• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Israel Attacks Gaza - At Least 170 Killed

BigLutz

Banned
What the... hell

What do you expect people to do when you are attacking their brothers and taking over their land? sit back and relax?

First as others have said the current conflict isn't about land. Second Yes I expect Iran to sit back like Egypt and silently pray for Israel to win. Hamas is a cancer, a blight upon the Middle East. Egypt and alot of other Arab nations know this. The only reason why Iran is acting the way they are, is because Hamas is a extended terrorist arm of Iran.

Israel is always attacking Palestinian areas and occupying over their land. Now you don't want to defend themselves either?

A: Hamas started this war.

B: Israel is always attacking because Palestinians tend to come over and blow themselves up in cafes, and bus stops, which by the way tends to be a act of war, as well as launching rockets and missiles at civilian centers, with their main target not being military targets but Apartment Buildings and Shops. Not to mention Israel has gotten that land through various wars started by the Palestinians and other Arab Countries.

And in what Ayatollah Khamenei said, didn't you read the word "defend"? Its not attacking the Israel, its defending our Palestinian brothers against their ****ing attacks.

Funny how the world "Defend" spoken by Iran and terrorists usually means the suicide bombing of Israeli Cafe's and Bus Stations.

Don't think I'm defending Hamas, I'm defending Palestinian civilians.

Yes right now you are defending Hamas' actions, but you have gone further you are defending the potential actions of suicide bombers, terrorists. That is pretty low.

LOL......They have taken over almost all of the Palestinian territory in the past and there is none left for them to take over now. LOL....This. Is. A. Fact. And. Not. An. Opinion.

Except Babylon is talking about this current Campaign and how Israel has no plans to occupy Gaza. Try to follow along.

EDIT: If you compare the maps of Israel and Palestine from the past to those of the present, it will prove my point.

You are exactly right!

Now how about you explain to us how Israel acquired that land. And if you do not, I promise you I WILL.

Edit: Also as much as you like to whine and moan about Israel taking Palestinian land. You should remember that in August 2005. Ariel Sharon unilaterally withdrew from the Gaza Strip, forcing over 9,000 settlers from their homes and abandoning the plot of land to Israel’s immediate south which had until that point been serving as a geographic buffer against attack. All in a attempt to end the violence and to bring about peace. Since then 6,300 Rockets have been fired out of Gaza, wounding nearly 800 Israelis, and possibly killing many more if it wasn't for Bomb Shelters and crappy aiming. Cities close to Gaza now have to have concrete umbrellas around their playgrounds to prevent the children from being killed by rocket attacks.

Last edited:

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Edit: Also as much as you like to whine and moan about Israel taking Palestinian land. You should remember that in August 2005. Ariel Sharon unilaterally withdrew from the Gaza Strip, forcing over 9,000 settlers from their homes and abandoning the plot of land to Israel’s immediate south which had until that point been serving as a geographic buffer against attack. All in a attempt to end the violence and to bring about peace. Since then 6,300 Rockets have been fired out of Gaza, wounding nearly 800 Israelis, and possibly killing many more if it wasn't for Bomb Shelters and crappy aiming. Cities close to Gaza now have to have concrete umbrellas around their playgrounds to prevent the children from being killed by rocket attacks.

This is good information. Thanks, man. I always knew that **** was going down, but I didn't know how bad the conditions around this area were.

By the way, update on some of the goings-on (from CNN): http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/01/06/israel.gaza/index.html

GAZA CITY (CNN) -- The Israeli military stepped up its offensive in Gaza Tuesday, surrounding densely populated Gaza City with its ground forces after at least 50 air strikes pounded the region overnight.

The United Nations said one Israeli air attack struck an elementary school in Gaza City where hundreds of Palestinians had taken shelter, killing three men.

The United Nations Relief and Works Agency said Asma Elementary school was clearly marked as a U.N. installation. It said over 400 people had been given shelter at the school when it was hit Monday night.

