religious haters have not been singling out Muslims.

Hate crimes directed against Muslims remain relatively rare, notwithstanding the notoriety gained by incidents such as recent vandalism at the Madera Islamic Center.

Jews, lesbians, gay men and Caucasians, among others, are all more frequently the target of hate crimes, FBI records show. Reported anti-Muslim crimes have declined over recent years, though they still exceed what occurred prior to the 9-11 terrorist attacks. [...]

In 2008, 105 hate crime incidents against Muslims were reported nationwide. There were 10 times as many incidents that were recorded as anti-Jewish during the same year, the most recent for which figures are available.

Last edited:

SugarFreeJazz

not present
What I wanted were links to what you were referring to.

You're not comparing the proven existence of the islamic jihad to the myth of the jewish conspiracy, are you?
I'm comparing the fanatical and obstinate closed-mindedness.

Silver Soul

Umm no, you said and I quote "LYING about how Romney wanted Obama to succeed in front of millions."

You were speaking of Romney directly saying he did not want Obama to succeed.

By the way wanting Obama to succeed, and wanting to pass bad policies are two entirely different things. Also on the debt deal fiasco, the blame for that lays squarely at Obama's feet.

Romney says a lot of things and same goes for Ryan since they have been making false welfare claims about Obama. But hey, the campaign should not be dictated by fact checkers.

Oh yes, because trickle down economics really worked SO well in the past years.

Oh really? Here's an example: Back in December 2011, the Senate agreed to pass the Payroll Tax Cut extension but the House GOP didn't want to pass it despite the bipartisan agreement between the Senate. This is just pretty much putting party over country.

I am speaking of the Obama at the White House that torpedoed the debt ceiling deal, and nearly had us default. I am speaking of the Obama White House that at the time of the Stimulus said "F*** them, we have the votes" in terms of being bi partisan with Republicans. This is a White House that is determined to be a One-Termer.

I think it should also be pointed out that the talking point of the so called "Muslim backlash" after 9/11 being peddled time and time again here... has mostly been a myth.

Okay fine, you see what you want to see.

I've been pointing out there prejudice and racism still exists due to recent events. The cases of right-wing extremism is growing.

BigLutz

Banned
Romney says a lot of things and same goes for Ryan since they have been making false welfare claims about Obama. But hey, the campaign should not be dictated by fact checkers.

So your statement has been proven false, and this is the best you have? "They say alot of things"

Oh yes, because trickle down economics really worked SO well in the past years.

It did, but I do not see how this has anything to do with Romney saying he wanted Obama to succeed.

Oh really? Here's an example: Back in December 2011, the Senate agreed to pass the Payroll Tax Cut extension but the House GOP didn't want to pass it despite the bipartisan agreement between the Senate. This is just pretty much putting party over country.

That was no doubt a stupid thing, but I do not see how that is comparable to Obama nearly having us default.

Okay fine, you see what you want to see.

I've been pointing out there prejudice and racism still exists due to recent events. The cases of right-wing extremism is growing.

So... I point out that the Muslim Backlash is false, provide proof, and your response is "I see what I want to see", if that isn't projection I do not know what is.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
I can definately see how people say Obama has his own agenda for Islam...while some of those points fall under being extremely socially liberal, like trying to make Easter ambiguous but celebrate Ramadan, he has empowered the Muslim Brotherhood during his regime. And our recent military actions align us with Al Qaeda rather than against it. A lot of the articles I've read about him portray him as someone that takes the military actions in the Middle East extremely personally. Apparently he reviews the drone target list himself. It could be that these closed door deals with Islamic extremists are about him trying to be personally diplomatic with them. If his philosophy about terrorism is anything like mine, he could be for creating a stable, explicit Islamic power structure so there's not as much support for underground terrorist groups. It seems unlikely to me that he's a front for anything connected to Al Qaeda, given that he announed the assassination of both Osama Bin Laden and Anwar al-Awlaki (sp?). If so, that's one impressive front.

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master

You forgot this gem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsFR8DbSRQE

Cameras are incapable of telling lies.

Personally, I learned everything I needed to know about Islam on 9/11. The buildings went down, they celebrated and gave gifts to one another. Footage says more than a thousand news articles can ever hope to.

BigLutz

Banned
So on the counter swing of Islamophobia today, we have voices from the left including MSNBC now calling for the prosecution of the man who dared to engage in the use of freedom of speech by insulting Mohammad, which in turned caused a bunch of Muslims to go nuts in the Middle East and start killing people. I have a problem when people automatically equate being a Muslim with being a terrorist, however what I am far more worried about is taking away our freedom of speech in some kind of Anti Blasphamy laws, to make Muslims happy.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Are you by chance this guy?

Nope. But the fact is, I didn't even start researching Islam until after the 9/11 attacks. I came to the conclusion that any religion that kills in the name of a god has to be evil.