• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

It is time to fire Ishihara and Masuda for not understanding 3D game development

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to address because the title can be perceived as clickbait or trolling but I am not. I am approaching this in a similar manner to Kathleen Kennedy. Just because they have qualifications in a job does not mean they can understand everything about the job nor does being qualified in the job make their opinion count more.

I have crafted a theory into what was really going on since 2011. Many arm chair critics constantly threw that rubbish that handheld owners would embrace mobile shovelware garbage which was simply never going to be true. My theory comes about because of Ishihara in particular who continued this notion prior to Switch's release despite the fact that 3DS had already proven him wrong. He is obviously an out of touch suit that does not understand the needs of dedicated gamers. I do not care how many downloaded his game or whatever numbers he is throwing around. This is no excuse for the terrible quality of your products dude.

So where does Masuda come in? Simple, I believe both TPC and GF were constantly banging Iwata's door demanding he makes for smartphones not just because they believed people would embrace it, but because they do not understand 3D game development and had no idea where to take Pokemon when 3D handhelds take over. Think about it. All this started when 3DS came into the picture and handhelds started going 3D. To me this was not merely a belief but wishful thinking because Masuda and Ishihara had no idea where to take Pokemon but they don't want to admit it.

The reason I am comparing Ishihara to Kathleen Kennedy is because it is the perfect example. Yes people are downloading his games but the quality of your games is absolutely disgraceful and an insult to the Nintendo seal of quality. Still convinced Ishihara should work there? He predicted the Switch would fail. This was extremely unlikely even in the instance it was not a hybrid. He failed to notice the market in front of him and I do not care if he is qualified, he failed at the job. Time to appoint somebody who will not drag the Pokemon brand through the mud and evolve Pokemon like the Pokemon themselves evolve because if it continues putting out these bad graphical looking games it will start to collapse.

Thank you for anybody who heard me out.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Games look good, each better then the last.

I'm not looking for it to be a Horizon Zero Dawn or console AAA, each game has improvements and steps in the right direction mechanics, graphics and pokemon wise.

Only issue is them having trouble trying to perfect the writing of the games. When people complained it was too much dialogue or forced scenes in gen 7, we instead got a similar plot but less of it at an attempt to figure out the balance n gen 8. Not successfully but after a while I do appreciate the plot and characters once you deep dive. But I find the writing is where they suffer.

When you have less than 200 employees with less 3d background than most companies, it all becomes a learn and live mentality. I keep seeing growth, so I think they're find.

People of their positions can have opinions on future fates of consoles, the switch was a risk but it ended up working. Doesn't make him unqualified.

Besides get new guys in and the fanbase will do a 180 and say they don't understand pokemon or miss the aesthetic, its all conjecture.

Not only that but Gamefreak themselves are growing more again and learning to properly outsource within the company, New Pokemon Snap and BDSP are good proof at that to allow the company to create gems like Legends Arceus which is a huge step and most likely has allowed more resources for gen 9 development.

All their choices have the intention of streamlining the development process of games to allow further development and growth of the games with the size of their studio and agressive release timeline by the Pokemon Company. We're reaching 1000 pokemon to upkeep and add to and work on for future games, as well as actually making the games on top of that. Before stating why not hire more people, they don't want to be a large studio like other leading companies. It muddles the design process and wastes time on training while everyone there are a well oiled machine and just get it. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

Legends Arceus may not be up to specific standards of others, but with BDSP off their shoulders you can see the payoff. We have new models of pokemon, with better depth, better textures, with more animations that connect the model to the actions in battle and the environments around them, heck Pokemon have different hit animations depending on the damage.

Think the company is doing just find and they are doing a fine job to, they're learning and growing and thats all anyone can ask from a business standpoint. You gotta find the joy in the games beyond the face value and comparison of larger companies. No matter if Pokemon is a million dollar company, they have a different mindset as to how a studio should work and thats commendable.

Kathleen Kennedy is a different beast though and is a problematic affect on Lucasfilm and Star Wars though.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Read up to "dedicated gamer" and stopped right there.

Dedicated gamers are NOT the target audience for Pokémon. If that's your perception of reality then you are mistaken.

Also, if someone is QUALIFIED for the job, then as a rule.. their opinion is more valid then yours aka, whiny 'dedicated' gamer #2495729² on the internet.

Pokemon is the largest multimedia franchise in the world. I think you need to understand that you don't see the bigger picture..

Status
Not open for further replies.