• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Island Time! (401)

El Cool

Well, I'm glad Glalie APPEARED, even if it didn't get to do anything.

Also, in Glory Day, did anyone notice Glalie looked a lot smaller than usual?

TeddiUrsa

Alfonso said:
...What? I was under the impression that she did, but when James/Kojiro told her to put the 'fuel in the plane', she did just that: Literally placed the fuel in the plane, and not the engine.

I thought that too and found it pretty funny ^^" I hope they change it in the dub :p

Bet they don't! This is what I think it will be like:

James: Jessie, please put that fuel in the plane, or I'll send out Cacnea and have him hug you!
<jessie puts the fuel in the engine>
James: Ahh, that's not where you put the gas.
Jessie: Well we are EVIL you know, sabotage is my middle name!

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
What was up with Meowths claw catching on flames during that scene.

And, I deserved to be smacked because I don't get the Robin thing.

And the guy was not disguised as a venonat, Max said "Konpan?" so he mistaked him for one.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Kojiro said:
And, I deserved to be smacked because I don't get the Robin thing.
*smacks* Robinson Caruso (bad spelling I bet), the famous castaway of literature. ^_^

And the guy was not disguised as a venonat, Max said "Konpan?" so he mistaked him for one.
Then it's still unknown what the heck that thing on his forehead is supposed to be? I can't even tell how it stays on, it didn't look like there was a strap or anything holding it there.

charizardpal

Gmaster Charizardpal
Say heres a thought? If trainers had pokemon that could fly, then why would they need to invent planes? I'm glad that Ash actually has flown in a plane now though. Was it a bush plane, or a turbine jet? I'm guessing its a small one, like a cessna right? Not open-cockpit probablly too. Well *Cheers, I hope Misty comes back in the next few episodes*

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
charizardpal said:
Say heres a thought? If trainers had pokemon that could fly, then why would they need to invent planes?
There are many reasons. Most people don't have a flying Pokemon large enough to fly them, most flying Pokemon would be a good deal slower than an airplane, and a flying Pokemon can carry only a few people at most, a plane can hold many.

S

squirtletheturtle

Was mays Skitty fetured at all wink wink

Last edited by a moderator:

charizardpal

Gmaster Charizardpal
Pokemon Fan said:
There are many reasons. Most people don't have a flying Pokemon large enough to fly them, most flying Pokemon would be a good deal slower than an airplane, and a flying Pokemon can carry only a few people at most, a plane can hold many.

Well, I see the ultimate result, but you seem to be assuming that the multi-billion dollar research, needed to produce, multi-engine passenger jet plane would be produced naturally and quickly. The fact is, in this world, technology would probablly stagnate in Aeronotics (sp), I mean why would men bother to produce the unreliable, primative equivilant of the Wright Brothers aircraft
when that fearrow already gave pleasure flights, and could be bred at a reasonably low cost. Btw, each space-shuttle columbia costs billions of dollars, and for a while during the space race 10 percent of the US economy was funneled into the nasa programs. Thats a huge ammount of money and resources; if we assume that th epokemon world has anywhere near that kind of economic muscle...well it just seems unlikely to happen, especially when there are no airports in the Hoenn games. See my drift?

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
squirtletheturtle said:
Was mays Skitty fetured at all wink wink

Knowing "super" Skitty they would have gotten off that island in five seconds, and Satoshi would have won the Houen League in one day if it was. XD;

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
charizardpal said:
Well, I see the ultimate result, but you seem to be assuming that the multi-billion dollar research, needed to produce, multi-engine passenger jet plane would be produced naturally and quickly. The fact is, in this world, technology would probablly stagnate in Aeronotics (sp), I mean why would men bother to produce the unreliable, primative equivilant of the Wright Brothers aircraft
when that fearrow already gave pleasure flights, and could be bred at a reasonably low cost. Btw, each space-shuttle columbia costs billions of dollars, and for a while during the space race 10 percent of the US economy was funneled into the nasa programs. Thats a huge ammount of money and resources; if we assume that th epokemon world has anywhere near that kind of economic muscle...well it just seems unlikely to happen, especially when there are no airports in the Hoenn games. See my drift?
I don't know, I understand what you're saying but it doesn't seem practical. Sure, maybe Spearow could be produced in large quantities at a relatively low costs, but relatively few of them would evolve on their own and it would likely take a good amount of time. And in such cases you would have a bunch of large, hungry creatures who were never trained.

