• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

It's Britney B*tch

Usatoday

Eternal God
j0p.png

Credit to the banner by
Flower Paradise Graphics

Introduction
Hello all this is I believe my fifth rmt here on smogon and I have brought to you today a sand stall team I have been laddering with and have rather nice success, it is a team focused around stalling out power points and health with toxic from toxic spikes. The team itself is focused around to really unappreciated pokemon in the form of bulky kyurem and sub roost zapdos both of which have pressure and function near perfectly together.

Team In Preview

485.gif
450.gif
593.gif
205.gif
646.gif
145.gif

Brief Team Building Process
346.gif
450.gif
593.gif

I started off with a sand core I thought would be able to take on a lot of things in the common metagame, however it was still flawed and raped by hail, and volcarona.
346.gif
450.gif
593.gif
380.gif
212.gif
135.gif

Then I threw in a volt turn core of jolteon and scizor that allowed me to better check hail teams and threw in a calm minding latias that would allow me to have a set up sweeper. The problem with this point in the team is that it was rather shitty and extremely gimmicky to the point of stupidity with thing such as wish passing jolteon.
346.gif
450.gif
593.gif
205.gif
646.gif
178f.gif

This was the third version of the team that focused more around a sub roost kyurem stalling out pokemon with substitute, pressure to stall terrakion out of its stabs moves for example. I also threw in a forretress over scizor to give me more of a defensively based team which also gave me access to having a toxic spiker which was something I had been needing. Xatu was the last one fit in and one that I felt would help forretress with hazard prevention/removal.

346.gif
450.gif
593.gif
205.gif
646.gif
145.gif

Xatu wasn't pulling it's weight so I gave the team a pokemon that could check thundurus therian and landorus incarnate rather well. Zapdos fit well in place of xatu with better special attack and a stronger heat wave I could better abuse when dealing with ferrothorn, as well as a secondary sub rooster.

485.gif
450.gif
593.gif
205.gif
646.gif
145.gif

Heatran joined the group over cradily due to its amazing special bulk and ability to sponge draco meteors, as well as wall calm mind latias lacking surf.

In Depth Description

tumblr_m7d9l7tAuh1qlms3vo1_500.gif

485.gif
Leftovers_Bag_Sprite.png
485.gif

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Analysis: Heatran here has filled an important role since I began testing ovr my former member of cradily for this slot, what it brought to the table was amazing. Now I have never been a big fan of specially defensive heatran simply because it refuses to work for me, however in this team it seemed to mesh too well with the rest of the team. It single handily countered any form of sun without a dugtrio which is quite a bit as most of them have nothing that appreciates a sun boosted lava plum. Heatran also allowed me to check latias that wasn't life orbed so that I could phase them out with roar. Lava plume allows heatran to have a form of stab that has an incredibly annoying rate to burn the opponent, it also will hit grass types such as venusaur, non earth power celebi, and ferrothorn. Toxic enables heatran to smight the wicked souls of ou that would want to switch in and hence is able to cripple quiver dance volcarona, and latias. Roar allows me to rack up toxic and stealth rock residual damage. Finally stealth rock should be fairly evident to cripple volcanrona among other things.

EVs: The evs are fairly evident eight speed allows heatran to outpace minimal speed heatran, while the rest is thrown into special defense and health to take hits better.
252 SpAtk Life Orb Latios (Neutral) Draco Meteor vs 248 HP / 252 SpDef Leftovers Flash Fire Heatran (+SpDef): 20.5% - 24.2% (79 - 93 HP). Guaranteed 5HKO.

Too high
Can’t come down
It’s in the air
And it’s all around
Can you feel me now

tumblr_m3iomhT8vZ1qd87hlo1_500.gif

450.gif
Leftovers_Bag_Sprite.png
450.gif

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Ice Fang
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake

Analysis: Secondly we have hippowdon the weather summoner. It allows me to run weather control upon rain and sun teams when I get rid of the toad or demonic fox. Slack off allows for hippowdown to be the only weather summoner with reliable recovery and I put this to good use stalling out pokemon with sandstorm damage. Earthquake allows for hippowdown to have a stab move to hit things such as terrakion, magnezone, and the rare cobalion. Ice fang is the move that was put over stealth rock and is one I have never regretted putting on it as it allows for hippowdown to hit the ever annoying dragon dance dragonite and the rare substitute swords dance garchomp. Whirlwind is the final move on hippowdown to allow for me to phaze out set up sweepers such as haxorus as they attempt to swords dance or dragon dance.

