• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Isshu Region- The First Region to Not Promote Past Pokemon?

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
It isn't confirmed but why wouldn't there be plus they referenced the dream machine in R/S/E also there might not be any old Pokemon but we will see.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I believe old pokemon except of Meowth and Pikachu will not appear. I hope there will not be any remake of old gens, I don't like it. I think old pokes won't appear at least until the Isshu league, there mature trainers who have been to other regions will use pokemon from different generations.

Hjörung´s wrath

Merovingian relic
each gen has had a remake from the classic games why would 5th gen be any different

Possibly because it wouldn´t make sense to do a remake
of 3rd gen games. R/S/E don´t even look all that obsolete compared to B/W.
But you´re probably right.

Frankly, I´m finding this trend of popping out slightly upgraded remakes
of games that aren´t even 10 years old rather annoying.

Last edited:

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
We don't know if they're going to show old Pokemon or not. Even though the isshu region is far away, other trainers might carry Pokemon from other regions.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
The beta art did show that guy with the Umbreon, a random old pokemon.....

How did I miss that!?!?! I've been repeatedly saying the guy has an Umbreon and even went crazy to add Umbreon on bulbapedia for BW004..... and I forget about Umbreon?

So its possible that Past Pokemon may appear, let's just hope its not as frequent as Diamond & Pearl........ now that was overkill.

1. well since the 5th gen will have remakes of ruby and sapphire we should see some hoenn promotion through out the series but 2. ash will use reserves in the ishuu league he will make the top 4 and you cannot use the same pokemon throughout all the battles so dont be stupid

Two things wrong with this:

1. Seems your pretty confident with remakes happening? Like said, they dont need remakes, compared to G/S/C Y/B/R, the are well enough to not need remakes and you do realize that since NO pokemon are related to Gen V, it would be pointless to make a remake of R/S/E, since no Gen V Pokemon would be related to Gen III. It would also be pointless to add Gen V to a game that has no relation to it. To just redesign the gym leaders, characters, just to have the same old boring Gen I-Gen III Pokemon would accomplish nothing. Well, I just ruined all hope for R/S/E Remakes, sorry.:)

2. HA, I'm about to kick you in the groin. The Hoenn League proves your belief that the same Pokemon cannot be used in each Pokemon League Battle to be false. Ash fought Katey, Morrison, and Tyson with Pikachu, Swellow, Grovyle, Corphish, Torkoal, and Glalie. I guess some people just remember the most previous saga that happened and forgets the previous ones....-_-