1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

It kinda made me sad Ash’s friends didn’t see him in the SM league

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Sham, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Sham

Sham Aang could never

All those regions he travelled promising them he’d become a Pokémon master (and winning a league is a stepping stone I guess to getting there) it would of been nice for them to see him win. Granted not every friend can be there at each other’s accomplishments.... I do wish they would of at least had scenes of them watching him similar to Misty in AG or had Misty and Brock return to watch.

2. brtnvm

brtnvm Giselle best girl

I guess that proves the Alola League wasn't that big of a deal...

3. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix justice for johto

Really don't understand why Misty and Brock didnt get like a two second cameo showing them watching the match on tv or something. I really feel like they deserved to see him win just because they really know far he's come. Gary too.

4. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

The League was newly set up, so I can understand why it wasn't broadcast to other regions. Besides, we had already seen Kasumi and Takeshi in SM, so them making cameos wouldn't have been that interesting to me.

5. Sham

Sham Aang could never

I think the writers were just being lazy since the whole reason people even came to the league was because of a broadcasted promotion made by Lusamine and Kukui. I would of much rather preferred they got rid of their second cameo in exchange for a league appearance.

mehmeh1 and PorcelainVulpix like this.
  6. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I wouldn't have minded that, mostly because I wasn't a fan of their second comeback for various reasons. I also would've liked to have seen Hikari, Iris, and Serena make a silent cameo watching the Alola League, though I get why it didn't happen.

AznKei, mehmeh1 and Sham like this.
  7. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix justice for johto

It would have been nice to see them all making a silent cameo watching but I felt that was too unrealistic. However a two second cameo of misty Brock and Gary watching wouldn’t have hurt and it would have been meaningful since they’ve seen Ash grow from rookie to literal champion.

I also didn’t care for their second cameos. Definitely would have preferred to see them acknowledging Ash as a champion.

AznKei, mehmeh1, Sham and 1 other person like this.
  8. AznKei

AznKei Badass girls saving their boyfriends. XD

The writers wanted to get rid of continuity for the past human characters in the last few years. Sure, Misty & Brock is in SM but it's mostly due of LGPE, but didn't make them to see Ash winning the League because it would be too much to cram the past characters reactions. And yeah their 2nd cameos felt like a waste to me, because its far less significant than the 1st cameos.
    I was more disappointed about Serena not having a special than a cameo, in which the past girls had them bar Haruka, because I was more interested of her interacting with the past girls than Satoshi. Sure she might interact with the rest of the SM cast but not as much.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    KenzeyEevee and Leonhart like this.