• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

it`s a breloom team [BS Doubles]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
/filler introduction

Basically I wanted to build a Doubles Team utilizing Breloom's access to Spore so my Sweepers get easy setup. And it's Canada Day, uh, yeah. This was built fairly fast, so keep that in mind please.

First Look

[IMG139]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/286.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/186.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/647.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/373.png[/IMG139]

In Depth

286.png

⬇ Breloom @ Toxic Orb
⬇ Trait: Poison Heal
⬇ Nature: Adamant
⬇ EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
• Spore
• Drain Punch
• Seed Bomb
• Low Sweep

• First up obvious Breloom is obvious. The main reason I went with him is that he has access to Spore to ensure a free kill due to Sleep lasting longer this Gen. He also has two great Abilitys and access to some nice Moves. Anyways, Drain Punch is a STAB, it helps keep me healthy in conjunction with Poison Heal. Seed Bomb is another STAB, it gets decent coverage and hits all of those Water Types. Low Sweep is used to slow down other pogeys so Politoed or a Sweeper can mash 'em up.

186.png

⬇ Politoed @ Choice Scarf
⬇ Trait: Drizzle
⬇ Nature: Timid
⬇ EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
• Hydro Pump
• Hypnosis
• Ice Beam
• Focus Blast

• Politoed makes a nice partner with Breloom. He eliminates Breloom's weakness to Fire and Hypnosis helps me put the opposing Leads to sleep to switch in a Sweeper safely. Hydro Pump is my STAB, under Rain it hurts a lot of things. For example, if I was running Specs I could 2HKO 252 / 4 Ferrothorn. Ice Beam hits Dragon Types and Focus Miss hits Steel Types as well.

647.png

⬇ Keldeo @ Leftovers
⬇ Trait: Justified
⬇ Nature: Timid
⬇ EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
• Surf
• Calm Mind
• Icy Wind / Substitute
• Secret Sword

• Keldeo is sorta filler. Anyways, it's a good Rain Sweeper with respectable stats to boot. Surf is my main STAB due to the Rain boost which is always nice. Calm Mind helps boost my SpA so I can get past even more ****. Icy Wind hits Dragons and it's filler since I hate Hidden Power. Secret Sword is mainly a secondary STAB for ****ing over Blissey or Chansey.

373.png

⬇ Salamence @ Lum Berry
⬇ Trait: Intimidate
⬇ Nature: Adamant
⬇ EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
• Hydro Pump / Substitute
• Dragon Dance
• Outrage
• Earthquake

• Another filler. But Salamence is a force. First it has good Speed, then GF decides to give it excellent Attacking stats and passable Bulk. I still hate that fatass Dragonite. Anyways, pretty simple DD set. Outrage > Dragon Claw since Keldeo or Breloom can clear out Steel Types. Hydro Pump is boosted by Rain so that's self explanatory right there. Earthquake is there to hit Steel Types for decent damage.

Last Look

[IMG139]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bwb/286.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bwb/186.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bwb/647.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bwb/373.png[/IMG139]

Last edited:

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
I am feeling that a Salamence that looks more like this will be more of a help to you.

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Hydro Pump

I feel as though DD Outrage MoxieMence would fit better. Although you do lose some defensiveness with the addition of Naive and Moxie instead of Intimidate, but it also gives your Hydro Pump slightly more power. If you don't like the Attack drop because of Naive, you could always go Lonely, but I feel with Moxie, the Attack drop does not matter, as its Attack will get boosted with Dragon Dance as well as every fainted pokemon with Moxie.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Holy ****, I haven't seen you in at least a year. Hopefully you decide to stay around longer!

Anyways. The reason I went with IntimidateMence > MoxieMence is that tbh IntimidateMence gets more oppurtunity's to DD than MoxieMence. To the contrary, it won't hit as hard unless I DD multiple times, so MoxieMence does indeed set up faster, but as I've said, I use IntimidateMence since it can set up more often.

Thanks for the rate tho.

yolotot

You need substitute. you may laugh at OHKOs and crits, but in the long run they will get the better of you unless you do something about it.
It's not as essential for your leads, but definitely on the setup sweepers.

get rid of icy wind on keldeo -> substitute. it's useful in competitive for celebi etc but not as relevant here since your partner can deal with those threats.
on salamence get rid of hydro pump for substitute. even though you're in rain it's still not a particularly useful move when you have plenty of water attacks.

good effort I guess.

