• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

It's an Outbreak-chu! The Pikachu Valley!! (1034)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ash and friends were dealing with not just any Pikachu fan, but a Pikachu Otaku. (Thank you Pokemonrangerboy12 for that review on youtube.)

Otaku's are basically fans cranked up a couple notches to the point of obsession.
I was going to say that she did have a pretty unhealthy obsession with Pikachu anyway. Even so she could remember the differences between a Kanto and an Alolan Pikachu on the top of her head.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'm glad Bravochu took his loss like a champ, and Kurin isn't really a loss for Pikachu, since he's got Piplup, Buneary, Emolga, Togedemaru, and a Mew that are interested in him...

Buneary, Togedemaru makes sense and I think Mew as well (which one are you talking about specifically? Movie 8?)

The other two are weird picks. Specially Emolga. Don't recall she showing interest on Pikachu unless I missed something out the show (the shorts before the movies?)

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Buneary, Togedemaru makes sense and I think Mew as well (which one are you talking about specifically? Movie 8?)

The other two are weird picks. Specially Emolga. Don't recall she showing interest on Pikachu unless I missed something out the show (the shorts before the movies?)
Eh, she's female, which is usually enough justification for shippers

Also a Pikaclone, which helps

Leonhart

Imagineer
Seeing so many Pikachu running around in a paradise of their own reminded me of Pikachu's fake farewell episode, except that this one was much more amusing due to Mimikkyu's involvement.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
A few more and he'll have enough more written episodes than the first series has for its run lol

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
"The rumors are true, and our heroes can't pika-believe what they see" was the episode description, and since Rotom started off the episode by saying the rumors are true, I guess we know where that part of it came from

This girl is cosplaying as Pikachu
Wow she knows it's Kanto Pikachu

Lol I thought they were flirting just as Ash's Pikachu thought as well

How can they not even recognize the Pikachu they've been chasing for 21 years?

The WTP didn't sound like Ash's Pikachu

What's up with his weird head? (I haven't played USUM)

Why would Ash want Pikachu to not battle?
He loves battles
BITES THE OTHER ONE'S TAIL?!

Damn, I should have realized/predicted earlier in the episode when the dude used Volt Tackle that the whole point was to set up Catastropika later in the episode. Instead I sillily thought "good I'm glad Ash remembers what Volt Tackle looks like" lol

After this episode I guess I know why Pikala won best SM COTD lol

It's been a while since I reviewed an episode, but this episode inspired me. I didn't think I was going to like it, but I was actually thoroughly entertained.

It was wonderful to see Team Rocket's Z-Power again. I wish we saw more of Mimikyu and Mareanie in this series, but alas. This episode was nice for Mimikyu. Team Rocket being afraid of it at the beginning was hilarious, and "Ready," "Willing," "Able," "WOBBU!" actually made me laugh.

I'm also surprised all of the "Pika"s didn't annoy me. Neither did the COTD, now that I think about it. Great!

I loved Kiawe and his sister in this episode. Their relationship is always so wholesome to see, and I surprisingly didn't miss the other classmates here because I felt that they, along with Ash, Team Rocket, and the COTD whose name is evading me, carried the episode by themselves.

Seeing Catastropika was okay, and it definitely looks like Ash is thinking "Dang it, but my Pikachu already learned and forgot Volt Tackle!" when Rotom tells him the move is necessary for the Z-Move.

Pikachu vs. Shiny Pikachu was entertaining honestly. I wish it was slightly longer, but Volt Tackle vs. Electro Web was interesting!

I feel like I had more to say, but overall this was a very interesting filler!

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
Oh my GOD this was so incredibly annoying! I could leave it at that and the point would be clear: this episode was painful to experience. Pikarla was really ****ing annoying and so was that stupid verbal tic she introduced and had everyone copy. In fact, I think it's time I said this:

Pinky the lab mouse is the one and only character who's ever made verbal tics funny and endearing. Everyone else (especially characters from JP cartoons) failed completely. So stop trying to make them funny because that's impossible (again, for anyone not named Pinky). Verbal tics aren't funny if you aren't Pinky the lab mouse!