"Well before the current fighting, UNRWA had given to the Israeli authorities the GPS (global positioning system) co-ordinates of all its installations in Gaza, including Asma Elementary School," the agency said in a news release.

"UNRWA is strongly protesting these killings to the Israeli authorities and is calling for an immediate and impartial investigation," it added.

Other air strikes hit the homes of people linked to Hamas, including the Wadi family in Jabalya, Hamas security sources said. Eight people were killed in that strike. An overnight air strike hit the Jabalya home of Imad Siam, one of the leaders of Hamas' military wing. Another attack hit the home of a Hamas-affiliated family in Gaza City, killing at least three, according to an eyewitnesses.

Israel claimed Tuesday to have killed 130 Hamas fighters since beginning a ground offensive at the weekend.

As its forces continued to encircle Gaza City -- which has a population of about half a million people -- European diplomats swarmed into the region trying to pull together the elements for a cease-fire. But neither Israel or Hamas has showed any real interest in international calls for a truce.

Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert told French President Nicholas Sarkozy Monday that Israel wanted a "full solution" to the conflict, not just a cease-fire that allowed Hamas to fortify itself, Mark Regev, Olmert's spokesman said.

"Before the last cease-fire with Hamas began, Hamas had missiles with a range of 20 kilometers," Regev said Tuesday. "By the end of the cease-fire, the range of the missiles grew to 40 kilometers. Israel does not want the next cease-fire to allow them to get missiles with a range of 60 kilometers."

A Hamas rocket penetrated farther than ever before into Israel on Tuesday, landing in the town of Gadera, about 36 kilometers (23 miles) north of the Gaza border, the Israeli military said. On Monday, a rocket hit a kindergarten in Ashdod, about 26 kilometers (16 miles) north of Gaza.

Hamas had fired 30 rockets at Israel by Tuesday afternoon, the Israeli military said. Hamas spokesman Abu Obeida warned Israel that the militants would continue rocket attacks "for many months" and vowed to strike deeper into Israeli territory.

Three Israeli soldiers were killed in northern Gaza late Monday in a "friendly fire" incident involving an explosion from a tank shell that hit a building the troops were in, bringing the Israeli troop deaths from the Gaza ground operation to five, the military said. Two dozen troops were wounded in the explosion -- one critical, three severely.

With no end in sight to the conflict, the humanitarian situation has deteriorated. Hundreds of wounded people swarmed into Gaza's largest hospital and scores of Gazans headed for the morgues -- where two bodies are crammed into each drawer.

"Everybody here is terrorized by the situation," John Ging, the director of the U.N. Relief and Works Agency in Gaza told CNN, from Gaza City. "There's no place that you can be safe if you're a civilian here. It's not safe in your home."

The Israeli military said another 80 trucks with humanitarian aid would be allowed to pass into Gaza on Tuesday at the Kerem Shalom crossing

According to Palestinian medical sources, at least 23 people were killed in Gaza on Tuesday, bringing the Palestinian death toll to 555 since Israel launched its operation on December 27. Most of the deaths are militants, but include at least 100 civilians, the sources said. Another 2,750 Palestinians have been injured, most of them civilians, the sources said.

The Israeli ground assault was launched Saturday night. Israel says it is the second phase of an operation to stop militants from firing rockets and mortars into southern Israel.

The incursion followed eight days of air strikes on the territory to stop the rocket attacks, which have killed four Israelis since the military operation began.

chimkong

Second Yes I expect Iran to sit back like Egypt and silently pray for Israel to win. Hamas is a cancer, a blight upon the Middle East. Egypt and alot of other Arab nations know this. The only reason why Iran is acting the way they are, is because Hamas is a extended terrorist arm of Iran.

Just like u expect Iran to 'sit back and relax'. I also expect UN and Western countries to stop interfering in the matter and let the 'Bad Boyz' finish the job...LOL..how about that?
Hamas isn't an extended arm of Iran. Just provide one statement by an Iranian leader and/or an Ayatollah in which they have said that they are backing-up Hamas.

