• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

It was Paul and Ash's Chimchar that ruined the anime for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thriller

Its almost time
I stopped caring about the anime around the Diamond and Pearl Saga. There were just plenty things that happened that I did not like. The Aipom/Buizel trade, Zoey, that fat guy Kenny, Jessie's horrendous Contest getup, the whole Saga being too long, but I think if there's anything that takes the cake in what ruined the Saga for me, it was the Chimchar.

Yes, I hated that Chimchar. I couldn't stand it. Every time it showed its pathetic face, it only served to up its patheticness further. Don't even go on to me about how Paul was abusing it. Thats what should have made Chimchar toughen up and grow some damn balls, but no.

Particularly, it was the first Tag Battle competition that really grated me. Again, all Chimchar could do was make pathetic faces, and when the Zangoose had him clawed to the ground, all it could do was futily kick at the ground and the air, like a pathetic little boy wanting nothing more than to be freed.

I was freaking glad to see Paul kicking that little wimp out, expressing the exact same sentiments I've been going on about.

Chimchar was absolutely pathetic.

Then, at that very moment, Ash, being a goody-two-shoes that he is and having some desire to only capture Starter Pokemon and not random Pokemon, then adopted Chimchar, that pathetic wimp. Seriously?

Oh well, at least this means Ash has two Monkeys on his team.

Nope, two episodes later, Ash trades one of his awesome (and far, FAR more awesome than that pathetic Chimcar) monkeys for one of the ugliest Pokemon in existence.

Seriously, with Buizel's ugliness and Chimchar's patheticness, I really couldn't stand this Saga.

I stopped caring about the anime around the Diamond and Pearl Saga. There were just plenty things that happened that I did not like. The Aipom/Buizel trade, Zoey, that fat guy Kenny, Jessie's horrendous Contest getup, the whole Saga being too long, but I think if there's anything that takes the cake in what ruined the Saga for me, it was the Chimchar.

Yes, I hated that Chimchar. I couldn't stand it. Every time it showed its pathetic face, it only served to up its patheticness further. Don't even go on to me about how Paul was abusing it. Thats what should have made Chimchar toughen up and grow some damn balls, but no.

Particularly, it was the first Tag Battle competition that really grated me. Again, all Chimchar could do was make pathetic faces, and when the Zangoose had him clawed to the ground, all it could do was futily kick at the ground and the air, like a pathetic little boy wanting nothing more than to be freed.

I was freaking glad to see Paul kicking that little wimp out, expressing the exact same sentiments I've been going on about.

Chimchar was absolutely pathetic.

Then, at that very moment, Ash, being a goody-two-shoes that he is and having some desire to only capture Starter Pokemon and not random Pokemon, then adopted Chimchar, that pathetic wimp. Seriously?

Oh well, at least this means Ash has two Monkeys on his team.

Nope, two episodes later, Ash trades one of his awesome (and far, FAR more awesome than that pathetic Chimcar) monkeys for one of the ugliest Pokemon in existence.

Seriously, with Buizel's ugliness and Chimchar's patheticness, I really couldn't stand this Saga.
I stopped caring about it as well during DP, but not because of that, but more or less because of how horribly handled Brock and Team Rocket were as characters in the Series-- still, I feel your pain.

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king
Im not crazy about the size of Chimchar's feet, they looked a bit too large.

Also: when did Paul get the time to make a Serebii account?

Teebu

I didn't find chimchar memorable in any sense, good or bad, it just kind of existed. Same applies for torkoal & cyndaquil. I wasn't a big fan of DP either though.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
So let me guess this straight you're complaining about Chimchar being weak and pathetic? Someone clearly never finished DP. And as for Buizel, it had more feats than Aipom at the end of DP.

Last edited:

zhixun

Look at what Goukazaru did in the anime. He eventually earned Shinji's respect at the quarter finals so Hikozaru certainly rocks in the series.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
To be fair, Gen IV had a piss-poor amount of Fire types and only the Chimchar line was plausible since Heatran and Magmortar seemed to be out of the question imo. Unless they wanted to break the pattern of Ash owning a Fire type Pokémon, Chimchar was the only real choice for Ash.

but tbh Infernape is one of my least favorite things in DP and that's why the Chimchar line's my least favorite Fire Pokémon.

phanpycross

God-king

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
The only thing I didn't truly like about Chimchar was his personality. I found it quite bland, to be honest.

And about the whole 'pathetic' thing... I think it was meant to teach you that even a rather weak Pokemon can become quite powerful, or that only under certain circumstances a true potential can be unlocked. After all, we even got the "strongest" Magikarp, and Elesa's Tynamo showed to be quite powerful, despite using a simple Tackle (which could have been stopped by a Ghost-type, but that's not the point).

Soniman

Break the Limit

Okay so, thanks for admitting you never actually watched past like, early DP.

Considerig the last DP topic, I think you'll fit in quite well here

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Guys this is Thriller he posted the same things back in 2008. He's just mad Ambipom was released so it made him hate the entire DP saga.

Why he's taking it out on Chimchar just because it was another monkey is beyond me.

CowNorris

Observing.
I stopped caring about your post half way.
Yes, I hated your post.

Your post was absolutely pathetic.

MattySadler

CowNorris said what I was going to say ^.

I thought the Ash-Chimchar-Paul thing was one of the highlights of that series, personally.

Also, "having some desire to only capture Starter Pokemon and not random Pokemon" is possibly one of the single most stupid things I have ever read on this forum.

Sprinter1988

It was nice to see one of Ash's pokemon have a story arc that ran for an entire saga for a change, rather than a few sparodic bits of development.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
We don't allow threads dedicated to personal rants. If you want to review DP, please do so in the already existing thread in the Episode Discussion section.

Status
Not open for further replies.