• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

It's digging time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quanyails

Shining Ninetales
I consider myself to be an expert digger; I find just about everything in an area, except for the 2x2 spheres in the most inconspituous areas. My secret? I look for the colors of a square one tap before revealing it. If there is a color other than gray or dark gray, I know there is an item behind it. A red sphere would have a pixel or two of red one tap before seeing the revealed square.

If areas have 3x3 boxes of the same density of rubble, I use the sledgehammer. If it's less, I prefer using the pickaxe. I'm a bit conservative when it comes digging, but I gather many spheres and treasures that way. I've gotten multiples of many fossils, all of the plates, many 99 spheres, Stones, Heart Scales, Revives (& Max ones), and hold items with ease.

The number of spheres I have contribute to the amount of goods I have in my secret base; it took me quite some time to list all of the items when checking for duplicates.

So there you have it! My secret to success! :)

Quanyails

Shining Ninetales
I consider myself to be an expert digger; I find just about everything in an area, except for the 2x2 spheres in the most inconspituous areas. My secret? I look for the colors of a square one tap before revealing it. If there is a color other than gray or dark gray, I know there is an item behind it. A red sphere would have a pixel or two of red one tap before seeing the revealed square.

If areas have 3x3 boxes of the same density of rubble, I use the sledgehammer. If it's less, I prefer using the pickaxe. I'm a bit conservative when it comes digging, but I gather many spheres and treasures that way. I've gotten multiples of many fossils, all of the plates, many 99 spheres, Stones, Heart Scales, Revives (& Max ones), and hold items with ease.

The number of spheres I have contribute to the amount of goods I have in my secret base; it took me quite some time to list all of the items when checking for duplicates.

So there you have it! My secret to success! :)

A-Burrito

<-- Favourite Shiny
i like digging & im quite good at it ... well sort of, when i want heart scales, i cant find them, & when i don't, they're everywhere

Tyla

meh!
I just use the hammer and stab my DS' touch screen as much as possible in as little time as I could. I find it funny. :D

Kwill

<---Meh Fave
i hammer a at random spots and i see any thing i like i use the pick.

myself

The Budha
im pretty good i go hunting for heart scales and shard for platinum

but i mainly use the sledge hammer

I usually start off by randomly breaking the wall with the hammer - It's quick and easy. When I find something, sometimes I will continue with the hammer (just because), but I will usually switch to the chisel to retrieve the item.

Despite the fact that I have raised dozens of fossils, hundreds of stones/bones, 'who knows how many' gems and shards, I have only ever found one plate underground (bug). Nowadays I don't go underground that much, but its still fun to toy around down there.

Selia

Skippity skip skip!
I use both.I look for items using a hammer, and when I find it, I use the pickaxe.But for bigger things, like fossils, I use the hammer.

Pika!

"PikaPikachu!"
I just samsh everything with a hammer... I know, it's not really a good stategy, but I got a heap of good items doing it.

redpanda

I use the hammer until I find an item, then switch to the pickax. I have have found tons of skull fossils, thunderstones, heartscales, and sunstones but it took me forever to find one waterstone! I've found most everything though so I guess my method isn't too terrible. :p

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I use the Hammer to get rid of most everything, then when I detect an item, I use the Pickaxe.

MorseCoder

Pokemon Champion
I use the Pick Axe in searching for items, usually the rare ones, i hate those Spheres, I have Like. Size 99 of those and Buried them for a month. And When I find one rare item, Change to Hammer and Finish the walls away.

embargo

through the loop.
The hammer, unless I see something of particular value, then I'll be more careful and use the pick axe.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i mostly use the hammer like a good brute does, when i'm spotting something i really want i'm using the pickaxe.

a friend of mine has a trick of how to see the items without the use of an AR, i should ask him when i get the chanse.

Dark Leviathan

Gyarados Tamer
As Phrexyian Garguantua said (Considering he's me XD) I flail around with the hammer.
I rarely get Heart Scales though. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.