Funny how the world "Defend" spoken by Iran and terrorists usually means the suicide bombing of Israeli Cafe's and Bus Stations.
If someone says something in one meaning, and the other take it in the other meaning, it's not first person's fault, now is it?

Now how about you explain to us how Israel acquired that land. And if you do not, I promise you I WILL
Ok, go ahead and show the world how forcely and terroristly Israel has killed the native people to occupy the land..

Other things later...so long

BigLutz

Banned
By the way, update on some of the goings-on (from CNN): http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/01/06/israel.gaza/index.html

Horrible Horrible event, made worse by the fact that has come out that Hamas was using it as a area to launch rockets. And with all the media coverage it has gotten that will only embolden Hamas to use even more schools.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090106/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_palestinians

Just like u expect Iran to 'sit back and relax'. I also expect UN and Western countries to stop interfering in the matter and let the 'Bad Boyz' finish the job...LOL..how about that?

Yep just like me to expect Iran to act like a responsible nation, silly me for expecting that out of Iran. Then again as shown below, Iran has a vested interest in Hamas.

Also if you notice the UN and Western Countries are only calling for a cease fire, nothing more. If you want Israel and Hamas to slug it out that's fine, it will end up with the destruction of Hamas.

Hamas isn't an extended arm of Iran. Just provide one statement by an Iranian leader and/or an Ayatollah in which they have said that they are backing-up Hamas.

Hmm okay, here is one.

A top Revolutionary Guards commander has said Iran is supplying weapons to "liberation armies" in the Middle East, a state-run news agency reported - the first official confirmation the country provides weapons to armed groups in the region.

Here is another.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad vowed Friday to keep supporting the Palestinian militant group Hamas until the "collapse of Israel."

Here is another.

"We do support Hizbullah and Hamas, that is right," Ali Larijani, the chairman of Iran's Supreme National Security Council

Here is another.

A Palestinian source has said that the Iranian general nabbed in Gaza by Palestinian security officers supervised the manufacturing weapons and explosives for Hamas.

Shall I continue?

If someone says something in one meaning, and the other take it in the other meaning, it's not first person's fault, now is it?

Except the reason I am taking it as the other meaning is because of the past use of the word in the Middle East by Radical countries and groups. The word "Defend" used by radical countries and groups usually ends up with a bunch of suicide bombings in Israel against Civilian Areas with no military value. Not my fault that they like to twist phrases.

For example from the Iran interview above.

"We do support Hizbullah and Hamas; that is right. But these two are not terrorist groups. These are the two groups that are defending their own land"

Now what does Hamas do to defend their own land? Well they use Suicide Bombers against Israel Civilian Locations, and they shell and launch Rockets against Israel Civilian locations.

But hey obviously he is using the wrong meaning of "Defend" right?

Ok, go ahead and show the world how forcely and terroristly Israel has killed the native people to occupy the land..

Well lets take a little history lesson since you refuse to elaborate. Most of Israel's land was gained through wars, so lets look at some of the wars.

1948 Arab-Israeli War other wise know as the War for Independence.

With the creation of Israel, five of the seven Arab League countries invaded Israel, these countries were Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Syria, backed with Saudi Arabian and Yemenite contingents. These countries were the aggressors and started the war.

So we have the Arab League starting this war, lets look at the next one.

Six-Day War

War brought about by Egypt blockading the Straits of Tiran, something the UN pretty much agreed was international waters, keeping Israel from being able to ship in there. As well as Egypt and Syria beginning to launch a attack on Israel. Bringing about Israel to strike first once it was clear that Egypt was preparing to invade them.

And finally.