EVs: The evs are fairly straight forward max defense to optimize the ability hippowdown has to tank hits. The hp evs allow hippowdown to hit a perfect leftovers number. The remaining evs are put into attack to add a little extra kick.

252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion (Neutral) Close Combat vs 252 HP / 252 Def Leftovers Hippowdon (+Def): 44% - 52% (187 - 222 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.

It’s getting late
To give you up
I took a sip
From my devil's cup
Slowly
It’s taking over me

tumblr_m4aumwcxzw1qckwxco1_r1_500.gif

593.gif
Leftovers_Bag_Sprite.png
593.gif

Jellicent (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 SpD
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Recover
- Scald

Analysis: Here we have the all mighty stash he is the mastermind behind this team as his puppetry allows him to keep all the hazards I set down assuming he lives long enough to see it through the entirety of the battle. Taunt is first on the is first on the list allowing me to take on nuisances such as skarmory, opposing jellicent, and hippowdon. It also allows me to completely shut down some pokemon that love to switch into jellicent such as amoonguss and gastrodon so that I can toxic them and eventually wear them down. Toxic allows for me to hit physical attackers who will attempt to switch in to jellicent wanting to hit it on its weaker side with either choice banded earthquake or stone edge. The next move is scald.
EVs: The evs on jellicent are fairly straight forward as they allow jellicent to peak out with leftovers recovery with the 176 hp evs this allows me to transfer some of the leftovers hp evs to defense to help tank a hit from terrakion if I need to late game and hippowdown has died. The rest are put into special defense to help jellicent check keldeo, landorus incarnate, and offensive heatran.

252 SpAtk Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus (Neutral) Earth Power vs 176 HP / 252 SpDef Leftovers Water Absorb Jellicent (+SpDef): 41% - 49% (159 - 189 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.

Baby, can’t you see
I’m calling
A guy like you
Should wear a warning

tumblr_m3l4kybAa21ql0vubo1_500.gif

205.gif
Leftovers_Bag_Sprite.png
205.gif

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 SDef
IVs: 0 Spd
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Volt Switch / Gravity
- Rapid Spin

Analysis: Would you like your clothes tumble dried? Anyways forretress here has quite a bit of pressure on it to remove stealth rock primarily as they rack up rather quickly when I have to constantly switch around to counter what my opponent has out. You may question my use of overcoat over sturdy, however I believe that forretress as a spinner is meant to come in on hazards sponge a hit and remove them. Hence why overcoat is more effective, it also is handy to have around for hail teams so I can spin on their tentacruel or bulky starmie. Gyro ball is their primarily to let me deal with substituting kyurem black that lack hidden power fire which is most of them. It is also handy to hit offensive spinblockers, the premier being gengar who usually takes a big giant turd upon forretress. However I will generally gyro ball as they sub and then volt switch predicting the disable. Volt switch hence is something that has saved my hide more times than I can count with this team as it allows forretress to act as a much needed pivot switch allowing me to go into the appropriate counter. It also focuses around me predicting their spinblocker coming in if they have multiple hazards set up. Gravity however is also an option as it allows any pokemon that is not poison or steel type to be hit by the toxic spikes. This would be mainly important for touching latias If I can phaze it in with hippowdown. Toxic spikes finally was chosen over spikes to allow me to hit various pokemon so that they can be toxic stalled by either kyurem or zapdos.

EVs: The evs give it enough to sponge some hits on the physical side, while being able to take one crucial special attack so that I can spin. These include a draco meteor from latios, or a thunder from jirachi.

