1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

It's been 4 years, happy? Just RMT.

Discussion in '5th Gen In-Game RMT' started by [GS], Feb 18, 2012.

1. [GS]

[GS] Staring at my phone

In honor of my 4th anniversary here at SppF I figured I'd post... Something. I was originally planning on starting the doubles train, but that didn't go well, so here's something for singles. I'm actually quite tired of Subway singles, so this is just something to get me back into things, hopefully no 30+ minute rounds this time. >.>

[​IMG]
    Latias @ Choice Scarf
    Timid Nature
    252 HP/158 Def/100 Spe
    *Levitate*
    ~ Trick
    ~ Flash
    ~ Charm
    ~ Thunder Wave

Managed to get a flawless shiny Latias, so I figured I'd update my old set to better suit my needs in the subway. The Spe EV's still put her above Garchomp3 while scarfed and she sits at 157 Spe without it, letting her beat Moltres and Roserade so she can hopefully stop them from sweeping me. The moves are obvious, so I'll just move on.

[​IMG]
    Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    Adamant Nature
    252 Atk/200 HP/54 SpD/4 Spe
    *Poison Heal*
    ~ Bulk Up
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Seed Bomb
    ~ Mach Punch

This Breloom was on one of my first teams for the Subway, and has served as a spot filler in several other runs. 200 HP EV's give him a stat divisible by 8 for max recovery, max Atk, 4 Spe EV's to beat other base 70's that don't invest and the rest are dumped in SpD. Mach Punch gets rid of the need for massive Spe investment and Seed Bomb is for STAB and coverage.

[​IMG]
    Octillery @ Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    252 SpA/216 Spe/42 HP
    *Moody*
    ~ Surf
    ~ Protect
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Substitute/Energy Ball

My fun new toy, not even certain it will work. The Spe EV's let me outspeed all Jolteon, Crobat and Aerodactyl in the Subway after a boost. Max SpA is obvious and the rest were dumped into HP. Surf is my STAB, I chose it over Hydro Pump for PP/accuracy reasons. Ice Beam lets him deal with grass types and Sub is for free boosts. Energy Ball could give him a reliable way to deal with other water types who would wall him otherwise. Protect is there bcoz boosts.

That's it so, rate on. Thanks for 4 decent years of membership. ^^

A special thanks to the following members for making things fucking awesome. If you don't know them, that sucks.

Alex, Garrett, Mason, Nick, Alcario, Steph, V4E, Jordan, Final, Terry, Chris, Oscar, Foxyman, Lydia, Archangel, Shine, Ninetails and I'm probably missing a couple of others, but thanks.

;213; a.k.a. ;143;

2. Dragonicwari

Dragonicwari Artistically angry

Only thing i would suggest is at least one attacking move on latias, but thats a personal preference. Good team, looks like youll have some fun with it

3. peacemaker987

peacemaker987 Custom User Title

Congrats Joe, oh the nostalgia...

I somewhat agree with Dragonicwari here, what happens when you lead against Garchomp3, exchange choice scarves? Draco Meteor > Charm, Breloom can set up easy enough considering he has le Bulk up. Then again, this makes me think that a Calm Minder would fit better than Loom, if you stick with Charm.

Otherwise, it's pretty great dood xD
    gluck~

4. [GS]

[GS] Staring at my phone

If I lead against any Garchomp I'd probably just Charm straight away, I'd rather go up against a crippled Chomp than risk giving it a Scarf and getting ripped apart. That, however, is also risky because it could end up being SDChomp and just start setting up. I could try to PP stall or wait for it to attack and send out Loom, but he's not even the biggest problem.

Roserade outspeeds and can beat both my set-up pkmn with his STABs. Moltres could cause some problems if Loom is out and Latias is down.

Going with a CM user does make sense with Charm, but then I'd be heavy on the special side, so I'll just work around it for the time being.

5. Vandslaux

Vandslaux Well-Known Member

I'd just use Charm against Garchomp, for the same reasons that you gave a while back for my Tower team, which, actually, got 91 before falling to bad matchups. A Scarf Outrage will OHKO every one of your pokemon, I'm almost positive.

Otherwise good, other than the Roserade weakness. You could fix that with putting a SD Scizor over Breloom. A +4/+6 Bullet Punch should OHKO most Fire-types anyway. And Heatran is setup fodder for Octillery anyway, but I think one of the sets uses Power Herb SolarBeam.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  6. Noctourniquet

Noctourniquet ∆∆∆

have those mentioned base 130s presented any sort of issue for octillery before? if not i would really really recommend you take some of those speed evs out and dump them into hp. octillery's set up is less reliable than an acupressure-user's set up because of the simultaneous stat drops so if anything you need more bulk than normal. i know this because, for once, i've actually used the pokémon i'm rating lol. i think you'll find that the hp goes a long way. and while i'm chatting about octillery, sub > energy ball please. you'll need it.

same sort of thing with breloom. you've got a crazy base atk stat which you can guarantee boosts on with bulk up but there's not much natural bulk to go with that. move 52 evs from atk into hp imo, unless those 52 evs do something specific which you miss out on.

move latias' def evs into spdef. you have charm to soften up physical hits anyway. or, keep it as it is, and have recover > charm. but i don't see the point in making latias a physical wall when it's not actually dealing with anything at all on its own. have you done any calcs regarding the difference made by that def? i just ran some against both of the subway's garchomps which could threaten you and the 100 def evs make absolutely no difference against either of them; one has outrage which will always ohko, and one has dragon claw which will always 2hko. unless there's another very obvious threat which can hit around those sort of numbers but gets stopped by 100 def evs, i don't see much of a point in them being there. otherwise, imo, leave latias unchanged.

that's about it. good luck.

7. So disgustingly honoured. you're thanking terry?

I heard something about Soak being used in tandem with moody Octillery. Try it out maybe?

@Joe: cool sig.

@Alex: I like turtles.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012