Pidj

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Keldeo is banned in the Subway. You said it was filler anyway and it does double up on several weaknesses with Breloom (flying, psychic) and Politoed (grass, electric). Something like Scizor could benefit from this team although I guess you chose Keldeo for it's special attack.

Why not try technician on Breloom? A boosted Mach Punch would be useful and Bullet Seed will break through subs.

Finally if you do want to use Hydro Pump on Mence I recommend a Naughty or Lonely nature so that you don't affect your Sp.A stat.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
yolotot - I see your point. Though if both of the opposing Leads are asleep, I can switch in Mence and Keldeo for free setup. Still, I haven't actually tried out this Team yet, so I'll put Substitute as an option for both. And thanks? lol, it's just been theorymonned.

Pidj - idk if it is Banned tbh, I haven't done any testing with this Team yet. I'm not using Technician as Mach Punch is ridiculously weak without an SD first, and iirc Bullet Seed has to hit 4 times to do the equivalent of one Seed Bomb. Yes, breaking Subs and Sashes is helpful, but Breloom's main role is to put something to Sleep anyway. I'm using Adamant on Mence so that I don;t decrease my aleady average bulk, besides, I will rarely use Hydro Pump anyways.

Thanks for the rates.

yolotot

yolotot - I see your point. Though if both of the opposing Leads are asleep, I can switch in Mence and Keldeo for free setup. Still, I haven't actually tried out this Team yet, so I'll put Substitute as an option for both. And thanks? lol, it's just been theorymonned.

Politoed's Hypnosis cannot be relied upon in the long term, and neither can breloom due to its low speed leaving it often open on the first turn. You are not even guaranteed sleeping one lead, let alone both. substitute just gives you an extra layer of insurance and gives you a chance to win against OHKOs/crits that would otherwise destroy you in place of a move that offers little to you. Coverage is not as important in doubles as it is in singles as you have a partner to help you out.

SubSalac/SubLiechi is an option on Mence if your opponent wakes up and starts attacking. Lum Berry has less use because after two outrages you've left a sufficient dent in their team for Keldeo to clean up the rest. It's a more offensive way to go which tends to work better in the tower.

EDIT: Jolly on Breloom. Speed is waaaay more important to you.

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
I will tell you that Keldeo is banned in the Subway. That being said, I will advise you to use Raikou (my favorite). It can be a beast in the rain, and can carry the same coverage that Keldeo can, and even more. Yes, I know that this is me being biased toward Raikou, but I am just giving you a potential replacement for a banned pokemon.

Raikou@Life Orb/Air Balloon
Trait: Pressure
Nature: Rash
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 HP
-Thunder
-Weather Ball
-Shadow Ball
-Aura Sphere

I know that this is the event Raikou that might be a little hard to get a hold of, but it does work wonders. Rash Nature because that is what it was distributed as. Thunder has perfect accuracy (I can't believe that you don't have a Thunder abuser). Weather Ball in rain is essentially a 150 base power water type move. Shadow Ball is where I usually put a Hidden Power, but since you previously said that you hate Hidden Powers, I threw in Shadow Ball for it. Aura Sphere, although it doesn't hit on the physical side, is Raikou's form of Secret Sword. It does, however have perfect accuracy and it is a great move in general.

Yes, it is a personal preference, but it does do the job.

AegisCave

I think Keldeo is banned but I'm not 100% sure on that so it'd be worth checking.

Some thoughts:
Hypnosis and Focus Miss on Poli will miss too often to make them valuable in the Subway since hax is the leading cause of broken streaks. Mence offers similar resistances to Gyarados and misses out on rain boosts outside of Hydro Pump (which isn't a very good choice since splitting EVs will hurt his ability to kill things and without splitting EVs Hydro Pump will be out damaged by another of his moves 99% of the time). So Gyarados is worth considering over Mence (just be careful of the electric weakness). Without Technician on Breloom Low Sweep is generally inferior to a stronger Fighting STAB or in this case a coverage move since you sport Drain Punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.