• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Island of Giant Pokémon! (017)

S

stigy

I still remember what Charmander said to Slowpoke :
Charmander Char, Charmander, Charmander Char Char.

R

Rachael

I don't love this episode, because I'm not really into the "giant robot" thing.

That said, I love the part where they call Giovanni and he's all "You're interrupting my nap!" XD

Batdude

Old school
Ah, one of the episodes that puts Kanto ahead of the rest. Such a brilliant idea to have, letting us see how they'd cope in the wild. And the dialogue between them was great for showing us real personality for once. Bulbasaur was distant, Squirtle was outgoing and chatty, and Charmander was, well, a bit of a wimp really...

Team Rocket also had pretty good moments and lines here too. Krabby pinching their legs was funny, and when they were escaping Robo-Moltres and smacked into the sign...

*they smash into the sign*
Jessie: Good thing we hid behind this sign.
James: Maybe our luck's turning around.
*they collapse to the ground*
Together: It's a good sign!

megakevinexe

Ultimate Animator
Ah yes... Island of Giant Pokemon... This episode was one of the most memorable episodes that I ever had of this show. I remember seeing the Giant Charizards, Venusaurs, and giant Blastioses. My favorite part was the part when Team Rocket approached Pikachu, but when it turned over and moved, it was a giant Pikachu from the island. Team Rocket freaked from the Giant Pikachu. This episode was funny and memorable. I'll never forget the day I last saw this episode... :rolleyes:

Psychic Venusaur

Pokemon Master
This episode was great. I loved the idea of subtitling what the Pokemon were saying. Kanto was indeed the best arc in Pokemon. Most of the really important stuff was already mentioned, so I'l just give it a rating.

10/10

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Batdude said:
Ah, one of the episodes that puts Kanto ahead of the rest. Such a brilliant idea to have, letting us see how they'd cope in the wild. And the dialogue between them was great for showing us real personality for once. Bulbasaur was distant, Squirtle was outgoing and chatty, and Charmander was, well, a bit of a wimp really...

Team Rocket also had pretty good moments and lines here too. Krabby pinching their legs was funny, and when they were escaping Robo-Moltres and smacked into the sign...

*they smash into the sign*
Jessie: Good thing we hid behind this sign.
James: Maybe our luck's turning around.
*they collapse to the ground*
Together: It's a good sign!

You know, I always suspected that "It's a good sign" was a dub-added line, and it was - replacing their usual "Ya na kanji". No wonder it felt so lame.

I've really changed my mind on this episode - it wasn't half bad at all. In fact, they should do more episodes that focus on the exploits of Pikachu and the others. It'd be great to bring back the subtitles, for one. As you mentioned, seeing what Fushigidane, Hitokage, and Zenigame were saying allowed a little more insight to their personalities.

R

Robert

This was one of the best episodes ever. It was very unique to have subtitles, I liked the twist that the giant Pokemon were robots and they were on a tour island, and it had a lot of humor and action. It was also part of a good arc.

The only flaw: Near the end, Charmander goes into the water with the other Pokemon, something it couldn't actually do.

I still love this episode, though, and I remember it fondly. :)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I keep thinking they should have done the pokemon translations on-screen when they did "Turning Over a Nuzleaf" too, since that episode was pokemon-heavy too.

Anyway, this was a pretty funny episode. I like the part where Bulbasaur says he has no family. I also love Team Rocket telling Ash to hand over Pikachu and then backpedalling when they see the giant Pikachu behind them (LOL). :D

Mini Apocalypse

Soul Trainer
yeh that got me too. i remember thinking 'ahhh what the hell is that'. it was an intresting episode....but what was with the slopoke?...seemed kinda random to me

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Most likely, it was just to introduce us to slowpoke and slowbro. :p

master power kirby

<(^.^)> It's Kirby!
One thing I never got was why was Giovanni behind
it? Was he trying to pick up some extra cash by making
a tourist attraction or was it to hide the all the founding
for team rockets opperations.

JONNO.FRESH

the whole robot thing was pretty lame imo. Slowpoke and Slowbro where pretty random as said before. Rather pointless epi imo 3/10

Reece

I love this episode, its one of the best imo. It was the first time we (sorta) was Zapdos and Moltres, and the subtitles for the Pokemon was awesome.

RamOne

Grass Freak
Very cool only it's weird that the Pokemon didn't attack. The subtitles are cool too.

Last edited:

Kabuto

little punks!
I'm sure this episode gets enough praise as it is, but it truly was a masterpiece. Having the subtitles underneath really gave the pokemon personality. Something they should've done in other episodes but didn't. I also liked the mechanical pokemon, superb episode.