• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

It's Freaking Independence Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccangelopearl1362

Hello. A pleasant surprise I see now, if perhaps a bit odd, in my case, but I find myself less worried than one might guess. My family and I have already had a special lunch at an American restaurant in my home city, and at this moment, I’m sitting back and doing some reading, most likely focused on the history of this illustrious day – at least for Americans – with some appropriate background music to reinforce my mood even further. The fireworks should come later this evening, at least in my corner of the world, and they should be very fun to watch, wrapping up American Independence Day 2009 for yours truly with a bang.

Ethan

Banned
Independence Day means more to me than I let on, actually. In addition to having a nice summer holiday (in which I get the day off), it's an opportunity to really appreciate what you have in the U.S., no matter how big or little it is. I see all this party-pooping on the day and it disturbs me a little. All this joking about "setting off illegal fireworks" and "celebrating the domination of less powerful nations" isn't actually that funny. It was funny to say back when I was a teenager, but it's a little stupid in retrospect.

For the folks from other countires who are barging in and saying they "don't care", you probably have your own celebrations of independence that everyone else in the world "doesn't care" about. I don't think anybody has the right to be getting on another nation's back about celebrating their darn independence, no matter how flashy it is.

Oh shutup dude. Everything was completely lighthearted. There's really nothing wrong with having or poking fun and dropping a few nationalist jokes here or there. If it really bugs you that much, that's kinda sad.

America was never an Empire.

You just don't know it yet. :p

Since my town is too cheap to get fireworks this year, I'll just stay inside and watch Glenn Beck tonight.

Oh, and screw around on Serebii Forums, of course.

Vernikova

Champion
I'm going to watch colorful explosions in the sky over the Hudson River. Before that though, I'll be watching the New York Yankees vs. the Toronto Blue Jays. [insert Yankees superiority comment]

Mankanshoku Mako

Stay up till 1am cursing those jerks still setting off those stupid little bombs that leave litter all over the street and make it impossible to sleep.

-SI-

I'm baaaaaack
I am going to our local 'International Food Festival'. It's a big deal. Tons of overpriced food. It's one of the highlights of my summer, seeing as I get to see aaaaaaaall of my friends there.
Before, the parade, and after, a concert and fireworks. How traditional.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Sitting at home.

Swimming/Doing absolutly nothing.

Oh, and NOT doing my english project.

I'm currently sick right now, so I'm gonna spend all day vomiting. :( I'll probably watch fireworks on TV, but I can't eat anything because the flu makes all food smell like ****. *vomits in trash can*

Cobalt_Latios

This is the day all of us fat Americans gather together to celebrate the birth of our magnificent and illustrious empire. Don't blink, whatever pathetic country you live in is probably next. Except for Mexico, no one likes Mexico.
Canada gets away scot free; we had ours on Wednesday. Damn Ontario and it's "legal fireworks", allowing people to buy fireworks and set them off. Kind of annoying when the main "professional" fireworks display is set off and you get these other people randomly setting theirs off.

Oh yeah, just out of curiosity, Babylon, are you the mod that changed the title of that one "Canada Day" thread I made? Because I didn't type in "4th of July lite..." or along those lines.

Btw, why so much hate for other countries?
I dunno, some strange American stereotype. They're not all like that.

The only good thing about Mexico is the fact that they are right next to AMERICA.
Well, we're right next to you too.

I've been American all my life and I hold no resentment toward other countries (Happy Belated Canada day to Canadians BTW).
Thank you for that kind statement.

S.Suikun said:
For the folks from other countires who are barging in and saying they "don't care", you probably have your own celebrations of independence that everyone else in the world "doesn't care" about. I don't think anybody has the right to be getting on another nation's back about celebrating their darn independence, no matter how flashy it is.
Actually, as much as I'd like to want to say, I've regularly forgotten that July 1st is Canada Day for us up North. I've known about the 4th of July for a while, and was at one point under the impression that both Canada and the U.S. celebrated it simultaneously. I now know that t be false.

*C_L*

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
I've decided that I will indeed celebrate Independence Day, even though I'm Canadian and currently live in Canada. And that I celebrated Canada Day 3 days ago. But hey, any excuse to not be sober, am I right?

Even today, when I was checking the break schedule at my work, I took the time to erase "Saturday, July 4th" and put, in red and blue pen, "Independance Day!!" with a little American flag beside it. And yes, I do realize that I spelt it wrong...I wasn't sure if it was with an A or an E. Ehehehe. It was actually kind of funny how few people knew that it was on the 4th of July. And my reply to them was "Dude, you never saw the movie Independence Day with Will Smith and those aliens? Wtf?"

I dunno. The US is so close to Canada and influences so much that we do, so why not show a little respect even if it isn't reciprocated? AND. GET. DRUNK.

Whoo.

Last edited:

Rheine

Stabby McStabface
Why do American people stereotype that every other nation hate you guys? ~_~
You guys are okay...
Well, congrats for the Independence Day (late, I know)...I hope you guys work hard so we can pull through the economical..problems we have now.

P.S.: Alfred is really cute

Ethan

Banned
Josh we actually have an entirely seperate day for oppressed native americans, thats July 5th. And there's more fireworks.

AND YES COBALT I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT TITLE EDIT BWAHAHA.

Gabriel Rocha Nascimento

Garoto de Macaé
Thank you, this thread saved me from completely forgetting this not-importan-at-all day.

pocketmunster

munster in my pocket
Thank you, this thread saved me from completely forgetting this not-importan-at-all day.
For real, them perople totally just died for no reason! Seriously though ive NEVER seen this many firworks in my neighborhood, Ive heard like 10 1/4 sticks of dynamite in like 2 hours.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
I ran around with a USA hammer listening to Soundgarden's "4th of July" today. No fireworks, since my family just came back from a vacation and have been tired.

God, that hammer makes me feel like I can go ahead and pass some taxes on you suckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.