To train each one individually would be something most trainers wouldn't want unless the Pokemon was their own. And knowing how many Pokemon think, they wouldn't allow someone on their back unless it was their trainer, friend or their trainer told them to let the person on.

And people seem to have a basic desire in many cases to fly on their own. I can just see a Poke world Wright brother thinking "there has to be a way for humans to fly without Pokemon."

Aside from that, people seem very generous in the Pokemon world, far more than is usual in ours, perhaps a lot of money for many things could come from donations and gifts from the various eccentric rich people. ^_^

Of course, the ultimate answer is "because the writers say so." ^_^

J

Joe_Pokemon20000

charizardpal said:
Say heres a thought? If trainers had pokemon that could fly, then why would they need to invent planes? I'm glad that Ash actually has flown in a plane now though. Was it a bush plane, or a turbine jet? I'm guessing its a small one, like a cessna right? Not open-cockpit probablly too. Well *Cheers, I hope Misty comes back in the next few episodes*
Well, it sounds like the TV show Lost to me. Anyway, it was a turboprop plane. I'll be flying to Tokyo later on. Rating: 30. What a good episode. It has planes on it, an Flying Pokemon is only my thing. The plane crash is an Absol-ute disaster. Also, were running out of petrol this time.

Each space-shuttle costs billions of dollars, and for a while during the space race 10 percent of the US economy was funneled into the NASA programs.

Well, you're talking about the episode I know, it's still Rocket roll to me!. Another weird Pokemon World, I guess. Spearows could be produced in large quantities at a relatively low costs, but relatively few of them would evolve on their own and it would likely take a good amount of time. And in such cases you would have a bunch of large, hungry creatures who were never trained.

What's that? It isn't right? Sorry about that. As for now, bye!

Samayowa

you amaze me.
Looks like it'll be good...can't wait!

Diamond and Pearl

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This episode was decent enough, although I lauged when Robin decided to return to the island. Doesn't he want some new clothes at least? LOL.

Team Rocket were really low in this episode, ready to strand Ash and co. on the island to make their get away. It shows that they can be downright dirty when they want to be.

Not much else to say here other than seeing Walimer/Wailord, so eh.

Ralts Master

Knight of White Eye
I can't help but think that they wasted this episode on a pointless filler when they could have made the Hoenn League one episode longer...

G

Geki

Pretty awesome episode, I loved the island and Wailord. I don't see why he went back to the island after he was rescued after all those years, but I guess it's because he wanted to stay with Wailord.

8/10

Medea

Excalibur
Boy oh boy, that episode bored me to tears. But one good thing I can say about this episode is that we get to see Wailord again and it has been a while since it last appeared if I'm right.

Omg just put it in a pokeball or something.Go back to a stranded island with Wailord pfff.Also no food meh.x.x

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
There are less than 10 episodes in Hoenn's entirety that absolutely bore me to tears. This is one of them, ranking up there with the likes of the Plusle/Minun episodes, the Shuppet one, and the Linoone one. Trainer of the day was boring, so his idiotic decision to return to the desolate island serves him right, as nobody is going to miss him.

Though I'm surprised that even though Wailmer was one of the first R/S Pokes introduced, it took nearly 130 episodes into AG to be properly introduced (meaning no cameos), one of the final 5 for that matter (Kinda like Slowking in Johto).

onix lord

After seeing this episode, it finally hit me that Team Rocket is really really annoying. But I liked how the one guy (Robin I think it was, maybe a pun off of Robinson Crusoe?) went back to the island with his Wailord. Overall, cool filler.