• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

It seems that some stores are breaking the street date...

PDL

disenchanted
I'm not sure if you guys know this or not, but even though the release date is April 22nd, the shipping date was actually the 16th. This means that the stores you've reserved your copy at might have the shipment already.

If you're lucky, there *might* be some game stores that might sell you the game now rather then on Sunday, but this isn't a guarantee (and also against store policy.)

effervescence

Resident Techy
there retro stores

ps. what does retro mean
Retro = backwards, so a retro games store would be one that deals mostly in used and classic systems, from the 80's and 90's. Since they're usually locally owned (not controlled by a national corporation) and the guy at the register is usually both the manager and a good friend to the regulars, they can usually slip by under the radar with a few broken street dates.

Please, though, DON'T go into a place you've never been and ask the guy for Pokemon D/P. If you're a new customer, they won't treat you as nice. Oh, they'll be friendly, but they'll have to tell you that no, we can't break the street date for you.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
I doubt it. The Walmart thread discusses this, and stores can get into some MAJOR legal issues if they break the street date. The shipping date is just when the games are shipped to the stores, IIRC.

Mirai Mirai

rabid kitten
The only problem is that stores like Gamestop don't ship on Sundays. A lot of people will be getting their games on either Monday or Tuesday.

TooCoolScyther

Sea Ruby Trainer
Eh. Things happen. Those stores caught will get sued if Nintendo does bother with it. I remember getting Gold and Silver a few days before it's release at a store called "Game Keeper". Then a year later, that store went out of business. So with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, and now Diamond/Pearl... I just have it reserved at Target. Sunday is just a few days away. I don't see why people are getting worked up over some people playing it earlier.

It's not like they totally have the advantage when it comes to Wi-Fi. I mean, the Japanese people already have superior advantage, head-start wise. We'll all catch up eventually.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
The only problem is that stores like Gamestop don't ship on Sundays. A lot of people will be getting their games on either Monday or Tuesday.

You're talking about pre-orders, correct? Because pretty much all of the stores that sell Diamond and Pearl have them by now; they are just waiting until Sunday to put them up on the shelves.

Mirai Mirai

rabid kitten
You're talking about pre-orders, correct? Because pretty much all of the stores that sell Diamond and Pearl have them by now; they are just waiting until Sunday to put them up on the shelves.

No, I'm talking about pre-orders done online.

Sorkai

Well people dont really care they know people are pokemon fanactics and they will come to their store.