• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Isshu Team Twist.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I frickin' love this idea. However, we just have to accept that the fresh start has become a tradition. Players are supposed to sympathize with him in this case - if you start Pokemon Black, you don't have your Pokemon Platinum team with you right away, and even if you did, game mechanics wouldn't allow you to use them until you get enough Badges, which you would get with new Pokemon caught in Black. You see what I'm getting at here?

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
I don't like this idea for Isshu at all. However for a filler arc it would be a great idea.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Right guys, some guy posted an idea in a thread earlier and it seemed like a really intriguing idea that it deserved more speculation and discussion.

They said, that because two whole new characters will be introduced as travel companions for Ash then maybe they should be the ones to possess all the 5th gen Pokemon whilst Ash takes a ''rookie'' team with him to Isshu to train some more.(He would obviously still catch some 5th gen Pokemon, but the idea that is that the two new characters show them off more, whilst Ash trains an underdeveloped team.)

Finally!!!!! I thought everyone except swinetrio was going to ignore my idea!!!!!

I frickin' love this idea. However, we just have to accept that the fresh start has become a tradition. Players are supposed to sympathize with him in this case - if you start Pokemon Black, you don't have your Pokemon Platinum team with you right away, and even if you did, game mechanics wouldn't allow you to use them until you get enough Badges, which you would get with new Pokemon caught in Black. You see what I'm getting at here?

I think Ash using Pikachu and Charizard aswell as Chikorita vs Falkner disproves what youre saying?

Last edited:

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
This would be pretty cool :) Especially for those who lack development..Then allow a bit of extra development for the newbies of the show too

Gible might be this season's Aipom, coming with him for late entry and lack of development. Other than Gible, Kingler, Glalie, and Torkoal would be pretty nice . Not sure about Sceptile since he's had a lot of time. He's pretty much like Ash's 2nd Charizard(Both of them being Dragon-like starters funny enough..)

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
It's not very likely at all, but if it was to happen then i'd be more than happy with it. What i'd like to see is some rotation between all of his reserves for a region, with the other main characters showing off starters and other gen 5 Pokemon.

If by some miracle it was to happen, then i'd like Ash to use the following against his rival in the league... Pikachu, Gabite, Wooguru, Feraligatr, Torkoal and either Meganium or Ivysaur.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
The pokemon most likely to gain an evolution is Torkoal, but none of the others seem too likely. Then again, we never thought Rhydon would get one either but sure enough it happened. Gible is also a candidate. But he'll definitely get at least one starter from the new set

BlueDragonfangirl

I have a feeling Gible will be the new Aipom and come with Ash next region.
Other than that I really don't think any one else will come.
Ash will keep adding new Pokemon every Generation, I don't mind it.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
I like the whole idea but I doubt he would take more than just Pikachu (and maybe Gible). I expect him to start over like he did for the last 2 regions.

treecko power

treecko master
i kinda like this idea but i dout it will happen but if it does i see this team happpening

pickachu well duh
gible i think gible will tag along
tauros well he isnt to much developt so he could be a possiblity
muk i could see him in a rookie team
kingler same as muk
and 1 of these torkoal glalie or heracross

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I think Ash using Pikachu and Charizard aswell as Chikorita vs Falkner disproves what youre saying?

Doesn't mean it hasn't been a tradition since Hoenn.
smartass.

Ash tried to take only Pikachu, but Aipom stowed away. See what I'm getting at?

yeminied

I do like this idea but it would be better for a filler region.

Ash is the anime, without him it isn't Pokemon. Because of this Ash has to advertise the new Pokemon. Once the region is done and dusted and we head off to a filler region then we can bring back older Pokemon that need more time with Ash. This idea would be brilliant for a mini-gym quest, kind of like the Orange Islands where Ash wouldn't catch any more Pokemon, just train the Pokemon he already has.

I would be very happy if this is what Ash did for a filler region but not the new Isshu region. It's part of what makes me watch the anime, getting to see what Ash gets up to with his new Pokemon and seeing their new personailties. Watching the same Pokemon again, especially the Hoeen team would get boring, but not for a 52 episode saga.

