• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

It's a pokerus

Lareon

I've beat the leader of mahagony town. Went to pokemon centre. I got out of the pokemon centre. Pr.elm called me and said that he discovered pokerus. Then i saw my meganium with pokerus. I heard that it's an amazing thing. What do i do now? Help me.

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
@Larry: Don't lie
Its a good virus that boosts your pokes stats... I think

-Nator-

No need to worry, PokeRus is a very good thing to have. It doubles the effort values in your stats for each time you level up. So for example, you would gain +2 Attack instead of +1. If you don't want your Pokemon to have the PokeRus (for some crazy reason) then just leave it in your party until after midnight. If you want to keep it, make sure your Poke is in the PC by the time it's midnight.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
To put it simply and correctly... It's a good thing. It quickens your Pokemon's growth. Let your other Pokemon in the party catch it and store one of them in the PC so the PokeRus remains intact forever (as it goes away quickly). Then you could spread it to more Pokemon whenever you want! Spreading this virus is a good thing! :)

Baton Passer

Bzzzzzzzzzzt!
Good on you mate!

You got Pokerus.

Even better since the second generation runs on the much less efficient Stat XP. It takes 656 pokemon with a base 100 in the stat you are out to train in order to max out said stat. Don't fret, however, the second generation doesnt call as strictly for evs as later gens do. Overall, nothing has changed. just spread the pokerus around, it doesn't damage you pokes, and your game is fine.

RedTroopa

Flame Trainer
You got Pokerus in gen II!? Back then the odds of getting the pokerus was far lower than it is now. A 3 in 65,536 chance of finding it, plus you had no idea that a Pokemon would have it. There is a 1 in 8,192 chance of getting a shiny Pokemon. You can see why this is a very lucky thing for you.

Aquarelle

Staff member
You got Pokerus in gen II!? Back then the odds of getting the pokerus was far lower than it is now. A 3 in 65,536 chance of finding it, plus you had no idea that a Pokemon would have it. There is a 1 in 8,192 chance of getting a shiny Pokemon. You can see why this is a very lucky thing for you.

I'm pretty sure the odds of encountering a Pokemon with the Pokerus in the newer games is still 3 in 65,536, just like in Gen II.

Of course, wi-fi trading in gens IV & V can make it easier for people to obtain Pokemon with the Pokerus, so in that sense you are right about it being harder to get Pokerus in GSC. But the odds of finding a Pokerus-infected Pokemon on your game are the same in all gens.

(btw, I have been infected with the Pokerus three times, on Emerald, Pearl, and Black. I don't want to think about what the odds are. o_O)

Last edited:

ricedonut

pringle user
Wow I didnt know Pokerus existed before generation III! You learn something new every day

Gomez025

1st & 2nd Gen champ!
I just found out what it was right here and my pokemon caught it today on Pokemon White! I actually ignored that message because i thought it was nurse joy doing her usual babbling! Ahh!

Your lucky, Pokerus is pretty rare in 2nd Gen. I only ever got it once.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

It increases your pokemon's stats when they level up, so its really a good thing.

Lareon

Thanks for the help u guys..... The pokerus gave me a good advantage. I took down thd elite4 with only my lvl64 typhlosion.... Twice.