Yom Kippur Wa

War that began with Israel offering the return of land gained during the Six Day War, in return for peace. While Egypt and Syria wanted the land back, they eventually decided. "no peace, no recognition and no negotiation with Israel". This led to months of Egypt preparing and threatening war, even saying that they were prepared to "sacrifice one million Egyptian soldiers". When Egypt found out they weren't going to get much if any Soviet help, they decided to attack Israel along with Syria's "Operation Badr". On the holiday of Yom Kippur, when most soldiers would be away from the military bases, and what is considered the holiest Jewish Holiday. The two countries launched a cowardly and disgusting attack.

So I think I covered the main three, while I could go into detail of all of them, these are the three that stick out the most really. Each one we see some of the biggest Arab countries, wanting to go in and completely wipe out Israel as a country. Each time the countries are pushed back, a cease fire is drafted, and Israel gains land won in the war.

Last edited:

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
If Israel wanted they could just clear the land, wait a few years for the dust to settle, then move right in.

The fact that they are willing to not go all out offensive against Gaza shows that they do care for the lives of civilians. The missiles that have been shot at Israel from Gaza shows that they do not care about the lives of Israelis.

To point to past things: If civilians hadn't lost their lives in WWII, the Allies would have lost, for the Nazis showed no such restraint. For an analogy: You and a 'friend' have a wi-fi battle. He uses an AR for max stats (999) across the board, in what you had previously agreed would be a level 5 match.

The difference here is that lives are at stake, not pride.

Go Israel!

~Magic Thunderbolt~

Agreed; Israel has been merciful to these Arabs. If it used its military might it would lose some country's support but it would certainly say Don't tread on me" or something.

Freezeydakilla

Hardcore Ice Lover!
Horrible Horrible event, made worse by the fact that has come out that Hamas was using it as a area to launch rockets. And with all the media coverage it has gotten that will only embolden Hamas to use even more schools.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090106/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_palestinians

I expect Iran to do that, and behave as the other Middle Eastern countries are. Then again as shown below, Iran has a vested interest in Hamas.

Also if you notice the UN and Western Countries are only calling for a cease fire, nothing more. If you want Israel and Hamas to shrug it out that's fine, it will end up with the destruction of Hamas.

Hmm okay, here is one.

A top Revolutionary Guards commander has said Iran is supplying weapons to "liberation armies" in the Middle East, a state-run news agency reported - the first official confirmation the country provides weapons to armed groups in the region.

Here is another.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad vowed Friday to keep supporting the Palestinian militant group Hamas until the "collapse of Israel."

Here is another.

"We do support Hizbullah and Hamas, that is right," Ali Larijani, the chairman of Iran's Supreme National Security Council

Here is another.

A Palestinian source has said that the Iranian general nabbed in Gaza by Palestinian security officers supervised the manufacturing weapons and explosives for Hamas.

Shall I continue?

Except the reason I am taking it as the other meaning is because of the past use of the word in the Middle East by Radical countries and groups. The word "Defend" used by radical countries and groups usually ends up with a bunch of suicide bombings in Israel against Civilian Areas with no military value. Not my fault that they like to twist phrases.

For example from the Iran interview above.

"We do support Hizbullah and Hamas; that is right. But these two are not terrorist groups. These are the two groups that are defending their own land"

Now what does Hamas do to defend their own land? Well they use Suicide Bombers against Israel Civilian Locations, and they shell and launch Rockets against Israel Civilian locations.

But hey obviously he is using the wrong meaning of "Defend" right?

Well lets take a little history lesson since you refuse to elaborate. Most of Israel's land was gained through wars, so lets look at some of the wars.

1948 Arab-Israeli War other wise know as the War for Independence.

With the creation of Israel, five of the seven Arab League countries invaded Israel, these countries were Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Syria, backed with Saudi Arabian and Yemenite contingents. These countries were the aggressors and started the war.

So we have the Arab League starting this war, lets look at the next one.

Six-Day War

War brought about by Egypt blockading the Straits of Tiran, something the UN pretty much agreed was international waters, keeping Israel from being able to ship in there. As well as Egypt and Syria beginning to launch a attack on Israel. Bringing about Israel to strike first once it was clear that Egypt was preparing to invade them.

