• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Island Time! (401)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Island Time

On the way to Evergrande City, Ash & Co. have problems on a plane and have to land on an island. However Team Rocket are with them and causing problems in their usual manner and they get away. With the help of a guy and his Wailmer/Wailord, they chase after Team Rocket. Will they get Pikachu back?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

JazzJazz

Diod we end up seeing Evergrande City at the end of this episode?

Golden Darkness

Spikeshell Trainer
Diod we end up seeing Evergrande City at the end of this episode?

Nope.

Anyway, here's a gist of the episode:

Ash and co basically board a plane that is run by Team Rocket, headed for Evergrande City. Even though Team Rocket manages to separate Pikachu from Ash and co, bad weather forces the plane to crash on a mostly deserted island. Mostly destered because there's a guy who's been stranded there for quite some time and his Wailmer pal. Face with the prospect of being stranded, everyone works to turn the wreckage of the plane into a speedboat. However Team Rocket doublecrosses everyone as usual and takes off in the boat with Pikachu. Unforunately for them, their wasn't enough fuel to make their escape, and the boat, crack upon being dragged in one of the whirlpools surrounding the island. This is then followed by a Pokemon battle, in which Wailmer evolved to Wailord and Team Rocket blasting off again. Ash and co along with the guy ride the Wailord to a passenger ship headed for Evergrande City. It is there they part ways, with the guy leaving with Wailord.

Also the ending credits updated, with Glalie replacing Snorunt in all relevant shots.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Golden Darkness said:
Nope.Also the ending credits updated, with Glalie replacing Snorunt in all relevant shots.
Ah, so am I to assume it was fully animated in the scene with Ash and all his other pokémon? Or did they get lazy, pull a Munchlax and slap in a random still shot from a previous episode?

And on the subject of Glalie...any screen-time this episode?

Golden Darkness

Spikeshell Trainer
Gravy said:
Ah, so am I to assume it was fully animated in the scene with Ash and all his other pokémon? Or did they get lazy, pull a Munchlax and slap in a random still shot from a previous episode?

And on the subject of Glalie...any screen-time this episode?

Glalie's appearance in the credits was animated.

As for within the episode, it only appeared when the gang was building the escape craft.

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
Gravy, let me be the first to say your sig officially rocks. XD

Well the plot wasn't as good as the title suggested, but it still sounds interesting. Nice to see Wailmer and Wailord got a proper debut in the anime (Wailmer only got some cameos, and Wailord's episode was more about the Houen starters). I hope we get to see the group's Pokemon some more in this episode. I miss seeing the rest of Ash's team. :/

Flygone

Volcano Trainer
I guess this was a standard filler. The plot wasn't too spectacular, but I liked Wailmer. This episode really reminded me of the blimp episode, especially when they flew in a storm. You'd think they would think of something more original, but if they are keeping the good stuff until the league starts, it's fine with me.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This looks like a pretty interesting episode, just by the pictures. Sure they've used the "Team Rocket flies Team Twerp to their next destination and try to capture them" plot point before (I think this now the fourth time- "A Scare in the Air", "Pokeball Peril", and "The Princess and the Togepi"), but at least this time Team Rocket and the twerps actually spend some quality time together afterwards. I always like that. :D Chimecho's really cute in its brief appearance too. :)

It'll be interesting to see what they call the island guy in this movie. Maybe they'll do a "Lost" name, even if it goes over kids' heads.

Flygone

Volcano Trainer
Kojiro said:
We also see Glalie eating with the other Pokemon, but NO one looked surprised to see a new Glalie.
You don't know what happens off screen, they might have met already.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Ah, who cares. At least we get to witness Glalie in one of my favorite pasttimes of the Hoenn Saga: Leisure time!

Did Wailord use Water Spout? Please tell me it did.

Also, this is a little funny. Remember back, when many people assumed that the gang would be traveling Hoenn's waters via a Wailord? Well it looks like that wasn't fully abolished.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Jessie, james, Meowth, Seviper, Cacnea, and Wobba all climbed up on Wailmer. Wailmer evolved, TR smiled probably because they could capture it easily, it then blasts them off.

EDIT: Yeah V, I love it as well when they show all of the Pokemon eating together, they barely did that in Johto. I just wish TR's Pokemon would eat with them too.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Does anyone know what the odd thing on Robin's (the castaway) forehead was? I heard it had something to do with a Venonat disguise but still what was it? A sponge? And why was he disguised as a Venonat?

Alfonso

Derpgull
Pokemon Fan said:
Does anyone know what the odd thing on Robin's (the castaway) forehead was? I heard it had something to do with a Venonat disguise but still what was it? A sponge? And why was he disguised as a Venonat?

I don't think it was a Venonat disguise... just something on his head that made him look like a Venonat. I suggest it's one of those things some people put over their eyes when they go to sleep. You know, those. :p

That, or Robin (You deserve to be smacked if you don't get it.) is just a weirdo that puts... women's... things... on his head. :p 'Cause it did look like one of those liner things. :0

TeddiUrsa

Alfonso said:
That, or Robin (You deserve to be smacked if you don't get it.) is just a weirdo that puts... women's... things... on his head. :p 'Cause it did look like one of those liner things. :0

what do you expect? he is there for years...or months? I don´t really know..the main point is that there aren´t any women on the island...soo..use common sense ^^" ( he seemed like a rich playboy in his flashback)

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
Golden Darkness said:
bad weather forces the plane to crash on a mostly deserted island.
Actually, the weather had nothing to do with the forced landing. The problem was that Jessie hadn't bought nearly enough fuel.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Murgatroyd said:
Actually, the weather had nothing to do with the forced landing. The problem was that Jessie hadn't bought nearly enough fuel.

...What? I was under the impression that she did, but when James/Kojiro told her to put the 'fuel in the plane', she did just that: Literally placed the fuel in the plane, and not the engine.

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
Alfonso said:
...What? I was under the impression that she did, but when James/Kojiro told her to put the 'fuel in the plane', she did just that: Literally placed the fuel in the plane, and not the engine.
The responses when she pointed to the fuel can:
Kojiro: Only one?!?
Nyasu: That's nowhere near enough!!!