252 SpAtk Gengar (Neutral) Focus Blast vs 252 HP / 80 SpDef Leftovers Sturdy Forretress (Neutral): 49% - 58% (175 - 207 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 17% chance to 2HKO with Leftovers.

Too high
Can’t come down
Losing my head
Spinning ‘round and ‘round
Do you feel me now

tumblr_m9br6dMCoU1qkkeiso1_500.gif

380.gif
Leftovers_Bag_Sprite.png
380.gif

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Hp | 228 Def | 28 Spd
Bold Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Roar

Analysis: Suggested to me by mcdanger Latias here has been one of the biggest improvements to the team as it gives me not only a way to deal with keldeo but a main switch into landorus incarnate as with the physically defensive spread I can sponge not only U-Turns from landorus but also it gives me a 50/50 chance to go head to head with a choice banded tyranitar and come out alive. Most tyranitar will pursuit me anyways because they think I can't really do anything to them. However with the addition of roar on latias I can phaze out the tyranitar live a hit and then recover off at a convenient time. This is where the mind games happen, when tyranitar rears it's ugly face again to try to kill latias I have a 50/50 shot of them crunching me or pursuiting me. I will always switch out the second time into my forretress predicting the crunch sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. Calm mind is what makes latias the most potent pokemon on this team as it gives me a late game win condition. Recover obviously allows me to heal off damage and dragon pulse is a stab move to prevent me from being taunt bait.

EVs: The ev spread is fairly straight forward the speed investment allows me to outspeed breloom with maximum health investment to sponge hits and the rest thrown into defense.

252 Atk Tyranitar (+Atk) Pursuit vs 252 HP / 228 Def Latias (+Def): 48% - 57% (174 - 206). Guaranteed 2HKO.

There’s no escape
I can’t wait
I need a hit
Baby, give me it
You’re dangerous

tumblr_lxk4b1l4Nm1qfwzeuo1_500.gif

145.gif
145.gif

Leftovers_Bag_Sprite.png

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spd
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave / Roar

Analysis: Zapdos is obviously the best electric type so take a back seat pikachu. Zapdos fills one of the most crucial roles in this team as it is the singe best check I have to tornadus, landorus incarnate, and thundurus therian because of its high special bulk. Pressure is the crux of this set and my purpose for using it, with pressure I can stall my opponent out of certain moves that have low power points such as the hydro pump from keldeo and rotom wash. Substitute also allows for zapdos to have a safe option to switch out and scout out the opponents sets. Substitute also allows for me to also switch zapdos out safely from the ever reoccurring choice banded pursuit from tyranitar. Roost allows zapdos to stall out my opponent via sandstorm and toxic. It also lets me keep zapdos healthy so that I can switch in multiple times on ever common threats I need zapdos for. Thunderbolt allows for me to hit bulky water types such as vaporeon, jellicent, and politoed. It also provides for a stab that can do some decent damage against some of the weaker pokemon in the tier. Finally there are two options I usually alternate for the last move slot, heat wave allows for me to hit scizor, ferrothorn, and prevent forretress from rapid spinning. However roar removes a lot of pressure from hippowdon to phaze out special sweepers such as calm mind latias, and volcarona.

EVs: The ev spread here is very simple to explain the health evs allow for zapdos to hit and odd number allowing more stealth rock switch ins while still maintaining the perfect leftovers number. The speed allows for zapdos much like kyurem to outrun standard defensive gliscor. I threw the rest into defense investment to help zapdos sponge some hits.

252 SpAtk Keldeo (Neutral) Hydro Pump vs 192 HP / 252 SpDef Zapdos (+SpDef): 40% - 48% (151 - 178 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.