And finally.

Yom Kippur Wa

War that began with Israel offering the return of land gained during the Six Day War, in return for peace. While Egypt and Syria wanted the land back, they eventually decided. "no peace, no recognition and no negotiation with Israel". This led to months of Egypt preparing and threatening war, even saying that they were prepared to "sacrifice one million Egyptian soldiers". When Egypt found out they weren't going to get much if any Soviet help, they decided to attack Israel along with Syria's "Operation Badr". On the holiday of Yom Kippur, when most soldiers would be away from the military bases, and what is considered the holiest Jewish Holiday. The two countries launched a cowardly and disgusting attack.

So I think I covered the main three, while I could go into detail of all of them, these are the three that stick out the most really. Each one we see some of the biggest Arab countries, wanting to go in and completely wipe out Israel as a country. Each time the countries are pushed back, a cease fire is drafted, and Israel gains land won in the war.

WOW! I never looked into how much Israel has been attacked...Now I see why they are attacking in defense so easily now.

DarkPsychoBoost

Future World Emperor
Israeli soldiers DO attack civilians deliberately. The death toll has reached 700 with thousands injured and most of them are civilians.

Terrorists can never be bombed into submission. Afghanistan is an example. This attack will only send more suicide bombers to Israel.

Speaking of terrorists, Israel has stockpiled nuclear weapons. So how come it's not a "terrorist state" yet?

BigLutz

Banned
Israeli soldiers DO attack civilians deliberately. The death toll has reached 700 with thousands injured and most of them are civilians.

Actually last I heard most of them were Hamas members. The Death Toll was around 500 with about a 100 Civilians killed, seeing how even if Israel strictly killed 200 Civilians with absolutely no Hamas members, that still wouldn't make "Most" of them Civilians. And even more it's absolutely stupid to say Israel targets civilians when they have avoided Civilian Targets with the exception being that they are used cowardly as rocket launching points by Hamas. Aka using the Civilians as Human Shields.

Terrorists can never be bombed into submission. Afghanistan is an example. This attack will only send more suicide bombers to Israel.

They don't have to be bombed into submission, just wiped out.

Speaking of terrorists, Israel has stockpiled nuclear weapons. So how come it's not a "terrorist state" yet?

Because having nuclear weapons doesn't make you a terrorist state?

DarkPsychoBoost

Future World Emperor
Iraq was suspected of having nukes and was attacked, now Iran is being threatened for it's nuclear programme. What gave Israel the right?

The only thing that can "wipe out" terrorists is a nuclear attack (tons of them). There won't be any terrorists if there is no one left alive.

Last edited:

Freezeydakilla

Hardcore Ice Lover!
Iraq was suspected of having nukes and was attacked, now Iran is being threatened for it's nuclear programme. What gave Israel the right?

The only thing that can "wipe out" terrorists is a nuclear attack (tons of them). There won't be any terrorists if there is no one left alive.

well thats because some nations are very hostile and if they had nukes the world would be in trouble.

and a nuclear attack wont wipe out terrorist as you think. because terrorism is like a movement that spreads to those who are weak minded,angry,so they follow along with it.its kind of like a bad drug addiction.

anyways good news for the "Real Civilians" In gaza,Israel will not attack for 3 hours every day to allow aid in for them. =]

the bad thing is,Hamas will more than likely use this time to regroup,rest up. =/

Nikacho

"Oh, HER again."
OH LOOK SLIPKNOT MADE ANOTHER NEWS THREAD.
I don't really care for Israel does this to this and these people died anymore.

BigLutz

Banned
Again having Nuclear Weapons does not make you a terrorist state

Iraq was suspected of having nukes and was attacked,

Because A: Iraq trying to obtain nuclear weapons was against the Cease Fire Treaty of Gulf War 1.

B: Saddam had a history of testing such weapons upon his own people.

now Iran is being threatened for it's nuclear programme.

