• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Isshu Region- The First Region to Not Promote Past Pokemon?

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Well excluding Pikachu and past character's reappearances with their old Pokemon, do you think they will solely focus on Isshu Pokemon only?

I ask because it was revealed that James & Jessie had their old Pokemon put away in the Team Rocket HQ, because Giovanni would think it would be suspicious if they had non-native Pokemon in Isshu, the Isshu inhabitants would get suspicious. If past Pokemon were in the wild, they could have easily said they caught them in Isshu.

This would mean less fillers, at the least fillers would be with Isshu Pokemon, ex Sinnoh episodes like Electrike Episode, Misdreavus/Murkrow Episode, etc.

What do you guys think?

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Funnily enough I was just thinking that, I'm thinking that we'll see no pre-Isshu wild Pokémon and probably none owned by other trainers. I think Best Wishes could be very sparse old Pokémon wise.

ForeverFlame

I believe so. With Pikachu as the sole exception, I imagine that all of the Pokemon appearances from now on will be exclusively Isshu natives, just like how the first arc was solely Kanto Pokemon.

I doubt this region will take four years though, so it's not like we'll be seeing the same old Pokemon in every episode.

Pokemonmaster Bill

Agnet of Umbrella
No Ho-HO that gives Ash inspiration to go that stinks. way to drop the ball writers not given us a clue in what happen to gilsor and saying goodbye to all the other pokemon at oaks

Torpoleon

The only past Pokémon that would be in Isshu would probably be Pikachu & Meowth, which probably means Ash wont bring back reserves for any reason, like the Isshu League, although he should.

It does look like Pokémon from Generation, Generation II, Generation III & Generation IV wont be present here, except for the previously stated Pikachu & Meowth. I guess we will have to wait and see, since most of the people in Isshu probably do have Pokémon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn or Sinnoh.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I think it would be a wise move for Ash to bring reserves at the Isshu League. i mean barely anyone has seen pokemon from other regions so that could catch opponents off guard.

Pokemonmaster Bill

Agnet of Umbrella
I think it would be a wise move for Ash to bring reserves at the Isshu League. i mean barely anyone has seen pokemon from other regions so that could catch opponents off guard.

i agree but probably won't happen. Gible is a possibly though and somebody's Umbreon will show up. beta art

thebluemarc

King of the World
Are you sure he won't bring in reserves?

Let's say they show Top 32 to say top 4.

Top 32 : 3 vs. 3
Top 16 : 3 vs. 3
Top 08 : 6 vs. 6
Top 04 : 6 vs. 6

Unless the anime Pokemon center works wonders like the games and fainted Pokemon will be recovered ASAP, I don't see why Ash shouldn't bring reserves from previous league. Unless he catches 17 more this season, I doubt he won't be bringing back his powerhouses from previous regions.

Lee-san

Limbo Messiah
Well..obviously. There are no "older" Pokemon found in the Black & White games, and the way Shooti and Iris reacted to Pikachu and Meowth respectively confirmed that it's that way in the Isshu region in the anime as well.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I doubt they'll be promoting old Pokemon with the Black&White generation being a shiny little restart.

That, and Isshu is seperate from the original four regions. We see that Shooti was suprised to see a Kanto native Pokemon, so it's likely that they dont see much of the older Pokemon, if they do at all. We'll might only be seeing older Pokemon being used by a couple of trainers here and there..

Devastator2000

Are you high...?
I'm hoping that we'll be seeing alot more new pokemon here. But, Like it's been said, Ash is going to need some reserves. Pikachu can't do everything on his own.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I believe so. With Pikachu as the sole exception, I imagine that all of the Pokemon appearances from now on will be exclusively Isshu natives, just like how the first arc was solely Kanto Pokemon.

Um, both Meowth and Umbreon have been seen in Best Wishes (with Umbreon appearing in about two weeks) so I don't believe Pikachu will be the sole exception. I think a fair few amount of older Pokemon will indeed appear in Isshu, just not as many as we once saw in previous regions. An old Pokemon here and there isn't such a big deal anyway :)

Hjörung´s wrath

Merovingian relic
They have so many new Pokémon in this generation to promote, that it is
unlikely that non-Isshu Pokémon get much screen time. Especially if this is going to
be more intensely paced saga.

Last edited:

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Unless the anime Pokemon center works wonders like the games and fainted Pokemon will be recovered ASAP, I don't see why Ash shouldn't bring reserves from previous league. Unless he catches 17 more this season, I doubt he won't be bringing back his powerhouses from previous regions.

Well yeah. But there was the Hoenn league. Apart from certain cases like Ash's Charmander, or Harrison's Blaziken, or those Steel Pokemon in the Iron Island ep, hospital discharge seems to be a pretty immediate thing.

On-topic, man, it wont be nice not having old guys for the sake of nostalgia, but its insignificant really, if the saga goes by quick, and the Pokemon Ash gets have their development time cut down due to that, Im all for him using one team.

KibaLG8

You guys do understand when I mean Past Pokemon, I mean Pokemon in general from Gen I-Gen IV, not specifically Ash's reserves.... >__>

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Mmhmm, of course, but Pokemon from old gens are a vague waste of eps when they are only used in fillers. I think we just discuss along the lines of his reserves since they SHOULD be the most natural ones to make returns with a spotlight focused on them, rather than a generic Pidgey falling from a tree.

thebluemarc

King of the World
I was replying to Bill's comment. Yeah no random wild old gen capture. This gen has 156 pokemon, biggest number in a single generation thus far. If they want to feature all of them, then none of the older gen should go hug the spotlight from them.

KibaLG8

Mmhmm, of course, but Pokemon from old gens are a vague waste of eps when they are only used in fillers. I think we just discuss along the lines of his reserves since they SHOULD be the most natural ones to make returns with a spotlight focused on them, rather than a generic Pidgey falling from a tree.

Im just saying. I dont want this to turn into an Isshu League thread, which is a long time away..... and some people are assuming Ash will need his reserves like the Almighty Charizard, etc... An insult to Ash's yet developed Isshu team.

Elxar

He will use Isshu pokemon reserves. But I doubt he will bring back his old pokemon except when it really requires it. Remember Bulbasaur being recalled in Hoenn?

well since the 5th gen will have remakes of ruby and sapphire we should see some hoenn promotion through out the series but ash will use reserves in the ishuu league he will make the top 4 and you cannot use the same pokemon throughout all the battles so dont be stupid