• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

It is Time for Litten to Set Off!! (964)

RafaSceptile

I appreciate that you took the time to organise the data, you yourself mentioned the problem and failed to address it.

That is exactly my problem. I can't see a logical reason as to how the problem of having to use more beauty products is more intriguing and compelling than trying to live up to the legacy of your dead father figure who made you who you are. The decision of making Lycanroc the ace when you have an infinitely better alternative available is extremely confusing to me.

Writers never tried to do a proper ace, that is the reason why this is the only series when individual Pokémon have individual rivals (Rowlet vs Decidueye, Lycanroc vs Lycanroc, Torracat vs Incineroar and Pikachu vs Tapu Koko). So much so that SM doesn't have an ace, that if we exclude Pikachu, Rowlet was the Pokémon with the highest number of battles as well as the best win rate (which is usually the spot of the ace like Infernape in DP and Greninja in XY)

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
Writers never tried to do a proper ace, that is the reason why this is the only series when individual Pokémon have individual rivals (Rowlet vs Decidueye, Lycanroc vs Lycanroc, Torracat vs Incineroar and Pikachu vs Tapu Koko). So much so that SM doesn't have an ace, that if we exclude Pikachu, Rowlet was the Pokémon with the highest number of battles as well as the best win rate (which is usually the spot of the ace like Infernape in DP and Greninja in XY)

Ok. I'll just live with it.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Litten got an extremely watered down version of Chimchar's arc, really. It only happens to have a Grandpa Stoutland on top, but as soon as he (overly symbolically) dies, that's when he's reduced to simple Ash mon.

Red and Blue

I always thought a neat way to bookend Litten's story is for it to become a caretaker to a Lilipup at the end of SM.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Litten and chimchar arcs have nothing to do with each other lmao what?
Well duh. I meant the fact both were about trying to best this opponent they hated.

Chimchar was Paul himself to get back at him for all the abuse and thinking Chimchar was crap, so this was an endearing goal.

Litten was simply about trying to defeat Incineroar because...because he wanted to prove he was better.

Chimchar wins easily on a very entertaining arc. Litten's is a more drawn out version of Rowlet versus Decidueye.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
This episode is probably my second favorite episode of SM. I love it so much. Only beat by 'Showering the world with love' for me. It's truly infuriating that they didn't give full focus to Torracat and wasted time on whatever they wanted to do with Lycanroc. Litten's backstory was incredibly well done and i'm very sad that he didn't get proper focus before the Kukui match. This episode has registered itself as one of the best episodes in the entirety of the franchise.

Why is SM079, an episode that's a filler besides Molayne's debut, your favorite?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Probably because of the Minior's ending, but I think this episode and SM108 are sadder and better than SM079
I see. And I can kind of see how an emotional episode might be considered the best instead of an important plot episode. However, SM021 and 108 are both indeed way sadder.

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
Why is SM079, an episode that's a filler besides Molayne's debut, your favorite?

Oh sorry. Mixed up the titles. It's actually SM 108 that's my favorite. SM79 is not very memorable to me. But the title of SM 79 is a quote I heard somewhere a few days back. Probably why it was stuck in the back of my mind. And both of you are right. SM108 and SM21 are way sadder and much better.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Because death is a major part of the episode's plot, it should be rated TV-PG and have an advisory screen preceding the episode suggesting young children may want to watch this episode with their parents.

Litten crying out for Stoutland breaks my heart... and the end with Litten looking up at the rainbow and seeing Stoutland:(