The world's problem with Iran, other than them being secretive, is that Iran has given massive support to Hamas and Hezbollah as pointed out in a previous post. And has threatened to destroy Israel and called Israel horrible things over and over and over again. Thus making many countries believe that they are developing a Nuclear Weapon for use against Israel.

What gave Israel the right?

Well for a variety of reasons, the major one being Israel isn't threatning to wipe out a major Middle Eastern Country, the next being that Israel doesn't test nuclear weapons on their own citizens, and of course Israel hasn't given military support to Islamic Terrorist groups who could take the bomb and destroy a major city with it.

You can't technically wipe out terrorism as it is a ideology. But you can destroy Hamas to the point that it is no longer a viable threat.

fierylord

Charmander! Yay!
This is horrible.. People are waiting outside for eight hours just for a piece of bread. When will Israel stop?

BigLutz

Banned
This is horrible.. People are waiting outside for eight hours just for a piece of bread. When will Israel stop?

When Hamas stops sending rockets over into their territory and agrees to UN watchers to make sure they are not rearming, or Hamas is absolutely destroyed. The second one being the best.

DarkPsychoBoost

Future World Emperor
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jan/06/gaza-israel-death-un

Israeli tanks recently attacked a UN school where civilians were taking shelter, killing about 40 non-combatants. UN regularly gave the exact geographical location of it's facilities to keep them safe from attack, but that didn't stop the tanks. However Israeli foreign minister said she "was not familiar" with the incident (what do you expect?).

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=81066&sectionid=351020202

Out of the 700 people killed, 200 of them are children. This means that claims that "most of the dead are terrorists" are false.

It seems Israel is above humanitarian and international laws.

Hamas is partly to blame as well. Israel has been there for 60 years and is not going away. Hamas should realize this and accept Israel's existence and cease attacks. Otherwise this war will never end.

BigLutz

Banned
Israeli tanks recently attacked a UN school where civilians were taking shelter, killing about 40 non-combatants. UN regularly gave the exact geographical location of it's facilities to keep them safe from attack, but that didn't stop the tanks. However Israeli foreign minister said she "was not familiar" with the incident (what do you expect?).

As already said the location was being used by Hamas for a launching ground for rockets, this is backed up by both Israel and people on the ground at the location. You cannot allow Hamas to use Civilian location as a "Safe Ground" to attack from, they will just keep doing it and put more and more civilians in danger. Of course Hamas will also do it if enough uninformed people cry out about how horrible the attack by Israel is after the attack, since it is great PR.

BTW UN Schools in Gaza have had a long history of not only being used by terrorists as staging grounds for attacks but also employing terrorists as teachers. I would say the problem lies at the UN.

Out of the 700 people killed, 200 of them are children. This means that claims that "most of the dead are terrorists" are false.

Unless you can prove that 350+ of those are civilians that still isn't "Most of the dead". And seeing how the numbers were around 70 Civilians out of 400+ dead. And lets not forget that many of the locations that Hamas stages rocket attacks and hide themselves. Civilian Human Shields are stationed.

It seems Israel is above humanitarian and international laws.

A: No.

B: Seriously what do you expect from war in a densely packed area. Civilians will die. That does not make the war any less just or good.

Last edited:

~Magic Thunderbolt~

And especially in the Gaza Strip, not exactly a place of wide open areas. This reminds me of the former Yugoslavian states.

Ethan

Banned
Zionism is as bad as Islamic extremism.

This essay from 1947 is as objective an article as you will likely find.

Israel is wrong, that is all.

Listing an article that argues about America's bias or that the Palestinians have more claim to the land than the Israelis do is splitting hairs, and you should know this. The fact of the matter is that Israel has become a nation, it has been a nation, and is for the most part recognized as one. A radical group has attacked them, and in self-defense they have responded with force. That is not wrong, any other nation is entitled to defend itself in that manner.

If you disagree, you are wrong.