Curly's theme is the only good thing about this episode. Otherwise, it was complete junk and how dare it be the act to follow the greatness that was last week's episode?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Yeah, this was obnoxious. I can handle Pokémon saying their own names, as that sounds natural to me after 20 years, but humans constantly saying Pika? No. Just no. It was made worse by the character just being crazy in general. She would have been annoying even without the fake pika-speak.

The episode itself wasn't horrible. Wasn't anything too good, but wasn't horrible either. It had Team Rocket and battles, so that's a win in my book.

Happy to know that Ash still knows what a Volt Tackle is, and judging by his face when Rotom told him that Pikachu needed to know it to use Catastro-Pika suggests to me that Ash now regrets having Pikachu not know it. To this day, I will never understand why the writers had Pikachu forget its special signature move.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Oh my GOD this was so incredibly annoying! I could leave it at that and the point would be clear: this episode was painful to experience. Pikarla was really ****ing annoying and so was that stupid verbal tic she introduced and had everyone copy. In fact, I think it's time I said this:

Pinky the lab mouse is the one and only character who's ever made verbal tics funny and endearing. Everyone else (especially characters from JP cartoons) failed completely. So stop trying to make them funny because that's impossible (again, for anyone not named Pinky). Verbal tics aren't funny if you aren't Pinky the lab mouse!

Curly's theme is the only good thing about this episode. Otherwise, it was complete junk and how dare it be the act to follow the greatness that was last week's episode?
at least you didn't have to wait three weeks for this
(and then a month of filler)

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I sort of like that Ash's Pikachu try to show-off to all the female Pikachus and the face it made after failing to impress them was priceless.

It didn't fail; it was just a misunderstanding where they were just greeeting him not flirting with him as he thought.

I can't believe I didn't notice that. I await his response. :D

OMG! The anime producers recognize the user here. They'll probably going to reward him something for mentioning his name.

Is @satopi now considered the king of PAD since his username was mentioned in an actual episode?

You know, this is embarassing but before reading this thread I always thought satopi was a woman for some reason. smh. I feel bad. Yikes. Sorry.

Vipsoccermaster

Now, I like Pikachu, but this episode was weird. A Pikachu-focused episode is fine every now and then, but Pikarla's three rules were really odd. One of them is just too much. Use "Pika" somewhere in a sentence. Ok, we get it, but it was too much by the end. Poor Pikachu, he can't win everyone, but he has his friends from past regions (and Togedemaru for this region). The shiny Pikachu looked mean at first, but he was actually a good Pikachu.

Too bad for Team Rocket, but at least they truly blasted off for real this time.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

DatsRight

I just appreciate Team Rocket fit hijacking this episode and doing such in an amusing creative way, rather than their usual 'Poochie vs the fireworks factory' approach.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
It's online on Pokémon TV now. Still gives a bit of a different experience watching it in your own language. Marc Swint (English Kiawe VA) posted about a month ago that this is the episode that finally broke Kiawe, and I can totally see what he meant in that opening section when Kiawe is put under so much peer pressure to join along in the Pika insanity. And then when he breaks he breaks completely and goes all-out in actually becoming Pikachu.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
It has been a while since the last Pika centered episode so I approached this with a mix of caution and curiosity. The Pika girl scared me at first and I was worried that if she took this too far, there was a risk that she could become extremely annoying. I was relieved however by around the time she had finished explaining the rules for the Pika speak. Not everyone likes Pikachu but thankfully I happen to like them so these Pika shenanigans are ok by me.

I was actually pretty shocked to find out that the Pika girl CAUGHT all of the Pikachu. In a battle situation her Pika focused team would clearly have weak spots in type coverage but I rather like seeing a trainer who specializes in something once again. This was a good time for Team Rocket as well since fake Pikachu (mimikkyu) had a fairly decent performance too, even though they lost.

Going into this adventure I have to admit I was nervous but I could not stop watching because I wanted to see how this whole Pika thing would play out. Maybe not so great if you are not a Pika fan but I think this was a surprisingly good episode.

Last edited: