• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

It is Time for Litten to Set Off!! (964)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
It is Time for Litten to Set Off!!

While shopping, Ash & Pikachu find Litten and learn that it at Stoutland have found a new place to live. However, later Ash finds Litten all worried and panicked and decides to follow Litten to help out. What has got Litten so worried? Is Stoutland ok?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Ash is on the local farmer's market. Drops his produce, the old lady is there and helps him. But then Litten steals Ash's Bagel! Ash follows and they find Litten and Stoutland's hideout.

Stoutland is teaching Litten Fire Fang. In true SM-fashion, Litten sucks at it. FLASHBACKS!

Back at Kukui's.. Kukui is taking an interest in the footage that Rotom made of Stoutland and Litten.

On the way from/to school, Ash meets up with Team Rocket. But they get instaburned by Litten out of nowhere. To get Ash to get to Stoutland, Meowth trails them.

At the PokéCenter, Stoutland is being monitored. And Meowth is still trailing them. Ash is phoning in the updates to Kukui.

Later that night, Stoutland has disappeared from the PokéCenter, thinking that they're at the regular spot, Ash runs there, but gets intercepted by Meowth, who probably has a good idea what's up.

Somewhere, Litten is failing its Fire Fang (played for jokes, this is SM after all) skills in the rain, while Stoutland is not doing too well. Litten had its nightmare again, and Stoutland is gone when it wakes up.

It goes to the old hideout, but Stoutland isn't there either. At the market, and at the cape, Stoutland is nowhere to be found.. The rain intensifies..

Ash and Kukui find Litten.. they give it space.. The greyscale is intense..

Team Rocket's design still looking ugly as.. well.. since SM. Bewear gives Meowth a hug.

Ash goes to the marketlady and gets Litten a bag filled with tasty sweets. Somehow, Litten isn't excited about this.

The rain just doesn't let up in Alola! The gloomiest region ever!

Heck, even Meowth goes to have a good talk with Litten, but runs off as soon as Ash and his team show up. Ash sticks with Litten while it sleeps.

The sky clear up nd the wind gets a hold of the last leaf.. Litten sees this and follows.. and then we see MufasaStoutland in the clouds.. Litten is suddenly okay and starts frolocking with Ash after hearing his stomach grumble: "This pear is for you!", "nah, for you!", repeat.

This of course turns into a battle during which Litten perfects Fire Fang. At one point there's a moment of nothing happening and Ash just whips out a Pokéball and Litten agrees to getting caught. Talk about an anticlimax.

Meowth has tears in his eyes.. And now Ash has the team we all knew he would get since we saw the opening - and he can finally leave MeleMele.. Hopefully.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Each leaf falling is like a countdown of some sorts...

Jesus christ TRio outta nowhere!

Make that Litten too! But it's sad seeing it distressed...

Last edited:

Locormus

Is Meowth going to be the unlikely hero for this episode?

It's reasoning to Ash's better half it is..

Also, Usain Bolt in a Pokémon commercial.. as a Team Skull grunt. WHO WOULD'VE GUESSED! xD

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Also, Usain Bolt in a Pokémon commercial.. as a Team Skull grunt. WHO WOULD'VE GUESSED! xD

Oh did you see that ad for the first time (been airing for a few months if i remember). Though truthfully until you pointed out, i didn't know it was "Usain Bolt".

Edit: So, Stoutland went somewhere and Litten is left alone for now.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Even Bewear feels for Meowth....

Locormus

*soutland appears on the clouds*
REMBEMBER WHO YOU'RE SIMBA

Now I just want to see an old Passimian whack Litten on the head.. xD

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Mouse, cat, dog and bird sorted for Ash.

Really good episode overall, can't find much wrong if any at all.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
As much as I don't like the Sun & Moon series as a whole, I do have to at least praise this episode for being one of the extremely rare times the main anime has ever dealt with death. It's usually something that isn't addressed in kid-appealing shows (but then again, there was an episode of Sesame Street where Big Bird had to cope with Mr. Hooper's passing) but here I think the anime staff handled it well with Stoutland.

Also, welcome to the team, Litten! Now the question will be if it's him or Rowlet that will be Ash's evolving Alola starter.

NPT

Just a member
Okay, looks like Ash got Litten as expected. And... did Stoutland really die?!

EDIT: Snowbelle City theme? They should play that track more often.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Okay, Ash got Litten as expected. And... did Stoutland really die?!

Yeah...I mean everything was leading up to it, with Nurse Joy shaking her head, leaves falling, Stoutland in the clouds...

I guess they couldn't show the dead body or something like that but it's heavily implied that Stoutland crossed rainbow road.

Xuxuba

imo, they could have made litten grieve for a few more episodes (despite being caught by ash) and meowth singing kind of ruined the moment, but, nonetheless, it's definetly the best episode so far, really emotional, especially the tree's leaves falling as stoutland grew weaker.

Now I just want to see an old Passimian whack Litten on the head.. xD
lol that'd be great
it's a shame we don't have a meerkat pokemon to sing hakuna matata

Last edited:

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Yeah...I mean everything was leading up to it, with Nurse Joy shaking her head, leaves falling, Stoutland in the clouds...

I guess they couldn't show the dead body or something like that but it's heavily implied that Stoutland crossed rainbow road.

Reminds me of the rainbow of Satoru Iwata's funeral...