• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Island of Giant Pokémon! (017)

mifune

I really liked this, mostly because of the interaction between all of the pokemon, very interesting that although they are made to battle each other all of the time, here when they are all out of the pokeballs they are friends, I like this aspect.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Team Rocket and the giant Pikachu. Oh lord I laughed so hard XD; I also loved that bit with all the Pokemon gathered around a Japanese-style bar. Bulbasaur was growling at Squirtle, Ekans and Koffing were crying, Pikachu was consoling them, and Slowpoke surveyed everything. Loved it! Oh Bulbasaur, you mean drunk you XD

Last edited:

HoennMaster

This is one of my favorite episodes....especially those Ekans and Koffing moments.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I also loved that bit with all the Pokemon gathered around a Japanese-style bar. Bulbasaur was growling at Squirtle, Ekans and Koffing were crying, Pikachu was consoling them, and Slowpoke surveyed everything. Loved it! Oh Bulbasaur, you mean drunk you XD

Lol, yes...the glory days of Pokemon before it went global, thus before nobody gave a damn about anything that could be seen too offensive or mature. I'm hoping we have another episode like this sometime, just to piss off those uptight mothers, americans, etc.

I liked this episode because they actually translated the Pokespeak. Why they didn't do it for the movie specials, I have no idea...

One more thing: "It's a good sign." XD

katfairy

The drunk scene. One of the most brilliant moments in the series, to my way of thinking.

And I wish they'd do another translation episode- I'd love to hear what Wobbuffet is actually saying!

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Wobbofet wasn't in that episode, I dont htink wobbofet wasent even made!!!

I loved that episode my fav. 10/10
Drunk ekens!!!!!!

katfairy

Wobbofet wasn't in that episode, I dont htink wobbofet wasent even made!!!

I loved that episode my fav. 10/10
Drunk ekens!!!!!!

I know. That's why I said I wished they would do another translation episode.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
When i first saw it, i thought the giant Pokemon were real.

I feel a bit stupid now.

Icefiyre

Banned
This episode is one of the best ones ever. All of Ash's Pokemon (minus Butterfree and Pidgeotto) and Team Rocket's Pokemon gets major spotlight here since they get separated from their trainers. We even get to see subtitles to see what they're saying! Very creative instead of having the Pokemon talk in the dub since it's impossible.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
It was actually nice to see what the Pokemon are actually saying, rather than having Meowth translating for them.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
This was a pretty wild episode for me. I was convinced that those were huge Pokemon in fact. But once they were seen as robots, I totally gave myself a relief and a nice calm facepalm. :D

Palamon

Silence is Purple
This episode was really funny and I loved it.
The gang was attacked by giant Pokemon that were not even Pokemon they were robots.
I loved the fact that Kabutops was 3 stories high.
And that bot Scott the filmer was still there.
Their Pokemon were missing (lol.)
And Giovanni was in this episode =).
Even though this episode was a 'filler' I liked it anyway because Kanto fillers are the best.
I also like the name "The island of the Giant Pokemon" it makes a lot of scene.
In the end they found out the Pokemon were for something called Pokemon land.
I love episodes like this it had so much excitement!
This episode is another one of my favorites.
Two thumbs up and a 5/5!

Last edited:

schrik

hysterical fan
truly one of the best episode in the kanto, at my opinion.

Seing pokemon cooperate by themself and get along with Team rocket's pokemon, funny!

talala

it was hilarious at the end of the episode when the boat came by and saw all the broken robots XD

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
Poor Meowth, he went through the full motto and they just turned round and said 'oh it's just Meowth'.

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
I think that it was the only episode where i seen the translation from what the pokemon where saying... Its nice that most of the team got more spotlight than usual. It kinda gives you a break from Ash..

^ I laughed so hard when they said oh its just meowth