• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Items- One use or not?

I;ve always been confused about a few items and whether they were one use or not (gone after use) like choice bands and stuff.
Some items like the plates or berries are obvious that they're 1 use, but there are others which are ambiguous...
I can't think of all of them rite now, but if anyone else want s to know something, they should ask here, and hope theres someone who has the answers...
what i want to know is about choice band/specs and focus band/sash

P.S.how does thief etc. work in the battle tower?

Ridley

Rawr
When you're fighting a normal battle within the game, against a wild pokemon, or a trainer/gym leader, items like berries, herbs, and the Focus Sash are permanently lost when used. Items lost while using Fling or Natural Gift are also permanent. The Arceus Plates, Choice accessories, and Focus Band are not one-use items. When you use Trick, Thief, or Covet, you permanently switch items. I don't know for sure if Knock Off makes you lose your item permanently.

When you're playing in PBR, with a friend over wireless, or in the Battle Tower, items that would normally have one use are restored after the battle is over. If you use Trick, Thief, or Covet in one of these situations, you gain the opponent's item only for the remainder of the battle.

Basically, if you don't gain EXP in the battle, when it's over, your pokemon will be exactly the same as they were before the battle.

Last edited:

J. Fisk

Do all the items you attach for trade evos disappear?
Like when I gave my porygon an upgrade, I couldn't believe it evaporated. How do you replace things like that?

^hack, replay a game, clone in emerald.

that shouldnt have suprised you BTW(all evo items should dissappear.....thats why they DO)