1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Islamophobia and McCarthyism

Discussion in 'Debate Forum' started by Silver Soul, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Sadib

Sadib Time Lord Victorious

Does that include Christianity as well?

2. Raymond - king of ducks

Raymond - king of ducks Well-Known Member

It's pretty funny how islamic apologists always bring up the faults of other religions and beliefs in an attempt to divert criticism away from glorious islam.

3. Sadib

I'm not an apologist. I'm just telling him not to single out Islam for wanting to kill non-believers.

4. TheFightingPikachu

TheFightingPikachu Smashing!

Um, posting irresponsibly much? We had a conversation on the topic in this very thread and you agreed that that verse wasn't saying, "Okay Christians, go kill nonbelievers!"

That only makes the following exchange between you and Raymond even funnier. He doesn't have to single it out, as though it were the only religion which has had some violent followers. He's already said this:

He may be generalizing a bit much, but he recognizes something important. The claim "Islam is a religion of peace" is at best excessively misleading.

5. Sadib

I never agreed with you. I just said Christians aren't allowed to kill people because of the law.

6. BurningWhiteKyurem

BurningWhiteKyurem Well-Known Member

Because people tend to forget that other religions have faults, yet they consistently bash Islam while other religions' faults are silenced. It's not so much criticism diversion as much as it is paying attention to trends and recognizing that all religions are not perfect. Historically, we always need to fight wars in order to find temporary peace/neuter what we believe is a threat.

7. SBaby

SBaby Dungeon Master

To a certain point. Although Christians lately haven't been outright killing others in the name of God. At least not en masse.

Of course true Christians should know that killing is against their religion anyway, since it flat out says in the Bible, 'Thou shalt not kill.'. That's pretty clear cut.

8. Sadib

Only one of these can be true.

9. SBaby

SBaby Dungeon Master

Funny that you chose not to bring these up until after I replied to your previous post.

In actuality, they're both true. I didn't start researching Islam until after the 9/11 attacks. Eventually I came to the conclusion that people who kill others in the name of their god are evil. So yes. Technically, I learned everything I needed to know on 9/11.

10. Sadib

You did all your research in one day?

11. SugarFreeJazz

SugarFreeJazz not present

I wasn't going to respond to this thread anymore, but I might as well close a few loose ends, first.

Intolerant, short-sighted, stubborn. Whatever you'd like to call it.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/no...giving-1-5-billion-to-the-muslim-brotherhood/
    http://www.politifact.com/rhode-isl...ate-candidate-barry-hinckley-says-obama-admi/

These prove nothing.

Not to mention, that last article is flat-out wrong.

Truly incriminating. With evidence so unequivocally accurate, it is amazing how Obama is still the president of the US.

If you're actually worried about your freedom of speech being taken away, than I'm afraid you have many more things to worry about.

The real problem here is that many people still seem to believe that freedom of speech means there won't be repercussions for what they say.

Where are you going with this? I'm fairly certain you don't mean to imply that Christianity, or the followers of Christianity, are evil, but you're certainly not helping any case that you seem to have.

12. SBaby

SBaby Dungeon Master

I wasn't really trying to make a case with that post. I was simply making an observation.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  13. Raymond - king of ducks

If by "nothing" you mean "Obama supports and enables the islamic jihad" then yes, it proves nothing at all.

If the islamists didn't have a level of self-control comparable to that of the average chimp, people wouldn't have to worry about repercussions. Part of this whole problem is that not only muslim extremists, but a whole lot of middle easterners can't grasp the concept of free speech at all, because they've never been able to experience it. There is no free speech in islam, nor is there free speech in islamic countries. The very idea of free speech is terrifying to the religion. As are things like gender equality and gay rights.

14. BigLutz

BigLutz Banned

The repercussions can be anything from loss of a job, to loss of future jobs, to people having a low opinion of you. However the moment something moves from legal to illegal, as we are seeing in the Middle East, the guilt of such a move completely falls on those that commit the crime.

15. Sadib

Relax. No one is getting their freedom of speech taken away, unless Romney gets elected. Then everyone will lose all their freedoms forever.

16. Romney's been one of the few people actually defending free speech this week.

17. Sadib

That's just empty rhetoric so he can become president. He's going take away everyone's rights then.

18. Raymond - king of ducks

He-heh, and that nice guy Obama would never do anything like that, would he? Indeed, we should trust Obama, he would never hurt us.

19. TheFightingPikachu

TheFightingPikachu Smashing!

Please tell me you aren't pressing the King James wording of the sixth commandment.

I say marioguy--are you trolling?

Actually, media and popular culture very often tends toward minimizing the faults of Muslims, downplaying the number of radicals, making excuses for their behavior (like alleging that Israel oppresses them). It really is quite disgusting to see some of the same people who would get riled up over Catholic priests molesting children go on to ignore Muhammad's pedophilia, even though he was the founder of the religion.

20. Kazekage

Kazekage

1. Its clearly not even a close to legitimate document. And what if he was when has he ever done anything that is remotely extremist.

2. That would be a good point if freedom of speech was in the universal islamic declaration of human rights (along with the U.N declaration of human rights which has been ratified by many muslim countries. )

http://www.alhewar.com/ISLAMDECL.html