• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Isn't hard to get a Female starter?

my female was torchick

Thyplosionmaster

it's a very DarkMoon
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
I have all starters in female form.

Skylink

Epitome of Eloquence
I think it's because when you breed you get the female as the pokemon with one of the male's moves. I guess they want to make it hard to reproduce starters on your own. (Right? I'm not an expert breeder but I think I read that somewhere.)

Mogtaki

ZOMG!
Yeah you need a female to breed and produce another starter pokemon without Ditto so it would make it harder ^^;

I have two females, a Torchic and Charmander :D

hevver

Heart of Darkness
Yeah you need a female to breed and produce another starter pokemon without Ditto so it would make it harder ^^;

I have two females, a Torchic and Charmander :D

I think you can breed them even if they
are males. I did this in my ruby and it seems
to work.

Mogtaki

ZOMG!
You can't without the same pokemon. The female produces the egg so the baby will be the same breed as the female (unless a ditto because it is genderless)

hevver

Heart of Darkness
You can't without the same pokemon. The female produces the egg so the baby will be the same breed as the female (unless a ditto because it is genderless)

oh sorry.
let me clarify it.
I meant with a ditto.
Not with the same pokemon.

=]

Mogtaki

ZOMG!
I already said that you needed a Ditto when you replied to it! You should read before making posts like that; it's noobish.

hevver

Heart of Darkness
I already said that you needed a Ditto when you replied to it! You should read before making posts like that; it's noobish.

I meant to be implying with my previous post.
the thing when I said I breeded pokemon in my ruby?
I meant to say I breeded with a ditto.
I was well aware about you saying ditto.

(people can read a statement and get a
thousand of ideas on what it means.)

Cipher Admin Xaos

Dust to Dust
My first starter for the 3rd gen, Treecko, was a Female :eek:

CallMeCrazy123

The Master of Pie
It IS hard to get a female starter. According to the Nintendo Power Strategy Guides, the chances of a male are 87.5% and the chance of a female is 12.5%. This is true for ALL starters.

although it is said to be harder to get female starter but I realized my Hikozaru;392; was a female one, since I didn't do this on purpose just lucky.

Keegan™

although it is said to be harder to get female starter but I realized my Hikozaru;392; was a female one, since I didn't do this on purpose just lucky.

The picture you have of your "Hikozaru" is really a Goukazaru. :D And it doesn't matter what gender you have a male can reproduce as easy as a female can. :D

Xeice

At your expense
I'm not sure about exact statistic-wise, but I know that it's much harder to get a female started than a male started......

Numba1PokeFan

I restarted my Emerald just a yesterday. I just now checked my starters gender and it was a female Mudkip which is now a Marshtomp.