With a taste of your lips
I’m on a ride
You're toxic I'm slipping under
With a taste of a poison paradise
I’m addicted to you

Battle Replays

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Currently Testing

Spikes > Toxic Spikes

Import

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Ice Fang
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake

Jellicent (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 SpD
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Recover
- Scald

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 SDef
IVs: 0 Spd
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin

Latias @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spd
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Roar
- Recover

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spd
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave

Retired Members
tumblr_m90ioyBJAS1qj6jppo1_500.gif

346.gif
Leftovers_Bag_Sprite.png
346.gif

Cradily (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Analysis: First off is Cradily which is perhaps the backbone of the team and perhaps the best special sponge this team has. This is my primary switch in to things such as gengar's shadow ball, choice specs draco meteor from latios, and tank a variety of ice attacks even. Recover allows for me to stall out pokemon either by sandstorm or via toxic damage from toxic spikes It also helps keep cradily healthy allowing me to come in on threats more often. Giga drain is obviously a stab move that allows for me to hit bulky water types such as politoed, gastrodon, and jellicent. It also allows for me to ware down hippowdon, tyranitar, and kingdra. Hidden power fire allows for me to nail forretress, ferrothorn, and more importantly scizor. Scizor is the most important because it seems to love switching into cradily more often than not wanting to get a free U-Turn off. Finally stealth rock allows me to alleviate of one of the biggest threats this team has to face volcarona as it must first switch in on rocks and then find a way to set up. Stealth rock on cradily may seem weird over hippowdon however it allows for me to have room for ice fang on hippowdon. Storm drain is really my original use for this pokemon as it allows me to alleviate pressure off of jellicent to solely counter rain to the point that if I lost jellicent I would get dominated by rain.

EVs: The evs here are really quite simple, the hit point evs allow for cradily to hit a perfect leftovers number, this allows for me to invest a little into special attack which actually allows for me to add a little extra fire power into the government.

32 SpAtk Cradily (Neutral) Hidden Power (Fire) vs 252 HP / 0 SpDef Scizor (Neutral): 61% - 73% (212 - 252 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

h2553E53E

646.gif
Leftovers_Bag_Sprite.png
646.gif

Kyurem @ Leftovers
EVs: 176 Hp | 8 SAtk | 248 SDef | 76 Spd
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Roost

Analysis: It's clear to see who is better here in the competition of kyurem v. keldeo. Joking aside kyurem is one of the most crucial members on the team as it allows me to troll my opponents to high hell yess high hell, not low hell. Ice beam allows for kyurem to be one of the best defensive ice types around that can still hit like a freight train. Ice beam still nets a potential ohko on multiscale dragonite, and latios. Earth power is the most important move this kyurem has and is extremely important to this team as without kyurem I have no switch i to heatran or way to kill it. Roost allows kyurem to stall out pokemon such as rotom wash, celebi, and kyurem black. The amazing thing about kyurem is that it allows me to take on chlorophyll sweepers like venusaur, and lilligant and ohko them back with ice beam.

EVs: The ev spread is weird on this kyurem however they do have a point. The special defensive investment and the hp evs allow for kyurem to be able to set up a sub on a specially defensive heatran and not have its sub be broken by lava plume. The rest are split into special attack and speed to outrun standard sub toxic gliscor.

252 SpAtk Life Orb +2 Venusaur (+SAtk) Sludge Bomb vs 176 HP / 148 SpDef Kyurem (+SpDef): 68% - 80% (297 - 351 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

Last edited:

Cosmic Potato

Sexy Trainer
Lol me dumb, I thought I saw it a few weeks ago here!

Anyways this team is pretty solid but you might want to try HP ice on zapdos because special landorus is a huge threat to this team and if your only check can't do much to him that is not good.

Last edited:

Usatoday

Eternal God
Lol me dumb, I thought I saw it a few weeks ago here!

Anyways this team is pretty solid but you might want to try HP ice on zapdos because special landorus is a huge threat to this team and if your only check can't do much to him that is not good.