I vote yay for filler region

Nay for Isshu Region.

Manchee

extra toasty
Ash is the anime, without him it isn't Pokemon. Because of this Ash has to advertise the new Pokemon.

Yeah, it wouldn't be Pokémon without him, but it doesn't mean he has to advertise the new Pokés. Just as many people fell in love with May when she was introduced, same with Dawn, do it can be said that people love them just as much. The writers can use that to focus the fifth generation on the newer characters if they really want to and then have Ash use old stuff. Just saying.

I still completely stick to my previous post though.

BA~

SketchFox7

I'd say a small team of rookies, like maybe 3 plus Pikachu would be cool, and he could get a starter, and Mamepato to round out the team, and as they become powerhouses, let them go to Oak's to rest up, and he can catch a couple more, here's what I would like to see (btw, I think this is an AWESOME idea)

Pikachu- durr
Gible- needs more attention put on him, and more training
Totodile- poor shafted guy, could use the attention and evolution
Bayleef/Quilava/Buizel- All three pokemon that could use more training and development
Pokabu/Mijumaru- I honestly don't think he'll get Tsutaja, at least I hope not, he needs a break from the grass starter, and he has had multiple of one type before, so Mijumaru & Totodile/Buizel or Pokabu & Quilava would be fine in my book
Mamepato- Regional bird pokemon, Ash needs his Flyer, lol

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Now now now, let's not turn this into the "Next Pokemon Thread". We have that already. This is for discussing a particular theory, however unlikely it may be.

Unfortunately, this theory wouldn't make any sense in a promotional manner. Especially considering how Ash is the main protagonist, much of the anime's advertisement qualities comes from pimping out the main character(s)'s cast with shiny new Pokemon they can buy games and merchandise for. With the exception of Pikachu, promoting old Pokemon like Kingler wouldn't help sell anything modern.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Doesn't mean it hasn't been a tradition since Hoenn.
smartass.

Ash tried to take only Pikachu, but Aipom stowed away. See what I'm getting at?

Hey man......sorry, my reply was a bit sarky, Id had a bad day. OK?

I got your point, but I was just surprised that someone had made a thread about this NOW so long after I had put the idea out in all those other threads.

Swine Trio

Bacon Lover
I am all for the idea of Ash bringing along a Pokemon or two to Isshu. But only two, for me Gible and Quilava, If not him tootadile, maybe Heracross instead (Was Oak'd way to fast.) If Ash brought an entire team with him I would pretty much hate it, while I love a lot of his old Pokemon I still want to see him get a good team going for this region. I like the start fresh thing, but bringing in a neglected Pokemon with him (Johto Pokemon) or a not trained to the max (Gible) would be cool for awhile. Then once they get to a good level, either have them find a Master, get Oak'd or have Ash catch a new one and need to send them back.

If Ash brought in an entire team, then it would sort of ruin the whole training and becoming a master. If he just kept the same team the whole time it would get boring, even mixed up. The point of the show is for Ash to get stronger and smarter, and the way for him to do this is having to over come challenges each time. If he had Pokemon that could take an entire gym on their own down it would be pointless. If Ash did catch new Pokemon on the way, and slowly sift them out they would be overshadowed by the massive powerhouses from earlier on. It would make a new Johto team, that seems so much weaker than they were because other Pokemon took their shine.

And honestly those screaming for Muk, Kingler or Tauros get over it, they won't get their chance, sadly.

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
With the league's battles coming, I can see Ash giving up, again, on his old pokemon.

The only one who might stay is Gible but Iris' Kibago is enough...

Sprintking

I kinda feel sorry for gible in all this. IF he is brought to Isshu, which is definitely possible, almost likely, I give him 10 episodes at most before he evolves to Gabite and is let go/Oaked. I say this because Garchomp would undoubtedly be Ash's powerhouse pokemon, and why would they promote the 5th gen by having a 4th gen pokemon fill in as the Charizard/Sceptile/Infernape? I've got a feeling that role will go to a 5th gen pokemon to capitalize on marketing. The other option would be that Gible only evolves to Gabite and stays on the team, but then it would feel like there was quite a bit of potential unfulfilled.