• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Island of Giant Pokémon! (017)

CharmanderKing

Mii,myself and...Wii
This episode is still my favourite episode ever. Yes I agree we need subtitles more (that's one of the reason's it was funny). We even got to see personality for all the pokemon that we can't see without subtitles such as charmander having a very caring personality. I think the only flaw here was having a giant Pikachu and when everyone fell in the water shouldn't it have affected charmander. Either then thos two things this episode was perfect in so many ways.

Last edited:

Some_Random_Person

Abort, Retry, Fail?
This episode is one of the funniest I have ever seen. I like the Pokemon subtitles. When I was little, the giant Pokemon scared me but I realized they were mechanical. I enjoyed watching the roller-coaster ride in this episode.

Some_Random_Person

Abort, Retry, Fail?
I just noticed...the Pokemon subtitles sort of remind me of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. In Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Pokemon can actually talk to each other a lot. In this episode, the Pokemon talk to each other a lot, except it's with subtitles.

Cenzo

Red: True Master
Squirtle made this episode for me. "Maybe they got eaten by wild Pokemon."

Cenzo

Red: True Master
It is a real shame they never made another episode like this.

I mean they have, but they don't have any subtitles. :/

Why don't they do ones like this? This was probably the funniest episode ever, IMO.

Alex

fyl
I Personally think that this is one of the best episodes. I love how the Pokemon had Subtitles. I just thought it was a really great episode. I LMAO when Squirtle did that "eaten" thing. XD

Battra

An exciting episode, I really enjoyed it. I like the whole giant Pokemon and the Pokemon getting separated from their trainers, it's good that Pikachu and the others got subtitles when they were talking it really gave them character to bad we never get subtitles again in the series for the Pokemon we have to rely on Meowth to translate. Watching TR was funny I laughed when they decided to do their motto over the telephone to Giovanni, really thats a good way of getting your self's fired and when they encountered Pikachu and it turned out to be Bigachu hilarious. I enjoyed seeing the Pokemon at the sushi cart to bad it got edited I would've liked to seen the whole thing.

Gage18

Cascade Trainer
One of the best episode. The subtitles, giant Pokemon and everything was quite hilarious. So, I give it a...................

Gage18

Cascade Trainer
One of the best episode. The subtitles, giant Pokemon and everything was quite hilarious. So, I give it a:
10/10!!

Through the subtitles, you are able to see the difference in the trainers of the pokémon. Pikachu, Bulbasaur etc were pretty 'well spoken', whereas Ekans and Koffing's grammar was really poor, through a lack of interaction and 'time well spent' with Jessie and James.
I enjoyed this episode, but wonder why these Giant Pokémon that are there for amusement, attack visitors? Surely that would bring some kind of lawsuit back on Giovanni eventually if anyone ever got hurt?
Why was there a Zapdos and Moltres, but no Articuno I also wonder...?

iraqmaster

A very good episode, I have it on tape. It was nice hearing the pokemon talk.

But my issues are:

1. Those robots must be several tons in weight, and so would need an incredible amount of pull to move them. How is it that a flimsy little mine cart that weighs much less than them is able to pull 6+ at the same time?!

Bling King

Doesn't post often
iraqmaster said:
Those robots must be several tons in weight, and so would need an incredible amount of pull to move them. How is it that a flimsy little mine cart that weighs much less than them is able to pull 6+ at the same time?!

With the power of lulz.

Hooray4Homestar

Don't die, ketchup!
This episode was one of the strangest ones I've ever seen until I realized the Pokemon were just robots.

Heracross

Custom User Title
I enjoyed this episode, but wonder why these Giant Pokémon that are there for amusement, attack visitors? Surely that would bring some kind of lawsuit back on Giovanni eventually if anyone ever got hurt?
Why was there a Zapdos and Moltres, but no Articuno I also wonder...?
Well, there were sections of the park that were off limits, perhaps there was a secret Rocket operation hidden somewhere on the island. What better way to protect it than enormous bloodthirsty robots?