• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

It happend people. "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" is finally getting a sequel.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Apperently. The guy who wrote the book WFRR was based on "Who Censored Roger Rabbit?" had a third book written in 1992, and that he would only release it if WFRR2 ever came out.

Dattebayo

Banned
Hold on just a minute, I thought you guys hate sequels to classic movies because they're considered to be as "milking" or "raping your childhood".

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Hold on just a minute, I thought you guys hate sequels to classic movies because they're considered to be as "milking" or "raping your childhood".

Depends if the people know what they're doing. Given that these are the original writers, I at least hope they know what they're doing. As long as it's not a Crystal Skull, I'll be happy.

I never really liked Roger Rabbit, the only reason anyone went see it in the first place was because it had both Mickey and Bugs, and the only reason I think people like it is Jessica Rabbit.

Actually, Roger's antics and classic cartoon character was my reason for falling in love with the movie. I guess I still have a soft spot for Toons and their style.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
Plus more Jessica Rabbit for you Horny men out there.
yeah, and all men feel attracted to women that have interspecies relationships with rabbits>_>

If they do, bricks will be shat once more.

agree, that scene with donald duck and daffy duck in the bar was epic.

anyway, sofar so good, i wonder what goodies modern art technology will surprise us with, that evil guy from the first movie was crappy from the start.

Last edited:

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
Hmmm this one I am mixed thought on it, it was an awesome classic with great actors and plot, for them to do a sequel could make it possible that they may ruin the good name of it? But i guess we will never know until it comes out, whenever that day is. We have come a long way in the world of graphics and movie making, so it will be interesting I can say that much, whether I will look forward to it or not will be decided later ~

yeah, and all men feel attracted to women that have interspecies relationships with rabbits>_>

Lols, but its Jessica =p she was all over Eddie as well in the movie to xD

And you do realize that a completed script is absolutely no sort of guarantee that the film gets made, right? If you took every script, ever, that was finished but never filmed, we'd all be up to our armpits in paper.

Yes, but if there isn't a completed script...

So, for those of you who are curious about this, I guess there is hope. However, since I suspect this will fall victim to Sequel Syndrome, I suspect I'd rather chill with death god Mot and leave my female siblings, cousins, etc. to Zeus for five days than watch it. Not that I didn't like the first (though it's still not in my list of favorite films, which is dominated by Blazing Saddles, etc., so), but I don't have high enough hopes for this.

Moonbeam 587

Ditto Trainer
The article

Frankley, I'm up in arms over this. As long as it doesn't taint my memories of the original movie, I'll love it. Plus more Jessica Rabbit for you Horny men out there.

When will it be out? I mean, I like that movie alot. I used to watch it with my parents every once in awhile. But I hope it's not one of those dopey ones that ruins my memories of the original too. They did that with lost in space. Curse them. Robot B-9 on the new lost in space is way different. Someone tell me how the new WWho Framed Roger Rabbit is before I watch it...
;026;

YEAH!

I.Want.This.Movie.

.... as long as it's as good the first one. The movie has got to be the best cartoon-y thing I've ever seen. I'd love it if it got a sequel.

and the only reason I think people like it is Jessica Rabbit.

Hell yeah Jessica Rabbit!

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
Every single "single" guy rabbit: Giggity... Jessica Rabbit

Every single married guy rabbit: Giggity... Jessica Rabbit

Every single married guy rabbit's wife: *shoots Jessica with a gun*

Me: The original was okay, don't mind seeing a sequel. (Giggity)

Last edited:

Yeah, nobody would ever look up to someone who has a confusing interspecies relationship. Tell that to Kirmit: Eats flies, dates a pig, and is still a Hollywood star.
Nobody mocks Kirmit for his flaws, yet they diss Jessica "giggity" Rabbit for hers?

As some of you have said, I probably won't like this at all, just because I loved the original and think that it's ending was perfect. They shouldn't have dug it up; it was fine already. Why wake the dead like that; especially if there was nothing wrong with it in life?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The article

Frankley, I'm up in arms over this. As long as it doesn't taint my memories of the original movie, I'll love it. Plus more Jessica Rabbit for you Horny men out there.

This is nice. I liked the original but I don't think this one will have the same "feel" as the original just because we're in a different era. It probably won't even look similar.

Indy

WAT
The death of that squeaky shoe was nightmare fuel...

This intrests me, though. I liked the movie.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
The death of that squeaky shoe was nightmare fuel...

True story, that was the saddest moment of my childhood. IT WAS AN INNOCENT SQUEAKY SHOE!!! IT WAS SO CUTE!! WHYYYYYYYY?!!!!

Hopefully they don't have anything as heart-wrenching as that in the sequel.

^yeah, that was just plain sad. Why couldn't they find something a bit less adorable to use as the guinea pig for the DIP?
One thing I realized from that scene: how did the good guys not realize that the villain was a toon when they saw that he needed to wear a glove when handling the DIP, which supposedly didn't harm humans?

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
I always like the movie, and grew up to it also. But, its a classic, and classics *shouldn't* (glares at Disney) be given sequels unless necessary. All I hope, is that if it is true, it at least FEELS like a sequel, and not a leech.

Zipideedooda6

Fire Mouse
The first movie was awesome. What with the live action and cartoon cross over.
I won't mind a sequel as long as they don't make it cheap and direct to DVD (I'm looking at you Disney...)
Of course, as said above, you can't really make a sequel unless if it's necessary.
The ending of WFRR was happy and everything seemed as if nothing else was expected to happen.
If a movie ending has a foreshadowing and gives the viewer a hint right before the credits roll that's when sequels are necessary.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Jessica Rabbit is a Femme Fatale, she is practically the definition of the word. As much as girls like Dangerous men, Guys like dangerous women. I believe she was designed as the ultimate male fantasy, For the time at least.
So its obvious why guys go crazy over her and girls cosplay as her.
But yeah I never understood her relationship with Roger, But I doubt they do anything in the bedroom... Besides play Patty Cake.
She even said that she likes Roger cause he makes her laugh. So I'm sure its not anything X rated..

At least I hope so.

agree, that scene with donald duck and daffy duck in the bar was epic.
Agreed. Ducks rule, Rabbits and Mice drool.

I would be happy to have a sequel. The only time it is terrible is when they screw up. So as long as they do a good job, then I'm on board.
-;248;

I always like the movie, and grew up to it also. But, its a classic, and classics *shouldn't* (glares at Disney) be given sequels unless necessary. All I hope, is that if it is true, it at least FEELS like a sequel, and not a leech.

Yeah, that is the one thing I hate about Disney. They make great movies and nausiating sequals. I loved the movie Aladdin, but both of its sequals are just cheap ripoffs. Case in point, the quality of animation. Those movies had the same animation as the crappy TV series version; and like all Disney movies with their own TV series, the actual movie has far better and more visible quality of animation.

At least WFRR has a combination of Disney and Warner Brothers, and the works of Warner Brothers always take care to make sure that their cartoons don't look like cheap pleas for more money (even if that is the idea).
Disney is the weak link in the WFRR equation; hopefully Warner Brothers will keep it in check.