Heat wave + life orb damage is usually enough to 2hko

McDanger

Nice team USA (sorry you`ll always be USA :p)

Semi stall is hard to play, like stall but underrated

First thing i want to say is thunderus gives your team a lot of trouble making it so nothing can switch in safely in fear of a 2hko, and cm reuncilus can give you trouble, as zapdos will be warn down, and heatran ohkoed

I would suggest cm latias> zapdos as it can beat both of them handle keldeo (tho jelly walls it like a champ) and doesnt give up your second lando i check

Usatoday

Eternal God
Nice team USA (sorry you`ll always be USA :p)

Semi stall is hard to play, like stall but underrated

First thing i want to say is thunderus gives your team a lot of trouble making it so nothing can switch in safely in fear of a 2hko, and cm reuncilus can give you trouble, as zapdos will be warn down, and heatran ohkoed

I would suggest cm latias> zapdos as it can beat both of them handle keldeo (tho jelly walls it like a champ) and doesnt give up your second lando i check

what would you say to physcially defensive calm mind set with roar?

HeyI'mChubby

and (kind of) proud!
Good team. I noticed a mistake though. You say that Toxic will nab Amoonguss, but it doesn't because its a Poison type which Toxic is ineffective to, but that is not important. What is important is that this still is a very good team. I specifically like your choice in Overcoat instead of Sturdy which is very original.

Usatoday

Eternal God
Tested updated and bump

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
Give Heatran Heat Wave and take out Latias and replace her with Latios altogether.

Usatoday

Eternal God
Give Heatran Heat Wave and take out Latias and replace her with Latios altogether.

Why on earth wouldi run heat wave? Latios just mo read my description for why i need latias

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
Why on earth wouldi run heat wave? Latios just mo read my description for why i need latias

Heat Wave and a Life Orb = Damage. And Lots of it.

But I guess I can agree with you because this is a defensive/hazard Heatran.

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
And defensive Heatran always run Lava Plume for the Burn chance. If you want a damaging Fire move for Single Battles on Heatran, Fire Blast exists.

McDanger

Heat Wave and a Life Orb = Damage. And Lots of it.

But I guess I can agree with you because this is a defensive/hazard Heatran.

Seeing as this is stall ment to deal damage passively, so a LO would be stupid

Biggest issue I have is you have roar on 4/6 guys and 1 spiker, I would consider toxic or burn moves tho the only one that can really make room is zapdos, tho it may help giving you 3 guys that can inflict status

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
Seeing as this is stall ment to deal damage passively, so a LO would be stupid

Biggest issue I have is you have roar on 4/6 guys and 1 spiker, I would consider toxic or burn moves tho the only one that can really make room is zapdos, tho it may help giving you 3 guys that can inflict status
Zapdos is fine, its the same set I gave it for Worlds.
We could slide the Toxic/Burn job to Heatran, or she could get a Cofagrigis.

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Zapdos is fine, its the same set I gave it for Worlds

VGC (Worlds) is Doubles at Lv50. This is Singles at Lv100. Veeeeeeeeeeeeery different metagames, and if you try to give a Singles team advice for VGC it'll generally hurt the team more than it helps.

We could slide the Toxic/Burn job to Heatran, or she could get a Cofagrigis.

Cofagrigus wouldn't help this team at all. Further, Heatran already HAS Toxic, but Stall can always benefit from having more than one status spreader. Zapdos is really the only thing that has a move it can drop for Toxic, everything else can't afford to lose anything it has, I'm agreeing with mcdanger here about possibly Toxic on Zapdos.

Usatoday

Eternal God
Im not much for three toxic users how about hp ice for lando or thunder wave for keldeo?

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
I'd go HP Ice, simply because this is a stall team and you want your residual damage, so having a status like Paralysis that doesn't go away and blocks your Toxic and Scald burns seems kinda counterproductive. Granted, Keldeo seems like it's a bit tough to deal with for this team, so T-Wave could work just to deal with it, it's not a major threat paralyzed

McDanger

Im not much for three toxic users how about hp ice for lando or thunder wave for keldeo?

I'd go HP Ice, simply because this is a stall team and you want your residual damage, so having a status like Paralysis that doesn't go away and blocks your Toxic and Scald burns seems kinda counterproductive. Granted, Keldeo seems like it's a bit tough to deal with for this team, so T-Wave could work just to deal with it, it's not a major threat paralyzed

keldeo is cake, zapdos, latias, and jellicent shut it down, same with lando i. Thunder wave is not a good idea for stall as you dont need to worry as much about speed.